Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debate Pt. 2 Thread
How are any of these people going to beat Trump when they won't use their debate time to insult Rosie O'Donnell and call each other short and ugly?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
I was not impressed. Yes i would take any of them over a serial sexual assaulter pathological liar conman traitor with a shitty haircut. But if any halfway decent third party candidate gets in the mix that could easily be enough to win votes of fed up voters while the trumpets get in line to sign up for four more years of national disgrace. Throw in republicans actively neglecting election security because it helped them win the last presidential election. And wham. The real trickle down will take effect. Sooner or later the total incompetence bleeding from this administration will have catastrophic consequences.
(07-31-2019, 08:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was not impressed. Yes i would take any of them over a serial sexual assaulter pathological liar conman traitor with a shitty haircut. But if any halfway decent third party candidate gets in the mix that could easily be enough to win votes of fed up voters while the trumpets get in line to sign up for four more years of national disgrace. Throw in republicans actively neglecting election security because it helped them win the last presidential election. And wham. The real trickle down will take effect. Sooner or later the total incompetence bleeding from this administration will have catastrophic consequences.

I don't think Slick Willy is running. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-31-2019, 08:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think Slick Willy is running. 

Damn. I didn't know you had a time machine !! That is awesome. But fyi it is 2019. There is actually stuff in the Back to the Future movies about when Biff becomes prez if you want to watch and get an idea about what we are currently dealing with.
(07-31-2019, 08:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Damn. I didn't know you had a time machine !! That is awesome. But fyi it is 2019. There is actually stuff in the Back to the Future movies about when Biff becomes prez if you want to watch and get an idea about what we are currently dealing with.

I don't that's why I informed you Slick Willie is not running, you seemed to like all others over him. You may want to focus over what the candidate propose instead of who they're running against. I get the candidates cannot grasp that concept, but the American voter should try. 

Pretty sure Harris said she's willing to fight for 4 more years of Trump

IMO Harris is getting killed. She better call someone (other than Trump) a racist soon or she's going to lose all momentum.

I'm not sure if Tulsi thinks just attacking Harris is a legitimate strategy for her own campaign or if she is already planning on backing Bernie and figured she can just be a surrogate attack dog against Kamala, but she's not one who should try to bring up past records... especially given how her candidacy started and the apologies she had to make.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-31-2019, 08:47 PM)6andcounting Wrote: How are any of these people going to beat Trump when they won't use their debate time to insult Rosie O'Donnell and call each other short and ugly?

We need the Rock to run for president. He's every bit as qualified as the sitting president, and could give him a lesson on how to really talk shit. Watching Mr Trump get slaughtered by that in a debate would be priceless... Til then I'll have to settle for Mayor Pete taking him to task. I can already hear the nicknames the president will come up with for that guy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-01-2019, 12:05 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not sure if Tulsi thinks just attacking Harris is a legitimate strategy for her own campaign or if she is already planning on backing Bernie and figured she can just be a surrogate attack dog against Kamala, but she's not one who should try to bring up past records... especially given how her candidacy started and the apologies she had to make.

She absolutely destroyed Harris. Tulsi looked great up there tonight. 

Kamalas past record is much worse. I may be completely off here, but putting people in prison and ruining their lives for something you do yourself is a lot worse than being a bigot.  Wink  

Bonus points when after this Kamala tried to challenge a former combat medic to "make decisions under fire"
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
I thought Yang did pretty well. Inslee is a little goofy but i like his positions. Overall i think this group is better than group 1.
(08-01-2019, 09:01 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: She absolutely destroyed Harris. Tulsi looked great up there tonight. 

Kamalas past record is much worse. I may be completely off here, but putting people in prison and ruining their lives for something you do yourself is a lot worse than being a bigot.  Wink  

Bonus points when after this Kamala tried to challenge a former combat medic to "make decisions under fire"

Personally, both things are pretty disqualifying to me.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-31-2019, 08:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was not impressed. Yes i would take any of them over a serial sexual assaulter pathological liar conman traitor with a shitty haircut. But if any halfway decent third party candidate gets in the mix that could easily be enough to win votes of fed up voters while the trumpets get in line to sign up for four more years of national disgrace. Throw in republicans actively neglecting election security because it helped them win the last presidential election. And wham. The real trickle down will take effect. Sooner or later the total incompetence bleeding from this administration will have catastrophic consequences.

I personally don't think there have been two worse choices for President in my lifetime, and third parties didn't do squat.  2016 was the year. Then again, if each side thinks the person for the other party is the devil incarnate, they may not want to throw their vote to a third party and help that person get elected.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-01-2019, 09:08 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I thought Yang did pretty well. Inslee is a little goofy but i like his positions. Overall i think this group is better than group 1.

MATH
(08-01-2019, 12:05 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not sure if Tulsi thinks just attacking Harris is a legitimate strategy for her own campaign or if she is already planning on backing Bernie and figured she can just be a surrogate attack dog against Kamala, but she's not one who should try to bring up past records... especially given how her candidacy started and the apologies she had to make.

I think your last line describes the difference. Tulsi has confronted her past mistakes and apologized for them and now has a record showing she has changed. Harris has not accepted she made mistakes, she won't even talk about her past mistakes when brought up, she changes the subject.
(08-01-2019, 09:01 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: She absolutely destroyed Harris. Tulsi looked great up there tonight. 

Treating people like second class citizens, dehumanizing them, and belittling the discrimination they face all because of your religion is pretty bad too. It's not a question of "who is worse?" but "do you want to open yourself up to attacks on your past as well?". 

(08-01-2019, 10:25 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think your last line describes the difference. Tulsi has confronted her past mistakes and apologized for them and now has a record showing she has changed. Harris has not accepted she made mistakes, she won't even talk about her past mistakes when brought up, she changes the subject.

Harris too has addressed her record early in the candidacy and expressed regret for some of the things she had to do. She also has sought to reform the system while in the Senate. Gabbard has maintained her personal views and attacked Harris at one point when Harris sought to grill a notoriously anti LGBT judicial nominee on their ability to remain impartial and fair, so her record still isn't perfect.

The real difference is that Harris has polled in double digits and Gabbard struggles to get on polls. One had to make a last ditch effort on screen for September. 

(07-31-2019, 08:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nothing funny about folks with inadequate medical care. The entertainment comes when rich folks try to one up each other on how they are personally affected. 

. . . while they are proposing policies to provide adequate and affordable medicare for everyone.

If nothing is funny about inadequate medical care then let's hope one of these rich folks is the next president.
(08-01-2019, 11:13 AM)Dill Wrote: . . . while they are proposing policies to provide adequate and affordable medicare for everyone.

If nothing is funny about inadequate medical care then let's hope one of these rich folks is the next president.

How much you wanna bet that the other side also proposes policies to provide adequate and affordable healthcare?

Hit