Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Defense will have to Carry us to the SB again.
I fully anticipate the Offense to regress going into the postseason. We're going to need some sweet Lou magic to make the SB again; probably even more than last year since they have Allen then Mahones back to back.

Offesne has had too many periods when it's been pure ass throughout the last 4 games. Defense had to bail them out a bit today.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 08:47 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I fully anticipate the Offense to regress going into the postseason. We're going to need some sweet Lou magic to make the SB again; probably even more than last year since they have Allen then Mahones back to back.

Offesne has had too many periods when it's been pure ass throughout the last 4 games. Defense had to bail them out a bit today.

No way! I think the offense is going to shine when the playoff lights come on!  
Have faith!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 08:54 PM)bengalfan47 Wrote: No way! I think the offense is going to shine when the playoff lights come on!  
Have faith!

I hope you're right.

The Collins and Cappa injury + how they've been inconsistent with both in is kind of SUS. Baltimore's defense will be the toughest they face in their run though, for what it's worth.
Reply/Quote
Well, Adeniji is proving he’s a competent pass blocker thus far

Scharping is 100% better than Adeniji was at RG

And Karras is better than Trey Hopkins was. Cincy will be fine. Hopefully Cappa comes back for buffalo
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 08:57 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I hope you're right.

The Collins and Cappa injury + how they've been inconsistent with both in is kind of SUS. Baltimore's defense will be the toughest they face in their run though, for what it's worth.

Remember all the backup OL on his team were starters last year or most of them. A world of experience they have and a year to practice and get better all because we haven't seen them play much this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 08:47 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I fully anticipate the Offense to regress going into the postseason. We're going to need some sweet Lou magic to make the SB again; probably even more than last year since they have Allen then Mahones back to back.

W/O Collins they were looking unstoppable against the Bills. You probably can’t probably expect that offense but I think they felt like with the Ravens third string QB they would be conservative. The Ravens have been giving up 12 points a game their last 8. They didn’t sit any of those guys.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Right now the issue is that Zac and Lou don’t know how to manage a game with any sizable lead. The lack of a run game is very troubling when you have a QB, three really good WRs and a good TE. Time and time again they’ve proven they can’t manage the clock with the run game. Run blocking isn’t opening any holes and Mixon dances too much and has horrible vision. Not to mention as the game goes on Zac has a tendency to call more and more drive killing boneheaded plays. The screen today at 4th and inches was just atrocious.
Reply/Quote
If the defense didn't absolutely dominate in terms of turn overs today and score a TD I really doubt we would have won.
The biggest issue with the offense is the disdain they have for running regardless of down, distance or situation. As long as they do that I do think the defense will have to have really good games or we will blow a 17 point in the second half by pass, pass, pass, punting 50 seconds off the clock and keeping our defense on the field. It makes no sense.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:12 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Right now the issue is that Zac and Lou don’t know how to manage a game with any sizable lead. The lack of a run game is very troubling when you have a QB, three really good WRs and a good TE. Time and time again they’ve proven they can’t manage the clock with the run game. Run blocking isn’t opening any holes and Mixon dances too much and has horrible vision. Not to mention as the game goes on Zac has a tendency to call more and more drive killing boneheaded plays. The screen today at 4th and inches was just atrocious.

LMAO The Bengals came out humming versus the Bills. They’ve won 8 straight. They are 12-2 since starting 0-2. Baltimore third in rushing defense. They just became the first Bengal team in history to win the AFC North back to back. Tough ass crowd. They beat the spread. They didn’t play well. Joe was off. Both Nate Burledon and Bill Cowher said they were the hottest AFC team. Guess some of you need to check the help wanted list on CBS.com
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Today, the Bengals played like they were still in a bit of shock from Monday's game, going by the listless offense performance in the second half. Next week, they need a more complete game from start to finish, from the offense. From the other games today, it pleases me that Pittsburgh missed out when Miami won. In the NFC, I was hoping Detroit would make it but it's Seattle
Reply/Quote
Of all the AFC playoff teams, the Ravens is the toughest defense they'll face aside from the Chargers. Joe, Higgins and Chase are having an off day. We have seen it from the Pats and Ravens games that this team can barely hold a lead in the 2nd half. When it happens we have to rely on the defense. I don't why but they somehow play better in the 2nd half being down vs the Bucs and Steelers. The only game I remember them playing for a full game was against the Chiefs. It's playoff time now so I hope coaches can figure it out.
Reply/Quote
Given the new developments of players not knowing who their opponent this week would be until later in the week....maybe today gets a pass.
Reply/Quote
A stout defense is always essential in the playoffs — even with a good offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The thing that has me hopeful is that I would bet Burrow doesn’t play that badly again.
Zacs has to work on his play calling but I am hoping they will be OK.
They proved they could do it last year.
Reply/Quote
I am glad we got the win without Zac tipping his hand for the next game.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I think today assured this is Lou's last game as our DC.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Full speed ahead. Best team in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:03 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: The thing that has me hopeful is that I would bet Burrow doesn’t play that badly again.
Zacs has to work on his play calling but I am hoping they will be OK.
They proved they could do it last year.

Yeah the play calling honestly worries me more than Burrow. He’ll adjust. Hoping Zac does too.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think today assured this is Lou's last game as our DC.

I’m pretty sure he’ll be our DC next week. ;)

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think today assured this is Lou's last game as our DC.

Except for the playoffs, Yes indeed.
Reply/Quote