Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deep Cuts: Who's your guy/Who's not your guy?
(02-13-2020, 01:12 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: If Marvin was still here, I'd just nod and say "yeah." But I was impressed with how quickly Zac got Michael Jordan in the lineup, even though he struggled. What makes you think they'd redshirt Bartch? Because of St Johns being a Div 2 school? 

That and he may need a year in an NFL weight program; he was 250 pounds just 2+ years ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
My Guys...

Tee Higgins
Travis Etienne
Mekhi Becton
Laviska Shenault
Donovan Peoples-Jones
Brandon Aiyuk
Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Cam Akers
Tyler Johnson
Solomon Kindley

Not My Guys...

Josh Jones
Patrick Queen
Troy Dye
Jonathan Taylor
KJ Hill
Logan Stenburg
Shane Lemiuex
Collin Johnson
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 03:53 PM)Synric Wrote: If Laviska Shenault Jr. is somehow someway available at 33...I will buy that Tom Jones song and do the Carlton.

In general, I'm not crazy about the idea of a WR at 33 but I really like this kid and would be thrilled to get him there.
Reply/Quote
Jalen Reagor is my guy. He's who I want at 33.

I also like corners AJ Green and Troy Pride Jr.
LB Akeem Davis Gaither from App State.
Adam Trautman TE from Dayton
Reply/Quote
Players I find myself consistently drafting in simulators in the 3rd through 5th rounds:

Lucas Niang OT TCU in the 3rd round.
He is moving up boards and may not be available in the 3rd round, but if he's there, he has all the potential in the world to be a starting RT within a year.

Troy Dye LB Oregon in the 3rd round.
I really like Dye's coverage ability. He's a bit undersized and may be more like an oversized safety, but he could get better against the run. If he falls to the 4th, even better.

Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota in the 4th round.
He's quick, has good hands, has good size (6'2" 205lb), can go up and get the ball and has good footwork. He was productive in the big 10 with back to back 1000+ seasons and shows effort in blocking. It's, quite frankly, absurd that a player this good would be available in the 4th round, but that's just how deep this WR class is.

Jonah Jackson, OG OSU in the 5th round.
Do I think Jackson ultimately lasts until the 5th round? No. His Senior Bowl performance was impressive and PFF is already projecting him as one of the best guards in the draft. I don't know why he lasts this long in mock draft simulators, but Todd McShay and Mel Kiper don't have him as highly rated as PFF does so maybe he's one of the draft's best kept secrets, I dunno.

Amik Robertson CB Louisiana Tech anywhere between the 3rd and 5th round.
He's undersized but...that's about it. From what I've read, he is everything else you want in a CB.

Players I really don't like:
Austin Jackson in the 2nd and Prince Tega Wanogho in the 3rd, for the samereason. Lack of functional strength (call it Ogbuehi syndrome).

Jalen Reagor in the 2nd. Droppy WRs in the 2nd round are a no go for me.

Malik Harrison and Jordyn Brooks in the 3rd round. Both profile as 2 down linebackers. We really need coverage linebackers or at least linebackers good enough to stay in on 3rd down. I don't think either of these guys help us there.

Of course, if any of these players drop another round or two, I am more open to drafting them.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 05:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: One mid-late round guy that I'm big on is Jeremy Chinn, Safety, Southern Illinois.

Late round receiver Isaiah Hodgins from Oregon St. should be a steal.  In a typical draft year, I think he's easily a 3rd round talent.

Those are just a couple that have caught my attention recently.

I like Chinn a lot and mocked him to us several times.  Playmaker...something we need more of at safety and on defense in general. 
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 09:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like Chinn a lot and mocked him to us several times.  Playmaker...something we need more of at safety and on defense in general. 

With Williams in a final year, Fedj in a final year, who knows what we have in Trayvon Henderson?  I'd say that Safety is a likely bet, at some point in the draft.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 09:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With Williams in a final year, Fedj in a final year, who knows what we have in Trayvon Henderson?  I'd say that Safety is a likely bet, at some point in the draft.

Fej is a UFA this offseason. He doesn't have another year left.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 06:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fej is a UFA this offseason. He doesn't have another year left.

My mistake, thanks for the correction.  That only further goes to reinforce my opinion that the Bengals will draft a Safety this year.  Fedj is a good hitter, alright rotational player, but I can't see the team offering him any real money with those pedestrian coverage skills.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 09:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With Williams in a final year, Fedj in a final year, who knows what we have in Trayvon Henderson?  I'd say that Safety is a likely bet, at some point in the draft.

Kyle Duggar is where my money is at.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 08:39 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Kyle Duggar is where my money is at.

Hmm, maybe.  Seems more of a developmental guy to me.  Was a big fish playing in a small pond, and scouts say he was slow because of it.  Facing guys that were elite will be humbling for a guy like him. I'm more of a Jeremy Chin fan.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 08:39 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Kyle Duggar is where my money is at.

I agree. I was very impressed with Kyle Duggar in the Senior Bowl. I can see him rising up draft boards after the combine.

Another Safety I like who seems to be a sleeper is Tanner Muse out of Clemson. He would probably have to be more of an in the box safety in the NFL but I think he’s very underrated.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 08:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, maybe.  Seems more of a developmental guy to me.  Was a big fish playing in a small pond, and scouts say he was slow because of it.  Facing guys that were elite will be humbling for a guy like him.  I'm more of a Jeremy Chin fan.
Bengals will probably take some guys they coached at the senior bowl. They may be in the market for a safety and I think they liked him.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 09:13 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Bengals will probably take some guys they coached at the senior bowl. They may be in the market for a safety and I think they liked him.

That is true, as they like guys that they have had a chance to spend some time with.  Who know's?  Dugger might develop into a good player.  I'm sure that he was doing his best to impress at Senior Bowl week, and likely took well to higher level coaching.  However, we all know human nature is to revert to what we're used to doing, when the competition get's tough.   That is part of why I just didn't like some of what I saw in his scouting reports. 

He's got great upside, like many players do.  It's just that his downsides scare the heck out of me, and this team likely NEEDS a solid Safety prospect in this draft.

Here, check this out.  3 different scouts give their pros and cons on this guy.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/kyle-dugger/Dau0G2jPJ8 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 09:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's got great upside, like many players do.  It's just that his downsides scare the heck out of me, and this team likely NEEDS a solid Safety prospect in this draft.

Here, check this out.  3 different scouts give their pros and cons on this guy.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/kyle-dugger/Dau0G2jPJ8 

and this team really NEEDS several solid players in this draft.

Fixed it for you  Hilarious

Seriously we need a grand slam draft, bad !
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 10:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: and this team really NEEDS several solid players in this draft.

Fixed it for you  Hilarious

Seriously we need a grand slam draft, bad !

Ain't that the truth, my brother.  I've posted more mocks, and performed a hundred more, searching for the perfect draft answer to the Bengals problems.  The real problem is, that this team cannot be completely fixed in one draft.  However, hitting on a good one, like in 2011-2013 would be a good start.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 06:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My mistake, thanks for the correction.  That only further goes to reinforce my opinion that the Bengals will draft a Safety this year.  Fedj is a good hitter, alright rotational player, but I can't see the team offering him any real money with those pedestrian coverage skills.

I too think the Bengals will look to get another safety, but given the quality of the class and the other needs the Bengals have, I see them going after a safety in Rds 5-7.

Given the relative cheapness of the position in terms of cap hit, I'd look for a FA replacement next year if Williams leaves. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 06:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My mistake, thanks for the correction.  That only further goes to reinforce my opinion that the Bengals will draft a Safety this year.  Fedj is a good hitter, alright rotational player, but I can't see the team offering him any real money with those pedestrian coverage skills.

Fejedelem will stick around, solely for his prowess on Teams.

Simmons has always preached that you need three stud guys on Teams and we've had that always, from 2009 on:

- Vinny Rey
- Peerman
- Fejedelem
- Stanley Morgan
- Cody Core
- James Wright
- Bulkhead
- Taylor Mays
- Dimanche

All of these guys rotated in and out throughout the years, but we've had at least 3 of them on the field at all times and our teams has been really good as a result.

For that reason, I think he stays. However, with the multitude of names posted, one can argue that these are revolving door pieces, so we'll see.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote