Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross active but healthy Boyd is not
(11-14-2017, 04:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Things sure are shaping up to be an all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl, aren't they?

Pretty much, we all know Pig Pen is retiring so.......
Reply/Quote
Pat5775 Wrote:So true. This Ross drama, now this with Boyd. The RB rotation, stubbornly sticking with the current Oline... It almost seems like he's trying to fail. Maybe he's quit. It would make more sense than half the stuff he's been doing this season. 

...and meanwhile...I'm not going to come right out and say it, but I can't help but think it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 02:19 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Wtf is going on with Boyd? Starting to think he's on his way out... Trade in the offseason?

he might have court stuff to do for the incident with the car and drugs and booze but no driver (car was in his name)
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 04:39 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm still convinced this team IS trying to fail and the entire league has set it up so that certain teams will succeed no matter how poorly they play and certain teams will fail no matter how much talent they have or if they have the best coaching staffs. It circles around gambling and payoffs.. We'll get the occasional win and get the occasional big play, but the bottom line is that the league makes the lions share of its money from just a handful of teams. 
I don't think we'll ever see a season when the only teams in the playoffs are teams with smaller fan bases and who have been in the loss column for more than 10 years. They're in the loss columns for 1 reason and it has little to nothing to do with the level of talent and coaching and everything to do with revenue. It's a privately owned and operated entertainment business so the only thing we as fans can do to change it is to simply quit buying the product they have to sell. As long as we keep buying their bullshit they'll keep feeding bulls laxatives. 

I have to agree with you here,I've been saying this for years . But I still try tok get into it like everything is fair if I'm going to watch the NFL.  But it never fails that something comes up that looks rigged. While we were getting bad calls,the refs was helping Pitt back in their game,bad calls and bad spots . I called Pitt to the Superbowl in the off-season when Rooney died and big Ben talking retijrement,I thought we'd atleast get a playoff win for our 50th .But nope we can't even have that. But when they suspended Vontaze early over something ridiculous you just knew the NFL was rigging. And I've been saying Pitt vs Philly since I  seen Philly was dominant. But big Ben will defeat the younger qb and have his fairy tale ending.
Reply/Quote
Yeah...it couldn't be that some teams are actually well managed and coached and the Bengals are just epically poorly managed and coached could it? Must be a conspiracy.

Seriously most of the league has won 5 playoff games since we last won 1. We're the extreme outlier.

It's not like the same 3 teams are the only ones that ever experience success.

The Bengals, Lions, and Browns are just poorly managed at an extreme level.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 12:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...it couldn't be that some teams are actually well managed and coached and the Bengals are just epically poorly managed and coached could it? Must be a conspiracy.

Seriously most of the league has won 5 playoff games since we last won 1. We're the extreme outlier.

It's not like the same 3 teams are the only ones that ever experience success.

The Bengals, Lions, and Browns are just poorly managed at an extreme level.

Geez, didn't it ever occur to you that Mike Brown wanted to step down as GM when it was clear he was awful at it but the NFL said "Oh, no...we aren't taking the risk that the Steelers have to deal with the Bengals being good!  You are GM for life, and if you ever try to step down OR if you ever start making good decisions we are going to make you pay!"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote