Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
December mock 1 trade back
December mock. Been experimenting with trade back scenarios. Traded back to 32. 1 trade. Gotta say I love it. Get 2 elite prospects at d-tackle which is our biggest weakness, top center in draft in rd2, top te and my favorite prospect in this class, Johnny wilson(no clue how he fell this far) Zac zinter plug and play at LG(when healthy) backup te to improve te room, and rb prospect.

32. Tyleik Williams DT OSU

44. Cedrick van pran OC Georgia

48. Tvondre sweat DT Texas

79. Cade stover TE OSU

110. Johnny Wilson WR FSU

141. Zack zinter G MICHIGIAN

177. Tyler Warren TE PSU

Ray Davis RB Kentucky
Reply/Quote
Really like this Mock. Would be ecstatic to get all these players. Tyleik and Sweat would make the DT room tops again.

Van Pran and Zinter would help our interior for the future big time I am sure. Zinter's injury should make him fall so it isn't
completely out there that he would be around that late. Stover and especially Johnny Wilson would be some great weapons
for Burrow, really liked Wilson everytime I have seen him play, big, fast WR.

Doubt we draft 2 TE's when we should bring back Hudson and Sample, but I like Warren.

Ray Davis that late seems unrealistic, am I wrong? Thought this guy was a top RB in this Draft?

Good job Jpoore. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 08:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really like this Mock. Would be ecstatic to get all these players. Tyleik and Sweat would make the DT room tops again.

Van Pran and Zinter would help our interior for the future big time I am sure. Zinter's injury should make him fall so it isn't
completely out there that he would be around that late. Stover and especially Johnny Wilson would be some great weapons
for Burrow, really liked Wilson everytime I have seen him play, big, fast WR.

Doubt we draft 2 TE's when we should bring back Hudson and Sample, but I like Warren.

Ray Davis that late seems unrealistic, am I wrong? Thought this guy was a top RB in this Draft?

Good job Jpoore. Rock On

I’ve gone back and forth on here but to me DT is soooo week. We’ve gotten taken to woodshed through the middle whether it be starters and especially backups. I fully believe we lose reader, but even not it’s probably a 1 year deal so you got sweat to take over the reigns year 2. Tyleik can play 3 or nose very well. Just really wanna update that middle. Te I wanna get rid of Wilcox level te. Hudson I like but he’s 30 next year that’s why I went 2 te. Davis was just bpa there. Wilson and stover would be exciting to add. I agree injuries make people fall way past what they should.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 09:08 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I’ve gone back and forth on here but to me DT is soooo week. We’ve gotten taken to woodshed through the middle whether it be starters and especially backups. I fully believe we lose reader,  but even not it’s probably a 1 year deal so you got sweat to take over the reigns year 2. Tyleik can play 3 or nose very well. Just really wanna update that middle. Te I wanna get rid of Wilcox level te. Hudson I like but he’s 30 next year  that’s why I went 2 te. Davis was just bpa there. Wilson and stover would be exciting to add. I agree injuries make people fall way past what they should.

Yeah, need to bring back Reader on a 2 year extension in my opinion and develop some DT's like Tyleik and Sweat.

Tupou should be gone as he should be. Carter hasn't shown much. Sweat would probably be an upgrade over Tupou right out of 
the gate, Tyleik over Carter right out of the gate and Tyleik is versatile and is like 2 picks in one. I understand that Hudson is older
and why you brought in 2 TE's in this one. I just doubt this FO drafts 2 TE's, they like Hudson and Sample.

To get Ray Davis in the 7th I think would be a major steal. Zinter could be a stud once he gets 100% again.

It is just a nice mock with lots of players I have seen play and have been impressed with.
Reply/Quote
So are we not going to address RT?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 12:02 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: So are we not going to address RT?

In this scenario Jonah gets resigned.
Reply/Quote
This doesn't seem realistic at all. Williams is #67 prospect per the Consensus Big Board and most of the lists that have him in 1st round consideration haven't been updated since the summer. Wilson is the #59 prospect and Zinter #73, currently.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 01:58 PM)Whatever Wrote: This doesn't seem realistic at all. Williams is #67 prospect per the Consensus Big Board and most of the lists that have him in 1st round consideration haven't been updated since the summer. Wilson is the #59 prospect and Zinter #73, currently.

Wilson probably dosent fall but who knows. Tyleik Williams is hiring between 30-45 in every single simulator. Zinter likely dosent play next year due to injury so he falls.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 01:58 PM)Whatever Wrote: This doesn't seem realistic at all.  Williams is #67 prospect per the Consensus Big Board and most of the lists that have him in 1st round consideration haven't been updated since the summer.  Wilson is the #59 prospect and Zinter #73, currently.

You never know how we value players, but yeah, Wilson should go much earlier than this. Zinter should fall though.

That was bad injury and he might not even play next year.

(12-07-2023, 02:40 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Wilson probably dosent fall but who knows. Tyleik Williams is hiring between 30-45 in every single simulator. Zinter likely dosent play next year due to injury so he falls.

Yes. Wilson is the unrealistic pick now looking at those numbers Whatever provided. Still would love to have the guy and I 
like all the players mentioned in this Mock. It is a rare Mock where I have seen all these guys play.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 02:40 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Wilson probably dosent fall but who knows. Tyleik Williams is hiring between 30-45 in every single simulator. Zinter likely dosent play next year due to injury so he falls.

What sim are you using?  I ran PFN, PFF, NFL Mock Draft Database, and NFL Draft Buzz to test this and he went 53rd on PFN, didn't get drafted at all in the 1st 100 picks on PFF, 98th on Mock Draft Database, and 109th on Draft Buzz?

Also, if you user pick him in that range every time, he will be drafted in that range every single time.  

In any case, the guy is a mega reach in that spot.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 04:39 PM)Whatever Wrote: What sim are you using?  I ran PFN, PFF, NFL Mock Draft Database, and NFL Draft Buff to test this and he went 53rd on PFN, didn't get drafted at all in the 1st 100 picks on PFF, 98th on Mock Draft Database, and 109th on Draft Buzz?

Also, if you user pick him in that range every time, he will be drafted in that range every single time.  

In any case, the guy is a mega reach in that spot.

This mock was PFN where he is the 32nd ranked player. PFN is the highest on him yes. I expect him to be a major riser as he had a phenomenal year and is a 3-tech in NT body.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 04:42 PM)Jpoore Wrote: This mock was PFN where he is the 32nd ranked player. PFN is the highest on him yes. I expect him to be a major riser as he had a phenomenal year and is a 3-tech in NT body.

He's been falling majorly throughout the season.  PFN also hasn't updated their big boards since summertime, which explains why they have him so high in their sim.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 05:07 PM)Whatever Wrote: He's been falling majorly throughout the season.  PFN also hasn't updated their big boards since summertime, which explains why they have him so high in their sim.

Not sure why he would be falling when he had his best season of his career? Micheal hall jr was falling but Williams has been rising, or will continue to rise
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 05:25 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Not sure why he would be falling when he had his best season of his career? Micheal hall jr was falling but Williams has been rising, or will continue to rise

I just know where the guy is graded it, but it's your mock.  If you want to spend a 1st on a 3rd round talent, go for it.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 01:18 AM)Whatever Wrote: I just know where the guy is graded it, but it's your mock.  If you want to spend a 1st on a 3rd round talent, go for it.

That’s what I’m saying. It’s reversed then. He’s a first round talent but is going in the third… just like dawand jones last year.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 05:07 PM)Whatever Wrote: He's been falling majorly throughout the season.  PFN also hasn't updated their big boards since summertime, which explains why they have him so high in their sim.

Dalton Miller and Ian Cummings are not my favorite draft analysts. I know Miller runs that draft section but he's more one of their main overall writers. Ian Cummings does most of the scouting for PFN.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 08:17 PM)Jpoore Wrote: December mock. Been experimenting with trade back scenarios. Traded back to 32. 1 trade. Gotta say I love it. Get 2 elite prospects at d-tackle which is our biggest weakness, top center in draft in rd2, top te and my favorite prospect in this class,  Johnny wilson(no clue how he fell this far) Zac zinter plug and play at LG(when healthy) backup te to improve te room, and rb prospect.

32. Tyleik Williams DT OSU

44. Cedrick van pran OC Georgia

48. Tvondre sweat DT Texas

79. Cade stover TE OSU

110. Johnny Wilson WR FSU

141. Zack zinter G MICHIGIAN

177. Tyler Warren TE PSU

Ray Davis RB Kentucky

Sign me up! 

This is quite the haul. Love T'vondre and Tyliek. I was trying to work on a draft with both of them, although I personally think its more likely Sweat goes in 1 and Williams goes in 2 (I could even see him going in 3). Love Stover, Wilson and Zinter. That said I do have to agree that this seems a bit unrealistic. I think you have about 6 second to third rounders. It would be a home run if it did happen though. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 04:13 AM)Jpoore Wrote: That’s what I’m saying. It’s reversed then. He’s a first round talent but is going in the third… just like dawand jones last year.

You'd seriously spend a 1st on Jones?  The guy has been average in an offense that masks most of his deficiencies.  
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 04:42 PM)Jpoore Wrote: This mock was PFN where he is the 32nd ranked player. PFN is the highest on him yes. I expect him to be a major riser as he had a phenomenal year and is a 3-tech in NT body.

3.0 sacks is "phenomenal" for a college DT now?
News to me.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 12:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: You'd seriously spend a 1st on Jones?  The guy has been average in an offense that masks most of his deficiencies.  
Who?
(12-13-2023, 02:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 3.0 sacks is "phenomenal" for a college DT now?
News to me.

Sack numbers are not phenomenal but he was always in the opponents backfield. Also had 10 TFL, and a fumble return for td as well as 8(I believe) batted passes.
Reply/Quote