Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defending home from insects
(05-09-2017, 10:33 PM)grampahol Wrote: Here in South Carolina it's both fire ants and those HUGE roaches people call palmetto bugs. 
Two things.. Ants ,well most species find coffee to be highly toxic and it'll kill them. Just mix some sugar (not much) into used coffee grounds and that'll do them in, but here the ants are just too prolific and we get these huge ant hills that literally pop up over night so I've taken to using Sevin5 dust on them and it'll take out a 5 foot fire ant hill in a few hours. Fire ant granuels have nothing over Seven dust and the dust is a fraction of the cost.
Inside the house we sprinkle some stuff called diatomaceous powder wherever they hang out like the kitchen. It's non toxic, but its finely ground sea shells and it rips their exoskeletons apart and kills them. For bugs it's like walking through a field of razor blades. Harmless to humans, but deadly to insects and it's cheap online. You can get it at earth.com and amazon.. It'll also kill off cockroaches.. Diatomaceous has a lot of other uses as well..look it up. 

You sir, are the friggin real Terminator. Now I am second guessing my vision of you fishing? Somehow I picture TNT and spears now? Love it!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote