Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defense
(09-18-2023, 02:05 PM)samhain Wrote: So a defense that get to a Super Bowl and an AFC title game is not constructed to win at the NFL level?  

Lou literally wrote the current book on limiting some of the best quarterbacks in the league.  

That’s hilarious. Especially for a defense that hasn’t finished in the top 5 of any category under Lou. I don’t think anybody is copying what they are doing on defense…you’d think that’d be the case if as you say “Lou literally wrote the current book on limiting some of the best quarterbacks in the league”
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So we've moved on to bashing Lou today. Got it. 

Could be Lamar Jackson is just really damn good at football and one of the best athletes in the NFL and made plays yeserday. 

Yes, and the Browns are Super Bowl bound as well. How many yards did this defense give up in 2 games just in the run game?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:36 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: That’s hilarious.   Especially for a defense that hasn’t finished in the top 5 of any category under Lou.  I don’t think anybody is copying what they are doing on defense…you’d think that’d be the case if as you say “Lou literally wrote the current book on limiting some of the best quarterbacks in the league”

They were #1 in Qb Rating last season!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Anarumo has yet to scheme a way to shut
Down 2 of the better running games in the AFC
I think a couple years ago he installed a 4-4 front
Vs the Ravens and it worked as Lamar was very
Limited in that game
Fast foward yesterday Lou had no answer for Lamar
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So we've moved on to bashing Lou today. Got it. 

It is what it is. He's the leader of the D. therefore, he should carry the blame. He's better than what he's shown. I'm sure he will right the ship, but nobody can or should deny we are missing Bell and Bates. What were they thinking?

Not playing starters in the preseason was a big miss and it's shows. I don't like Zac's approach here. Sure you want them to be healthy starting the season, but you can't go 0-2 every year. Now with Joe hurt, do we write-off the season? I don't think so, but our backup QB's are shit and the D is going to have to win games. Right now, they don't look capable.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would rather see Battle in there over Scott.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 07:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It is what it is. He's the leader of the D. therefore, he should carry the blame. He's better than what he's shown. I'm sure he will right the ship, but nobody can or should deny we are missing Bell and Bates. What were they thinking?

Not playing starters in the preseason was a big miss and it's shows. I don't like Zac's approach here. Sure you want them to be healthy starting the season, but you can't go 0-2 every year. Now with Joe hurt, do we write-off the season? I don't think so, but our backup QB's are shit and the D is going to have to win games. Right now, they don't look capable.
Fun fact we did play the defensive starters in the preseason. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 11:49 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: 2 game sample is pretty damn small.

I said it in another thread, the defense was on the field A LOT during the first half of that game yesterday. Not sure if the snap count, but it had to have been 75% of total plays.

They were gassed in that 4th quarter.

They couldn't get off the field and it was all their fault. They seemed to have played better last week first half before getting gassed. The lack of run D the entire game against the Ravens though was disturbing. A simple jet sweep going for 8 yards every pop is unacceptable.
Reply/Quote
Watching the game tonight, it’s obvious the Bengals are pretty far away from the other three defenses in the division as of now. There is a wave coming at the QBs every play. Lamar had time to pluck his eyebrows. Doesn’t even look like the same game.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:38 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Yes, and the Browns are Super Bowl bound as well.   How many yards did this defense give up in 2 games just in the run game?

Enjoy your Browns.

Reply/Quote
In the upcoming offseason the Bengals probably need to blow up the DL and start over - and that means free agents because this is NOT an especially good draft class at either EDGE or DT. At minimum they have to blow the budget on the best pass rushing DT available and no waiting a little for the market to come to them. If for example Chris Jones is able to be gotten do it and don't flinch at the cost.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 11:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: In the upcoming offseason the Bengals probably need to blow up the DL and start over - and that means free agents because this is NOT an especially good draft class at either EDGE or DT. At minimum they have to blow the budget on the best pass rushing DT available and no waiting a little for the market to come to them. If for example Chris Jones is able to be gotten do it and don't flinch at the cost.

They could never afford Jones.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 11:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They could never afford Jones.

Chiefs did for 27 million this year. Start the bidding at 32 and don't flinch.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 11:30 PM)Joelist Wrote: Chiefs did for 27 million this year. Start the bidding at 32 and don't flinch.

Seriously Joe?  We likely cant keep Reader for half that.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 11:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They could never afford Jones.

How so?
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 11:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Enjoy your Browns.

Guess that post went right over your head…that was sarcasm.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 11:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Seriously Joe?  We likely cant keep Reader for half that.

With Burrow taking so much of the cap we cant go out and sign a bunch of top free agents.  If we are going to go so heavy with keeping all these offensive players, Burrow and the rest of the offense need to step up their game. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 12:47 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Guess that post went right over your head…that was sarcasm.

(09-19-2023, 12:50 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Yes and the defense has zero to do with field position for the offense and the amount of touches the offense gets. But yes please enlighten us. The fact that you’re defending two absolutely horrible defensive performances shows what you know about ball. The only reason it was a 3 point game was because of Burrow…and special teams. Don’t tell me the offense made the defense give up long clock eating drives.

All you do is bash here, I would not be surprised if you are a Browns fans trolling.

The offense has been terrible, Im not going to argue ball with a troll that doesnt know it.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 01:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: People told me I was unfounded, when I had a mini-meltdown over allowing both Safeties to walk in free agency.. Mellow
Our safeties are the least of our concerns right now. Online dline look awful.
Reply/Quote
Awuzie does not look 100% yet either

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote