Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defense is lacking that killer instinct vs .500.or better teams.
(10-15-2018, 03:43 PM)RASCAL Wrote: Mcc I love ya man and your posts but we are Low on the totem pole for getting off the field on 3rd downs!

Yes.  Worst in one category.  But that is far from being far and away the worst defense in the league.  I know emotional flailing when I see it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 12:08 AM)impactplaya Wrote: um.yeah closing out with defensive stands vs the Dolphins Colts and Falcons is nice.
but all 3 arent playoff teams.
but vs Pittsburgh the defense melted and could not hold its water.
no one on defense stepped up and made a play when the Bengals needed it the most.
if this team wants to be a contender it has to shut down CONTENDERS in crunch time.
what Im seeing on defense is a lack of a true leader when it needs it the most.
yeah MJ and Hubbard stepped up vs a depleted Fins oline.
nothing today.
Willis did nothing. Lawson is continuing to be invisiable after a promising rookie yr.
i just dont see much fire from this defense.
i really see a bunch of hard working "nice" guys.
really wish some of these guys had Adam Jones fire.

How could you stupid bengals lose to the stinkin stoolers AGAIN in front of your fans at YOUR HOUSE.YOU SO SO SUCK.FIRE MARVIN SOMEONE please fire this dude,;its been way too long,let giggles go back to pissburg where he is from. I hate so much losing to those stinkin idiots.This just ruined my whole year.guess what its going to be another long season and aj green is an okay receiver,but not agreat one.he drinks the kool-aid just like all the rest and whats with all the stinkin injuries?? they so need another conditioning coach,this team has more injuries than any team in nfl.no wonder all the nfl pundits hate us,we are just the laughing idiots of nfl.Please mike brown,and marvin lewis,resign or fire yourselfs and this so called AUSTIN DC IS A PICKIN JOKE. THIS defense is going to get killed at the chiefs.Mark it down if they are super lucky it will be a 9 and 7 season and another long long off season just to watch the stoolers kill their asses next season.guess who is going to win the last game of the season//// YOU GUESS IT THE STINKIN STOOLERS AND THEY WILL WIN THE DIVISION.Marvin does not know how to beat their asses and he could care less.this organization will never even smell the super bowl.the closest thing for them is to watch it on tv like the rest of us.But they really do not care,they are making millions and millions and all you stupid fans that go down their and watch this shit are just plain dumb and like to waste your money.I quit going years ago,because I got tired of watching them get their asses beat in front of their own fanbase.Remember,they lost this game,doesn't matter how,they LOST Yawn Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:53 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: How could you stupid bengals lose to the stinkin stoolers AGAIN in front of your fans at YOUR HOUSE.YOU SO SO SUCK.FIRE MARVIN SOMEONE please fire this dude,;its been way too long,let giggles go back to pissburg where he is from. I hate so much losing to those stinkin idiots.This just ruined my whole year.guess what its going to be another long season and aj green is an okay receiver,but not agreat one.he drinks the kool-aid just like all the rest and whats with all the stinkin injuries?? they so need another conditioning coach,this team has more injuries than any team in nfl.no wonder all the nfl pundits hate us,we are just the laughing idiots of nfl.Please mike brown,and marvin lewis,resign or fire yourselfs and this so called AUSTIN DC IS A PICKIN JOKE. THIS defense is going to get killed at the chiefs.Mark it down if they are super lucky it will be a 9 and 7 season and another long long off season just to watch the stoolers kill their asses next season.guess who is going to win the last game of the season//// YOU GUESS IT THE STINKIN STOOLERS AND THEY WILL WIN THE DIVISION.Marvin does not know how to beat their asses and he could care less.this organization will never even smell the super bowl.the closest thing for them is to watch it on tv like the rest of us.But they really do not care,they are making millions and millions and all you stupid fans that go down their and watch this shit are just plain dumb and like to waste your money.I quit going years ago,because I got tired of watching them get their asses beat in front of their own fanbase.Remember,they lost this game,doesn't matter how,they LOST Yawn Hilarious
Good gawd, just jump already! 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are just talking out your ass.

We are not last in third down conversion percentage, the Falcons are.  Nine teams are allowing more points per game.  2 teams are allowing more yards.  11 teams are allowing more yards per play.

!2 teams are allowing more rushing yards per game.  8 teams are allowing more yards per carry.

Opposing QBs have compiled a better passer rating against 13 other teams than the Bengals and four other teams are allowing more passing yards per game.

12 teams have allowed more rushing yards per game and 8 have allowed more rushing yards per attempt.

Our defense is far from good, but this "BY FAR the worst in the league" is just drama queen garbage.
I checked this on NFL.com just a few minutes ago. We are worst by far - a jaw dropping 47%. Atlanta is at 41%. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What mystifies me is this: Why dial up a cover zero defense with Antonio Brown and Juju Smith-Schuster on the field?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: I checked this on NFL.com just a few minutes ago. We are worst by far - a jaw dropping 47%. Atlanta is at 41%. 

So, one stat out of seven or eight makes us the worst by far?  You have a firm handle on hyperbole.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: I checked this on NFL.com just a few minutes ago. We are worst by far - a jaw dropping 47%. Atlanta is at 41%. 

No you didn't.

Here is the link for everyone to see.  http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=DOWN_3RD_PERCENTAGE&tabSeq=2&season=2018&role=OPP&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&qualified=false

Falcons are last at 56%.  Bengals are next at 53%
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:24 PM)McC Wrote: So, one stat out of seven or eight makes us the worst by far?  You have a firm handle on hyperbole.

You can't take these in isolation. We are also very close to the bottom in opponent YPG, PPG and TOP. In fact the ONLY stats where we are at least middle of the pack are sacks and 4th down conversion percentage. And third down percentage is a KEY stat that drives other ones. One reason our YPG and PPG are so bad is our complete inability to get off the field on third down. Ironically we haven't had too many explosive plays on us - the problem is the D can't get off the field and it turns into points. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No you didn't.

Here is the link for everyone to see.  http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=DOWN_3RD_PERCENTAGE&tabSeq=2&season=2018&role=OPP&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&qualified=false

Falcons are last at 56%.  Bengals are next at 53%

My bad - I read the wrong column. It is still horrific. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: You can't take these in isolation. We are also very close to the bottom in opponent YPG, PPG and TOP. In fact the ONLY stats where we are at least middle of the pack are sacks and 4th down conversion percentage. And third down percentage is a KEY stat that drives other ones. One reason our YPG and PPG are so bad is our complete inability to get off the field on third down. Ironically we haven't had too many explosive plays on us - the problem is the D can't get off the field and it turns into points. 

I guess the truth of being one of the worst defenses isn't enough without the silly exaggeration?  You repeatedly said worst by far and that just does not align with the facts.

Reply/Quote
See, I don't think it IS silly exaggeration. I know what I see on the field and I've seen these other defenses too and they didn't leave me feeling like they are incapable of making a play - ours does. I'm fed up with the no pressure when we need there to be, no tackling, stupid coverage errors high schoolers don't even make and so on. And of course their usual crap the bed act in the big game.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:01 PM)Joelist Wrote: See, I don't think it IS silly exaggeration. I know what I see on the field and I've seen these other defenses too and they didn't leave me feeling like they are incapable of making a play - ours does. I'm fed up with the no pressure when we need there to be, no tackling, stupid coverage errors high schoolers don't even make and so on. And of course their usual crap the bed act in the big game.

It is a silly exaggeration.  The defense can't make plays?  Did you forget the Miami game or the Ravens or the Colts?

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:01 PM)Joelist Wrote: See, I don't think it IS silly exaggeration. I know what I see on the field and I've seen these other defenses too and they didn't leave me feeling like they are incapable of making a play - ours does. I'm fed up with the no pressure when we need there to be, no tackling, stupid coverage errors high schoolers don't even make and so on. And of course their usual crap the bed act in the big game.

He is just trolling now.  Ignore him.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 06:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is just trolling now.  Ignore him.

That's right. I should smile and be happy that our defense is so pathetic. 
Reply/Quote
Look, everyone is acknowledging that the DEFENSE SUCKS.
But saying that it is "BY FAR the worst in the league" is hyperbole.
The stats prove it.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 12:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You conveniently left out our win against Baltimore. Guess that game means nothing.

And Miami. Both over 500 and both were games closed out by our Ds lack of killer instinct. But whatever let’s just ignore both those games for the sake of creating a false narrative.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:18 PM)McC Wrote: Nah.  What it's lacking is talent.  We need 2 LB's, another S and the biggest need of all--a NT who cannot be moved.

We had one but everybody hated him for some strange reason. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 12:22 PM)Go Cards Wrote: We had one but everybody hated him for some strange reason. 

He also said "cannot be moved"  Ninja
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:18 PM)McC Wrote: Nah.  What it's lacking is talent.  We need 2 LB's, another S and the biggest need of all--a NT who cannot be moved.

And actually have our starting 11 on the field for any extended period of time would be super, duper nice. I would like to see this D at full strength, with a solid week (or more) of practice together before I start really worrying. I am greatly concerned, but we've been decimated by injuries & suspensions 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Neither Miami nor Atlanta have anything at OL to write home about. Every time our highly paid DL has gone up against a good OL this season they have vanished. If you get the big bucks you need to earn it by making the plays no matter what OL you are facing.
Reply/Quote