Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Defense Rules
(01-16-2023, 02:47 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah the defense really needs to step it up. They almost lost us the game. Allowing 35 rushes for 155 yards. That's pretty terrible when you don't let the offense have the ball. We only have 7 offensive possessions in the game. Very unacceptable that the defense put our offense in that position. They didn't even stop the pass very well either. Allowing a backup QB to post 226 yards, 2 TDs and a 92 rating. Only getting 1 sack too, Yeesh.

It is the NFL.. in the end they gave up 17 but scored 7...what did offense do in 2nd half on 4 times with ball?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:36 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Again wtf are you talking about sound like biden deflecting from reality but more I think about it you are a bit out there..lol

Wait, I think you mean Trump, not Biden. Or do you think there were hundreds of thousands of fake votes no one can find? 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:50 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It is the NFL.. in the end they gave up 17 but scored 7...what did offense do in 2nd half on 4 times with ball?

They have a one dimensional offense, and a backup QB. They shouldn't have let Baltimore do what they did. The offense played fine in the second half against a very good defense. The defense only letting us have 4 possessions in the 2nd half isn't good at all.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:20 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: They have a one dimensional offense, and a backup QB. They shouldn't have let Baltimore do what they did. The offense played fine in the second half against a very good defense. The defense only letting us have 4 possessions in the 2nd half isn't good at all.

Actually that is nit that far fro. from. But we did not do we on offense 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The team just makes plays when they need to. Really uncanny.

It really is. They just keep finding ways to win.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:39 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually that is nit that far fro. from. But we did not do we on offense 

Wut

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:45 AM)Joelist Wrote: I would call the defense opportunistic rather than outright good. An outright good defense doesn't get gashed for 155 rush yards at 4.4 YPC.

The Ravens ran for 155 or more 13 times this year, and 4 times against top 10 defenses.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:47 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah the defense really needs to step it up. They almost lost us the game. Allowing 35 rushes for 155 yards. That's pretty terrible when you don't let the offense have the ball. We only have 7 offensive possessions in the game. Very unacceptable that the defense put our offense in that position. They didn't even stop the pass very well either. Allowing a backup QB to post 226 yards, 2 TDs and a 92 rating. Only getting 1 sack too, Yeesh.

Yeah, I'm with you here.

They were getting gashed by a one-dimensional team for most of the night.  They settled down when it mattered in the 4th, but it was tough sledding for the first 3.  They knew exactly what was coming and couldn't do a lot about it.

To their credit, they won the turnover battle and made plays when it counted.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:55 AM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, I'm with you here.

They were getting gashed by a one-dimensional team for most of the night.  They settled down when it mattered in the 4th, but it was tough sledding for the first 3.  They knew exactly what was coming and couldn't do a lot about it.

To their credit, they won the turnover battle and made plays when it counted.  

The Ravens were the best running team on the road this season (174 ypg), and 2nd best overall. They do that 'one dimension' very well.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:06 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Ravens were the best running team on the road this season (174 ypg), and 2nd best overall. They do that 'one dimension' very well.

I know.  I really just thought our defense would be more of challenge for their run game.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:12 AM)samhain Wrote: I know.  I really just thought our defense would be more of challenge for their run game.  

It’s going to be ugly almost every game! It’s the playoffs

The jags came back from 27
The bills had skyker Thompson take them to the end
The ravens gave bengals all they had.

It was not pretty, but they won. It’s crazy….. the playoffs.

I like the bengals chances next week, even though it’s 50-50
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:36 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Again wtf are you talking about sound like biden deflecting from reality but more I think about it you are a bit out there..lol

What he's saying is, your mancrush, Justin Herbert has been in the NFL for 3 years and he hasn't done jack shit of note other than throw for a bunch of yards. 

The guy you hate is, arguably, the 2nd best QB in the NFL, has 4 playoff wins and a SB appearance under his belt in those same 3 years.

You can talk about defense all night but Herbert's D gave him 4 ints and a total of 5 turnovers but he couldn't bring home a win. 5 to 0 turnover differential. Loss.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Was disappointed the Ravens had so much success with the run. We struggled to get them off the field for 3 quarters. They also almost gave up the hail mary at the end (albeit, it would've been flukey).

But they held the opponent to 17 in a playoff game. They forced an enormous game winning play. They probably played their best football at crunch time in the 4th quarter.

The offence could've move the ball for 3 quarters out there, so I think we have the defence to thank for another playoff win.
Reply/Quote
Offense again did not impress. One TD drive was off of the defensive turnover and the other was the fumble return for a TD. Leaving it up to the offense to drive the field just isn’t happening. For all the rah rah around the team, the defense has made the impact.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Cappa out is the biggest blow to this team. We have seen how the Oline in Sep/Oct needed time to gel. This team can function without Collin (and maybe Williams). But I don't know how this offense can get going with this O-line. Sure Burrow releases faster, but we only have 2/5 OL starters right now and one is a rookie. Burrow is not comfortable at all in the 2nd half. I hope practicing this week can gel the OL and Burrow can be more comfortable.
This off season we have to draft OL. Higgins, Chase, Boyd missed at least a game or more and we can still won because of the OL. I don't mind not having 1 or even 2 of those receivers. Mahomes is okay without Tyreek because he has top 10 OL. Look at what happened to him when he had basically no OL against the Bucs in the SB.
Our defense is clutch in the redzone but not elite like the Ravens or 49ers to carry us all the time. It would take a miracle for this team to get past the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 02:45 AM)Joelist Wrote: I would call the defense opportunistic rather than outright good. An outright good defense doesn't get gashed for 155 rush yards at 4.4 YPC.

True, but the AFC north, namely Baltimore and Cleveland have just matched up better than any other teams. AFC North still play old school, while the rest of the AFC plays high flying. We match up better against high flying.

Let’s not forget- we are 10-1 outside the division this year and haven’t lost outside the division since week 2.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 08:17 AM)Destro Wrote: Offense again did not impress. One TD drive was off of the defensive turnover and the other was the fumble return for a TD. Leaving it up to the offense to drive the field just isn’t happening. For all the rah rah around the team, the defense has made the impact.

Their 2nd half TD was crucial though.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 08:46 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Their 2nd half TD was crucial though.

Yes, you are right, but shouldn’t have had to be. Playoffs, any given Sunday, familiar teams, blah, blah all the talking heads give. Bengals should have beaten the brakes off of the Ravens and talent should mean better than what is showing up. 209 passing and 51 rushing is pitiful output.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:01 AM)Destro Wrote: Yes, you are right, but shouldn’t have had to be. Playoffs, any given Sunday, familiar teams, blah, blah all the talking heads give. Bengals should have beaten the brakes off of the Ravens and talent should mean better than what is showing up. 209 passing and 51 rushing is pitiful output.

It is, but our offense has been putrid against the Ravens in all 3 games. I’m going to chalk it up to their defense more than our offense (injuries to O-line still scary).

Also- Ravens shortened this game by a mile. We have 7 legit offensive
Drives (1 kneel down excluded). Normally there are 10-12 possessions a game for a team. Ravens played their game they wanted and fortunately our defense made the play of the weekend, and we won. None of the other teams in the AFC play this way.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:05 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It is, but our offense has been putrid against the Ravens in all 3 games. I’m going to chalk it up to their defense more than our offense (injuries to O-line still scary).

Also- Ravens shortened this game by a mile. We have 7 legit offensive
Drives (1 kneel down excluded). Normally there are 10-12 possessions a game for a team. Ravens played their game they wanted and fortunately our defense made the play of the weekend, and we won. None of the other teams in the AFC play this way.

The additional Oline losses really are bothersome. They were not elite to begin with not we have guys who couldn’t beat who we had out there. The only way to go forward is to play call to make diminish the impact. I am not confident that that happens. Putting all my chips on the defense. Aside from Apple, I have always liked the defense. ( Play better Dax ). They get a bunch done, including last year, with little love outside only the jungle.
Reply/Quote