Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defense Issues
We definitely have some great players on our defense in Burfict, Dunlap, and Atkins...but...

-We gave up 5.1 yards per carry on 16 carries to 34 year old Frank Gore.
-Jack Doyle had 12 receptions for 121 yards. When was the last time we could cover a TE?

The middle of our defense looks like a mess. We have enough great players to cover up some of the weaknesses...but this was a weak Colts offense...not a great offense.

Great defenses shut teams like the Colts down. Especially at home.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
They have to play tigher coverage particularly against the tight end. The pass rush can't get their in less than two seconds.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 06:59 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: They have to play tigher coverage particularly against the tight end. The pass rush can't get their in less than two seconds.

Burfict is the only LB we have that can stay with a TE. Rey has proven incapable over the years. And Vigil is slow and not that good yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 07:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burfict is the only LB we have that can stay with a TE. Rey has proven incapable over the years. And Vigil is slow and not that good yet.

I wouldn't say he is slow but I agree on the not that good yet part. He's still learning and hasn't got the reps yet. He got burnt on the one screen play but then the next series they came back to the same play and he stopped it for a loss. He's going to make mistakes but he seems like a player who will learn and get better from them. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 07:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burfict is the only LB we have that can stay with a TE. Rey has proven incapable over the years. And Vigil is slow and not that good yet.

Then run 3 safeties out there. Put shaw, Williams, Iloka, or Smith on the TE. It doesn't have to be a LB. Hell maybe we could put Evans on him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 07:04 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I wouldn't say he is slow but I agree on the not that good yet part. He's still learning and hasn't got the reps yet. He got burnt on the one screen play but then the next series they came back to the same play and he stopped it for a loss. He's going to make mistakes but he seems like a player who will learn and get better from them. 

His combine 40 time was slow for a LB. He's light though...so people tend to assume he's fast.
Reply/Quote
There is way to much soft zone coverage and if there isn’t good immediate pressure you can get picked apart
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 07:10 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Then run 3 safeties out there. Put shaw, Williams, Iloka, or Smith on the TE. It doesn't have to be a LB. Hell maybe we could put Evans on him.

I like those ideas. I'd like to see Evans play more.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 07:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: His combine 40 time was slow for a LB. He's light though...so people tend to assume he's fast.

So was Burficts lol Obvioisly Burficts was more due to being a fat tub at that time but I doubt there's that most of a speed difference between the two. Instincts makes way more of a difference in covering on the short routes than pure speed. 
Reply/Quote
In today's game apart from a couple plays here and there they were playing very flat and uninspired. YAC was off the charts !

Guys were standing around away from the ball, it was a pitiful performance up until the end. They finally started playing the last couple series.

I believe the entire team is very close to checking totally out due to not having a fu$#%ng chance in hell because of the O-line.

Thanks Mike
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 07:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: In today's game apart from a couple plays here and there they were playing very flat and uninspired. YAC was off the charts !

Guys were standing around away from the ball, it was a pitiful performance up until the end. They finally started playing the last couple series.

I believe the entire team is very close to checking totally out due to not having a fu$#%ng chance in hell because of the O-line.

Thanks Mike

Yeah a lot of these guys were on the 5 playoffs in a row teams...and they have to know that this isn't a playoff team.
Reply/Quote
Defensive issues...
1. The offensive can not stop turning the ball over.
2. The offensive can not put together long clock consuming drives.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote