Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decent off season mock imo
Trade Dalton for a 3rd round pick and trade Kirkpatrick for a 4th Round pick.

Re sign
AJ Green
Darquez Dennard
Andrew Billings
Tyler Eifert
Brandon Wilson
Josh Topou
Laroy Reynolds

FA Sign
Corey Littleton LB - the type of stud linebacker this team needs in the middle

Elijah Wilkinson OT - Young offensive Tackle to compete and at the least add much needed depth

Draft
1.Joe Burrow QB LSU
2.Grant Delpit S LSU
3.Denzel Mims WR Baylor
3.Davon Hamilton DT Ohio State
4.Akeem Davis Gaither LB App State
4.Lamar Jackson CB Nebraska
5.Yasir Durant OG/OT Missouri
6.Damien Lewis OG LSU
7.Cameron Brown LB Penn State
Reply/Quote
Nice job picking up the 3rd for Dalton, but I want to know what team was smoking what giving up a 4th round pick for Dre. Highway robbery. I'll take it though.

It would be nice to pick up an offseason acquisition such as Littleton, but I don't see it happening.

I said in another mock that I'm a little worried as to why Delpit's stock has all of the sudden fallen. I would be excited/scared to see him drafted at 33. Solid draft throughout. Big fan of Jackson in the 4th.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 09:36 AM)Takedown Wrote: Nice job picking up the 3rd for Dalton, but I want to know what team was smoking what giving up a 4th round pick for Dre. Highway robbery. I'll take it though.

It would be nice to pick up an offseason acquisition such as Littleton, but I don't see it happening.

I said in another mock that I'm a little worried as to why Delpit's stock has all of the sudden fallen. I would be excited/scared to see him drafted at 33. Solid draft throughout. Big fan of Jackson in the 4th.

I think if we find the right taker we can get a 4th for Dre, def a fifth. Dre does have some decent numbers and some good football years ahead of him still, we in Cincinnati just have a bad taste in our mouth for em. i think Seattle would consider it. They love those tall lengthy corners. And they need em

With how long I’ve been a bengal fan it’s tough for me to see them signing Littleton as well but with the ties to Taylor in LA and the desperate need we have I’m trying to be hopeful... shoot we have the cap for it.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 10:10 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I think if we find the right taker we can get a 4th for Dre, def a fifth.  Dre does have some decent numbers and some good football years ahead of him still, we in Cincinnati just have a bad taste in our mouth for em.  i think Seattle would consider it.  They love those tall lengthy corners.  And they need em

With how long I’ve been a bengal fan it’s tough for me to see them signing Littleton as well but with the ties to Taylor in LA and the desperate need we have I’m trying to be hopeful... shoot we have the cap for it.

Seattle is a possibility for sure. You make good points.

There are some ties. Let's wait and see I suppose.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Very good mock. Love every pick honestly. Especially the Gaither pick.

So far my favorite LB's in the mid rounds are Gaither and Dye.

I guess if I had a criticism it is no Guard early after getting Wilkinson.

We got some pretty bad Guards on the O-line.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 09:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very good mock. Love every pick honestly. Especially the Gaither pick.

So far my favorite LB's in the mid rounds are Gaither and Dye.

I guess if I had a criticism it is no Guard early after getting Wilkinson.

We got some pretty bad Guards on the O-line.

Thanks man big fan of Gaither too. His size does not worry me at all. I like Damien Lewis from LSU a lot and Yasir Durant is a massive man who can maul inside and outside, couple that with Michael Jordan and Billy price and we should be able to find some quality starters out that group along with good depth along the offensive line especially with Durant’s flexibility. I’d love to be able address the oline earlier but the oline really progressed late in the year and I couldn’t compromise guys I had taken earlier for the oline.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 07:32 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Trade Dalton for a 3rd round pick and trade Kirkpatrick for a 4th Round pick.

Re sign
AJ Green
Darquez Dennard
Andrew Billings
Tyler Eifert
Brandon Wilson
Josh Topou
Laroy Reynolds

FA Sign
Corey Littleton LB - the type of stud linebacker this team needs in the middle

Elijah Wilkinson OT - Young offensive Tackle to compete and at the least add much needed depth

Draft
1.Joe Burrow QB LSU
2.Grant Delpit S LSU
3.Denzel Mims WR Baylor
3.Davon Hamilton DT Ohio State
4.Akeem Davis Gaither LB App State
4.Lamar Jackson CB Nebraska
5.Yasir Durant OG/OT Missouri
6.Damien Lewis OG LSU
7.Cameron Brown LB Penn State

I'm interested to see your projected cap hits for those re-signings along with Littleton and Wilkinson.

If the Bengals get Dalton's and Kirkpatrick's salaries off the books, they add ~$26 mill to their current $47 mill available cap, which would put their available cap at $73 mill.

Reserve $10-15 mill just for draft picks and injuries. 
Down to $58-63 mill.

Littleton + Green could very likely eat up $30+ mill of that cap.
Down to $28-33 mill.

Will that amount be enough to sign Dennard, Billings, Tupou, Eifert, Wilson, Reynolds, and Wilkinson?

I think if it does, it would leave the Bengals with basically nothing left to put towards a WJ3 extension, which you have to expect they would plan/want to do.

Also, I didn't see Cordy Glenn mentioned, but what do you do with him? Do you have him start next to Jonah?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 02:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm interested to see your projected cap hits for those re-signings along with Littleton and Wilkinson.

If the Bengals get Dalton's and Kirkpatrick's salaries off the books, they add ~$26 mill to their current $47 mill available cap, which would put their available cap at $73 mill.

Reserve $10-15 mill just for draft picks and injuries. 
Down to $58-63 mill.

Littleton + Green could very likely eat up $30+ mill of that cap.
Down to $28-33 mill.

Will that amount be enough to sign Dennard, Billings, Tupou, Eifert, Wilson, Reynolds, and Wilkinson?

I think if it does, it would leave the Bengals with basically nothing left to put towards a WJ3 extension, which you have to expect they would plan/want to do.

Also, I didn't see Cordy Glenn mentioned, but what do you do with him? Do you have him start next to Jonah?

Well in your scenario I could then do without Wilkinson to allow for a William Jackson extension but that’s also pending a increase in competent play from him. I’m a big fan of wj3 but also know that his play has been down the last couple years. If Jackson proves he can play back the level he has shown before I’m all for extending him if not draft a corner high in next years draft which this team does not shy away from doing. Also very high on Darius Phillips as well. Ideally if I had to chose I’d say forget Wilkinson extended wj3 and have 3 good corners in Dennard Phillips and Jackson.
As for glenn I expect us to kick him inside to LG like what was planned for him last year and go from there.
Reply/Quote