Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defending the Bengals and dumping on ESPN
This is a great video with commentary verbalizing what many of us already know and feel. The creator is (apparently) a Browns fan rushing to our defense.

It's great because I love me some Bengals and loathe bum ass ESPN.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C86-AA9B3Mo
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 08:25 AM)wcu Wrote: This is a great video with commentary verbalizing what many of us already know and feel. The creator is (apparently) a Browns fan rushing to our defense.

It's great because I love me some Bengals and loathe bum ass ESPN.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C86-AA9B3Mo

More interesting at 2x speed. Man, I've got things to do! Just talk fast, YT people!
Reply/Quote
A 20+ minute analysis of why a global sports network doesn't slurp a small market team that hasn't had a winning season in 4 years?  It haint rocket science.

If Burrow gets us a SB or six I assure you ESPN won't be like "Someone won the SB but we are going to talk about the Cowboys equipment manger instead."

Plus after the 2019 flop youd think a Browns fan woyld be afraid of media focus and love. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 11:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: A 20+ minute analysis of why a global sports network doesn't slurp a small market team that hasn't had a winning season in 4 years?  It haint rocket science.

If Burrow gets us a SB or six I assure you ESPN won't be like "Someone won the SB but we are going to talk about the Cowboys equipment manger instead."

Plus after the 2019 flop youd think a Browns fan woyld be afraid of media focus and love. 

No,  it certainly isn't rocket surgery but it's nice to have someone use appropriate examples from another league (that I'm certainly not as familiar with) to drive the point home. 

Plus it's always fun to catch liars and hypocrites at their game, especially when the subject is one you care about. 
Reply/Quote
Start winning and the narrative flips. Its that simple.
Reply/Quote
I see clips of Bengals games all the time on NFL Network and ESPN...Its just usually highlights of other teams stomping them.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 11:56 AM)Synric Wrote: I see clips of Bengals games all the time on NFL Network and ESPN...Its just usually highlights of other teams stomping them.

Reality can be harsh
Reply/Quote
My thoughts on the ownership of the Bengals has zero to do with ESPN as I refuse to watch that crap. It isn’t so much that Mike is cheap, even though he is with everything outside of meeting requirements established by the league. The problems are that he will overpay bums already on his teams because it’s easier than doing the legwork to bring in outside, top free agents to balance his teams. He’s usually way late on cutting ties with crappy or mediocre players and has refused to talk to outside free agents until 3 or 4 days in and after the best players are long gone. There are some good things about the organization but I definitely wouldn’t call it a good organization.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 12:20 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: My thoughts on the ownership of the Bengals has zero to do with ESPN as I refuse to watch that crap. It isn’t so much that Mike is cheap, even though he is with everything outside of meeting requirements established by the league. The problems are that he will overpay bums already on his teams because it’s easier than doing the legwork to bring in outside, top free agents to balance his teams. He’s usually way late on cutting ties with crappy or mediocre players and has refused to talk to outside free agents until 3 or 4 days in and after the best players are long gone. There are some good things about the organization but I definitely wouldn’t call it a good organization.

I actually dont mind the limited free agent strategy. There are teams every year that spend spend spend (browns last year) and come regular season there is zero chemistry and the overhyped team flops.

Resigning players that fit into the locker room and are proven successful in your system makes sense from a team building standpoint.

That said, bringing in a few free agents here and there can be very helpful if done right—and the guys fit into the locker room chemistry. We need a leader at Middle Linebacker this year, for instance.

Overall our team just sucks right now. We can do a lot this offseason to change that. But our failure in recent years has more to do with failed draft strategy than anything. Letting our two best lineman walk a few years ago didn’t help matters.

Its perfectly reasonable to hear the national media down on us. We sucked in the 90s. Got better in the 2000s, but went back to sucking the last few years. We haven’t won squat. Until we start winning, we’ll hear about how poorly run we are.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 11:56 AM)Synric Wrote: I see clips of Bengals games all the time on NFL Network and ESPN...Its just usually highlights of other teams stomping them.

Now that I think of it, if it weren't for Barry Sanders highlights you'd have no idea the Lions or Bears existed in the 90s.

When Burrow gets here and lights it up the media will take notice.  The past 4 years have been so bad and boring I can't imagine anyone outside of hardcore Bengals fans being interested at all.

Hell, there is a chance 14 months from now Burrow is doing a buttload of commercials ala Mayfield in 2019.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 12:34 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I actually dont mind the limited free agent strategy. There are teams every year that spend spend spend (browns last year) and come regular season there is zero chemistry and the overhyped team flops.

Resigning players that fit into the locker room and are proven successful in your system makes sense from a team building standpoint.

That said, bringing in a few free agents here and there can be very helpful if done right—and the guys fit into the locker room chemistry. We need a leader at Middle Linebacker this year, for instance.

Overall our team just sucks right now. We can do a lot this offseason to change that. But our failure in recent years has more to do with failed draft strategy than anything. Letting our two best lineman walk a few years ago didn’t help matters.

Its perfectly reasonable to hear the national media down on us. We sucked in the 90s. Got better in the 2000s, but went back to sucking the last few years. We haven’t won squat. Until we start winning, we’ll hear about how poorly run we are.
You’re right, free agency should be limited but they shouldn’t ignore every big name until they get signed somewhere else. They’re earned their reputation. It’s not just fans that have this perception of the team. Anyways, it’s beating a dead horse. They operate with one hand tied behind their back, they tied their own hand though!
Reply/Quote