Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deep Cuts: Who's your guy/Who's not your guy?
For all of us draftniks out there, I was just wondering who your "guy" is in the mid to late rounds. No top guys here.

Also, who do you want to stay away from in this draft?

For me, my mid to late round guy is Ben Bartch. I think I've jumped on the hype train now unfortunately, but there's so much potential value there in the mid-rounds for a guy who competed with top level talent at the Senior Bowl.

My stay away is Troy Dye, at least where he's being drafted. I know he's been pushed up because of our need at linebacker, but he gives me a lot of Pratt vibes and I feel like they would be repetitive skills wise. He seems destined to just be a weak side guy and we need a more complete type of linebacker.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
One mid-late round guy that I'm big on is Jeremy Chinn, Safety, Southern Illinois.

Late round receiver Isaiah Hodgins from Oregon St. should be a steal. In a typical draft year, I think he's easily a 3rd round talent.

Those are just a couple that have caught my attention recently.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Kalija Lipscomb from Vanderbilt is an interesting late round guy for me.  His change of direction abilities and short area quickness really pop off the film from time to time.  He could be a shifty slot or gadget type of guy in the pros.
Reply/Quote
Thought I'd try a different thread. I, as usual, will watch the first two nights of the draft. I will have day 3 on as well if I'm not doing anything. I will watching to see which players come the board as Thursday night winds down.

For me, I know I will go damn if these two guys are picked:
Josh jones
Patrick Queen

I know there will be other good players on the board then, but I'm hoping to get one of these two. Who you got?

And let's try to keep it reasonable. No one expects chase young to be there. I realize nt two picks may not be either, but there's a chance. Maybe
Reply/Quote
Austin Jackson aka Cedric O 2.0

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 02:13 PM)Okeana Wrote: Austin Jackson aka Cedric O 2.0

So actually you would be happy Jackson goes in 1 so he's not there for us.  This isn't a wince at who the bengals take in 2 thread.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 02:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: So actually you would be happy Jackson goes in 1 so he's not there for us.  This isn't a wince at who the bengals take in 2 thread.

yeah sorry, I had just woke up after a long night when I responded.  comprehension wasn't with me yet lmao.  

Reply/Quote
it's hard to tell at this point because I'm already wincing with the fact that rounds 2-4 Bengals want defensive players only. One guy I know that will continue to rise that I really like is Marlon Davidson and he looked amazing in his day 1 of the senior bowl. I fear he will end up being a top 15 pick after the combine because he's added positive weight in the offseason, moves amazingly well, and has great hands. Anything is better than drew sample tho so fingers crossed.

Reply/Quote
If Laviska Shenault Jr. is somehow someway available at 33...I will buy that Tom Jones song and do the Carlton.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Not necessarily this order:

Kenneth Murray
Tee Higgins
Laviska chenault Jr.
Brandon Aiyuk later than tdn 2.

I'll be jumping for joy if Murray is still there at 33. Almost always off the board by the Eagles pick.

Brandon Aiyuk is a playmaker that needs a bit of work and has issues when hammed at the line. Fortunately he should be our #3 at best and shouldn't get jammed too much.
Reply/Quote
My guy:kj hill

Not my guy: darn at Holmes
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 02:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: So actually you would be happy Jackson goes in 1 so he's not there for us.  This isn't a wince at who the bengals take in 2 thread.

I'm not sure that "wince" means the same to everyone as they think it means.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wince+definition&rlz=1C1PRFC_enUS795US795&oq=wince&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l6j69i60.5304j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Quote:Dictionary

wince1
/wins/
verb

1. give a slight involuntary grimace or shrinking movement of the body out of or in anticipation of pain or distress.
    "he winced at the disgust in her voice"

Similar:
    grimace

pull a face

flinch

blench

start

draw back

shrink away

recoil

cringe

squirm

noun

1. a slight grimace or shrinking movement caused by pain or distress.

Seems like some are thinking that you meant "players they would be elated to see available at 33", when I think that you actually meant "players that would make you cringe, if the Bengals took them at 33".   ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 06:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not sure that "wince" means the same to everyone as they think it means.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wince+definition&rlz=1C1PRFC_enUS795US795&oq=wince&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l6j69i60.5304j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Seems like some are thinking that you meant "players they would be elated to see available at 33", when I think that you actually meant "players that would make you cringe, if the Bengals took them at 33".   ThumbsUp

Possibly.  I did mean it has "damn, player x went at 27.  I was hoping for him to fall to us.  I thought I laid that out in the message but maybe not
Reply/Quote
My guys:
Justin Madubuike, DT Texas A&M (although I think he's starting to get more hype and may go on Day 2 now)
Tyler Johnson, WR Minnesota

If the Bengals could land both of these guys in the 3-5 range, I'd be happy.

As for not my guy, anyone who is a clear project. Those belong in Rds 6-7 or UDFA IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not sure where he will eventually end up, but Dye, LB from Oregon is a guy that I really want.
Reply/Quote
Jacob Phillips, LB, LSU is NOT my guy at all. Right now he's Hardy Nickerson Jr in purple and gold.

Patrick Queen IS my guy at 2.

After that, I want to sure up the Oline with

Ben Bartch, OT, St. Johns at 3 and
Solomon Kindley, IOL Georgia at 4

At some point, in 5 or maybe 6 I want

Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest

He's a fast LB who can cover the field and cover receivers.

I also really Michael Divinity Jr., EDGE LSU at 7

He can play at the edge or at SAM.

Divinity, Pratt, Queen and Strnad would give us a much faster and more formidable corps of LBs than we've had in a long time.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 03:01 PM)Okeana Wrote: it's hard to tell at this point because I'm already wincing with the fact that rounds 2-4 Bengals want defensive players only.  One guy I know that will continue to rise that I really like is Marlon Davidson and he looked amazing in his day 1 of the senior bowl.  I fear he will end up being a top 15 pick after the combine because he's added positive weight in the offseason, moves amazingly well, and has great hands.  Anything is better than drew sample tho so fingers crossed.

Extremely doubtful that this would happen.  Hell, they haven't even evaluated everyone yet.  They'll go with BPA.  I'd be SHOCKED if they don't add a RT at some point in round 2-4.  They were trying to do it last year, pretty sure they will try again.  They know the line isn't fixed yet.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 03:43 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Extremely doubtful that this would happen.  Hell, they haven't even evaluated everyone yet.  They'll go with BPA.  I'd be SHOCKED if they don't add a RT at some point in round 2-4.  They were trying to do it last year, pretty sure they will try again.  They know the line isn't fixed yet.

I can see Throckmorton in round 4, but he is NOT a T.

I think we'd all want a Jones-like (if he slides) T at 2, but not sure the team will do that; as mentioned above, they wish to place an emphasis on defense, so I'd expect a LB or secondary player to go at 2... but like you said, who knows?

(02-11-2020, 05:32 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Ben Bartch, OT, St. Johns at 3 and

I also really Michael Divinity Jr., EDGE LSU at 7

Would be elated with Bartch (though I feel with the Bengals trends, he'd be redshirted this year or held out) at 3 and I like Divinity any round after 4; his stock has dropped due to off-field BS, but he's been a very good LB his entire time at LSU and, as you mentioned, he can rush the passer. I wouldn't put him on an island against a TE, but there's a lot you can do with him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Laviska Shenault is my guy this year. Playmaker, probably have to get this guy at 33 though.

If we are going O-line, Runyan in the 3rd, LB I like Gaither in the 4th if he falls or we get another pick or two in the mid rounds
for Dalton, Glenn or Kirkpatrick I trade up for Gaither.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 05:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I can see Throckmorton in round 4, but he is NOT a T.

I think we'd all want a Jones-like (if he slides) T at 2, but not sure the team will do that; as mentioned above, they wish to place an emphasis on defense, so I'd expect a LB or secondary player to go at 2... but like you said, who knows?

Would be elated with Bartch (though I feel with the Bengals trends, he'd be redshirted this year or held out) at 3 and I like Divinity any round after 4; his stock has dropped due to off-field BS, but he's been a very good LB his entire time at LSU and, as you mentioned, he can rush the passer. I wouldn't put him on an island against a TE, but there's a lot you can do with him.

If Marvin was still here, I'd just nod and say "yeah." But I was impressed with how quickly Zac got Michael Jordan in the lineup, even though he struggled. What makes you think they'd redshirt Bartch? Because of St Johns being a Div 2 school? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote