Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Defensive Changes you would like to see?
(09-17-2019, 10:21 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Dre is a Marvin guy. Enough said.

Yep.  Just like Geno Atkins and AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:42 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Our defense front got absolutely manhandled by a team that went 4-12 last year.  I don't care if we had Keuchley, Bobby Wagner, and Burfict in his prime in there.  The line was absolutely bullied.  I am completely puzzled what happened in one week. 

Brown was two steps behind and gets beat two the edge every time. It's simple the guy can't do his job on a consistent basis. If we had an even a B + LB Core our Defense would be light years ahead of where it is now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Cut Dre Kirkpatrick.He’s a penalty machine who can’t cover and can’t tackle.He’s a liability to the defense.Bring in Phillips.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 11:18 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Virgil is too slow and not powerful enough and would have NEVER been drafted by any other team,and Preston Brown is too slow,Our linebackers are awlful and should have been addressed in the draft more.Dre number 27 is awlful bw webb is awlful and this team is going no where but playing to get a top first round in 2020.Just a horrible backfield,number 36 gets beat all the  time and I have no faith they will win in buffalo.going to get smoked again. I see them losing the next 2 games for sure.Mark it down. :paul: :paul: :paul:

Is that your stone cold lock of the century...of the week?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Would love to see Phillips , Pratt and Finley our there soon. Vigil will get extended for another 5 years n Brown is still garbage.
Reply/Quote
Ummm..Pro football players instead of pro chutes and ladders or pro candyland players? Or maybe just trade for pro candyland players, give up on football altogether and become pro candyland fans!  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Cant get over the poor tackling. The LB's are slugs. Pratt needs to go in, and Dre drives me nuts. Shawn Williams was supposed to be good against the run, but he tackles like his arms are taped to his sides.

Marvin started his 1st season 1-4. They made it all the way to 8-6. I just want to see something to build hope off of.
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 11:18 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote:  I see them losing the next 2 games for sure.Mark it down. :paul: :paul: :paul:

Quick, someone from the first Bengals forum remind me: does the 'mark it down' curse apply to outside the Smack forum? Please tell me it does. If true, this guarantees we are NOT losing the next 2 games.  :andy:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 11:33 AM)BengalsGenius Wrote: Cant get over the poor tackling. The LB's are slugs. Pratt needs to go in, and Dre drives me nuts. Shawn Williams was supposed to be good against the run, but he tackles like his arms are taped to his sides.

Marvin started his 1st season 1-4. They made it all the way to 8-6. I just want to see something to build hope off of.

Could Pratt be any worse than Brown and Vigil? I doubt it. Plus, he's faster.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 12:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Could Pratt be any worse than Brown and Vigil? I doubt it. 

Says the guy who mocks people for claiming no coach could be worse than Marvin.
Reply/Quote
Dre, Vigil and Brown would all be gone.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 02:14 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Cut Dre Kirkpatrick. Can’t cover and watching him try to tackle anyone is embarrassing for the franchise.
This. ????
Get a good linebacker (leader on defense).
Zimmer back
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 08:42 AM)Takedown Wrote: Dre is space bound every time he gets stiff armed and he celebrates a tackle after the opponent gains 50+ yards. He's a joke.

Philips needs more playing time, Dennard needs to get back, throw Pratt in there more, more safety blitzes, more Lawson off the edge and that's about it. We need better LB's. I'm not sure if it was the players on defense or if we got out schemed. Whatever it was, it didn't work. The Seattle game and the SanFran game stand apart so much it's crazy. I knew SanFran would probably win going in to be honest, but not like that. Not like that at all...….

Agree with all of this Takedown. No excuse for Preston giving half effort on the one TD either. Those Defensive
breakdowns need to stop. That was sad shit. This game was baffling after week one. Don't know what to think of 
it. Looked like two completely different teams, curious to see how they respond after that embarrassing showing.

Pratt definitely needs to get more playing time, that is all I know.

(09-17-2019, 01:42 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Our defense front got absolutely manhandled by a team that went 4-12 last year.  I don't care if we had Keuchley, Bobby Wagner, and Burfict in his prime in there.  The line was absolutely bullied.  I am completely puzzled what happened in one week. 

Niners must have a damn good O-line is the only way i can understand it...

Still, this D-line should give any O-line trouble.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 12:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Quick, someone from the first Bengals forum remind me: does the 'mark it down' curse apply to outside the Smack forum? Please tell me it does. If true, this guarantees we are NOT losing the next 2 games.  :andy:

No. It only works in Smack. Sad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Wake me up when Vigil makes a meaningful play
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 12:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Quick, someone from the first Bengals forum remind me: does the 'mark it down' curse apply to outside the Smack forum? Please tell me it does. If true, this guarantees we are NOT losing the next 2 games.  :andy:

If they were to pull out a victory at the Bills,I believe it would be divine intervention and just a miracle as well.I am always hopeful,however this team needs a lot of better players.I want them to win more than anyone on here as I have been with them for fifty years and have seen everything.Our head coach is going to be a man that will take us to the dance down the road,but his teachings are following on players that simply cannot get it done,the nfl is brutal and a lot of teams get much better .The Bills are an up and coming contender and playing at home with their opener,that is a massive challenge for any team.I believe they are probably a playoff team barring injuries.We have so many injuries each and every week.Someone on here give me hope.I know I wear my feeling and my heart on my shoulder and sometimes I go nuts on here with being negative,but I am not seeing much improvement.I am looking for some positive feedback from all you brothers and sisters.I am always thinking WHO-DEY !!! :andy:
Reply/Quote
If we're only going to carry 4 LB's they all need to be starter potential on good NFL teams, none of them are including the ones currently starting. Also for the love of god just tackle somebody on the first contact.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 02:13 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: For Me
1.) Pratt over Brown- it's time to see if Pratt can play or not. Having him on the Sideline isn't helping  us now or in the future. If he sucks so be it and if he is good one less position to worry about it. Let's give the guy the opportunity to prove himself.
2.) Andrew Brown- he has been inactive for the past two weeks but why? We need more athlectism on the line especially when Geno is out.
3.) Darius Phillips- he is better than Webb.

Totally agree with all you said,well done Jakeypoo
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 11:33 AM)BengalsGenius Wrote: Cant get over the poor tackling. The LB's are slugs. Pratt needs to go in, and Dre drives me nuts. Shawn Williams was supposed to be good against the run, but he tackles like his arms are taped to his sides.

Shawn Williams at one time with a big time hitter and made a lot of plays,I sent my draft picks in when he got drafted and I pulled hard for him.I was glad they got him,however lately he is getting beat big time and tries to tackle with his arms up high,and they just knock him away and run for another 20 yards,AGAIN,I still feel as if a lot of our players are not good enough for whatever reason you want to write down on here,but I see no one that is a dominate stud on either side of our lines,and yes we have great receivers,but Dalton cannot get them the ball consistently,yes he does at times ,but he overthrows them or is terrible with his accuracy.enough said,and yes I so want them to win sunday,but that is going to be a massive challenge. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote