Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defense Rankings going into Week 5
Bengals are ranked #4th ranked defense in total yards.

Ranked #3 in Passing Yards Allowed.

Ranked #17 in Rush Defense Yards Allowed.

Ranked #3 in Scoring Defense.

Bengals defense is playing amazing this year, although not against top offenses (Other than Green Bay).

Anyone else excited for this new young core of defense we have? WJ3, Dennard, Kirk, Lawson, Willis, Glasgow, Billings, Vigil, Shaw, and others.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/rushingYardsPerGame/position/defense
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Typically when teams get a large lead on you they don't pass as much so rankings can be deceptive...but they do look good on paper.

The scoring defense is encouraging.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:40 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Typically when teams get a large lead on you they don't pass as much so rankings can be deceptive...but they do look good on paper.

The scoring defense is encouraging.

The only team that's had a somewhat of a "large lead" against us was the Ravens...

Texans game was a 4 point game, Packers a 3 point game and we blew out the Browns and forced them to pass....

Reply/Quote
Defense has played well this season.the tackling has improved.
TEs arent gouging us like years past
I will say though the defense didn't close the deal on Rogers and Watson when it needed to the most
But I expect the defense to get better week to week
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:49 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Defense has played well this season.the tackling has improved.
I will say though the defense didn't close the deal on Rogers and Watson when it needed to the most

I blame that more on the offense for not taking advantage of the opportunities given to them by the defense.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:51 AM)milksheikh Wrote: I blame that more on the offense for not taking advantage of the opportunities given to them by the defense.

Giving up a 49 yard TD run to Watson wasn't on the offense. Getting beat deep by Allison in OT wasn't on the offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Giving up a 49 yard TD run to Watson wasn't on the offense. Getting beat deep by Allison in OT wasn't on the offense.

Not taking advantage of the opportunities given by the defense earlier in the games was.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:41 AM)milksheikh Wrote: The only team that's had a somewhat of a "large lead" against us was the Ravens...

Texans game was a 4 point game, Packers a 3 point game and we blew out the Browns and forced them to pass....

Heck, the Bengals led the whole Packers game right up till the end....
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals have the best defense in the league right now. I'm not afraid of any teams offense right now. I'm just afraid of what opposing teams can do to our offense, which is our weak point. Specifically the OL, which is holding the running and passing attack back. I wish we would have fired Zampese at the end of last season, and Lazor have the whole offseason to prepare our team. I think we would be 3-1 or even 4-0 right now if they did that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think the Bengals have the best defense in the league right now. I'm not afraid of any teams offense right now. I'm just afraid of what opposing teams can do to our offense, which is our weak point. Specifically the OL, which is holding the running and passing attack back. I wish we would have fired Zampese at the end of last season, and Lazor have the whole offseason to prepare our team. I think we would be 3-1 or even 4-0 right now if they did that.

He still has to find a way to run the ball and who knows if he even has the power to do that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 01:31 PM)McC Wrote: He still has to find a way to run the ball and who knows if he even has the power to do that.

I think a 'west coast' kind of scheme would work for that. Throw short passes to the backs and let them get 4-5 yards. That would work like a carry.

But, to succeed on offense...Lazor is going to need to be very creative.

I love the idea of putting BOTH Bernard and Mixon out there and sending them into pass routes which should isolate them on LB's who they can beat.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:01 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Not taking advantage of the opportunities given by the defense earlier in the games was.

In the GB game, I think the offense played as well as you could reasonably expect given the OC change.  I expect the D to get a stop when all they have to do is keep them out of the end zone to win.
Reply/Quote
They are just going to get better as well with these young guys getting more and more snaps.

These guys will start gaining confidence the more playing time they get.
Reply/Quote
Said they were a top 10 defense. They are playing lights out this year. If the Oline played any better we would already be thinking about playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I'm not worried about our defense at all. Question is can we figure out how to score behind the shower curtain O-line ?
Reply/Quote
this defense is playing amazing despite Pacman sucking ass. i love our front 4. they are all bringing heat. Lawson n Smith were great additions. Vigil looked way better with Burfict by his side. i know we havent played anyone besides Green Bay but im really excited about our D.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:51 AM)milksheikh Wrote: I blame that more on the offense for not taking advantage of the opportunities given to them by the defense.

I blame eifert for not knowing where his feet are suppose to go,
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 01:31 PM)McC Wrote: He still has to find a way to run the ball and who knows if he even has the power to do that.

try giving the ball to hill and gio occansionally too...
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:49 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Defense has played well this season.the tackling has improved.

Just saw a stat that said we had the lowest yards per route run for tes and Eva in the NFL
Reply/Quote
Rbs *
Reply/Quote