Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 5.0 for 2020
Trying to stay with a similar strategy of trading the pick in Rd 2 to gain an additional 3rd rounder. Would have been VERY tempting as Patrick Queen was there at pick #33. I just really wanted the extra pick in the top 75 players.

Round 1 Pick 1: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A)- No shit

Round 2 Pick 6 (CAR): Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson (A+): Got the WR that would be a WR2 with possibility of WR1.

Round 3 Pick 1: Malik Harrison, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (B+): Got the LB that played best on the biggest stage. Can cover, great run stuffer. Natural leader.

Round 3 Pick 5 (CAR): Kyle Dugger, FS/SS, Lenoir-Rhyne (A-): Perhaps the freakiest athlete at Safety in the past decade. Small school stud with Alpha mentality. I want bad ass bullies on my defense.

Round 4 Pick 1: Damien Lewis, OG, LSU (C+): Rated a C+ on this site, but he is one of the better guard prospects in the draft. Described as a forklift playing RG (I thought that was funny). I also like the LSU connection.

Round 5 Pick 1: Javarius Davis, CB, Auburn (C-): Not very tall but amazing instincts and speed to burn. Future slot CB and great depth for any CB position right now.

Round 6 Pick 1: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia (A): Beast of a kicker that is not Fat Randy...but he does look like he should star in the next "Revenge of the Nerds" sequel.

Round 7 Pick 1: Stephen Guidry, WR, Mississippi State (A+): Not much production due to injuries and QB play, but he has all the tools just not much technique in his routes and using his big body to shield defenders. Raw talent with upside.

I really wanted to get a stud DE but they simply weren't there after I got the WR. I feel good about Hubbard, Lawson, and Carlos but I would sure love to see a guy like Clowney in the mix.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've done several mocks recently that has tee falling to round 3. I say if there's a really good defender at any spot in the top 3 or 4 picks you have to really think about taking him. The offensive playmakers in this draft are pretty deep . Unless theres a run on WRs and theres a guy you covet I think you need to take D if your tge Bengals right now.

But I do like your draft!
Reply/Quote
First 4 rounds would have me doing back flips!
The only negative, if you want to call it that, we would be wasting a pick on a kicker. Blankenship isn't any better that Bullock IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 12:12 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I've done several mocks recently that has tee falling to round 3. I say if there's a really good defender at any spot in the top 3 or 4 picks you have to really think about taking him. The offensive playmakers in this draft are pretty deep . Unless theres a run on WRs and theres a guy you covet I think you need to take D if your tge Bengals right now.

But I do like your draft!

Dude lacks the speed as some of these other WRs, but he's a legit playmaker.
I think he can fall into the 2nd round (even mid-to-late), but only because of how stacked this draft class is.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Love this Mock SHRacer. Love the first five picks. Well done. Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love this Mock SHRacer. Love the first five picks. Well done. Cool

Thanks, man.  I was really happy with the way things fell.  It was REALLY tough to leave Patrick Queen on the board at #33 and take the trade back, but we got the WR AND an amazing playmaker at the SS position.  Without that player, our defense still lacks a playmaker in the middle of it all.  I always remember how our defense suddenly looked when we had Crocker and Roy Williams together and they were a perennial playoff team (and defense) with the instinctual Reggie Nelson back there.  Since then, we haven't really had a really good safety.  Bates regressed a bit under the new regime, but appeared to find his game again more toward the end of the season.  Bates is a solid FS, but they need a playmaker at SS.  This kid would be fantastic.  I bet he ends up getting overdrafted if for no other reason than his ridiculous athleticism.  
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Thanks, man.  I was really happy with the way things fell.  It was REALLY tough to leave Patrick Queen on the board at #33 and take the trade back, but we got the WR AND an amazing playmaker at the SS position.  Without that player, our defense still lacks a playmaker in the middle of it all.  I always remember how our defense suddenly looked when we had Crocker and Roy Williams together and they were a perennial playoff team (and defense) with the instinctual Reggie Nelson back there.  Since then, we haven't really had a really good safety.  Bates regressed a bit under the new regime, but appeared to find his game again more toward the end of the season.  Bates is a solid FS, but they need a playmaker at SS.  This kid would be fantastic.  I bet he ends up getting overdrafted if for no other reason than his ridiculous athleticism.  

Dugger is a player and I think you got the better LB out of Queen and Harrison anyways.

Not a Queen fan, yet. 

This is a great Mock from what I am seeing.
Reply/Quote