Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defensive Coverage
whatever we were in coverage wise didn't work, I find it hard to believe Shorty Smith is still that elite of a WR, if so we are in trouble when we face some top 10 WRs in the league.

Im sure Pauly G will get it figured out......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 02:19 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Which is why his stat line was so sweet in the first half?

Right.

I don't care what his first half stats were. I bet that was one of the best games of his career ( maybe not?). The dude ridiculously balled and I'm sorry you didn't see it. It's hard for me to comprehend first half stats when I see so many catches so many tds.
Reply/Quote
It helped that he got away with flagrant OPI on his second TD catch too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 10:39 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Disagree. Smith obliterated every DB man or zone whenever he was targeted.

How can you say this after you have admitted that you don't even know what happened in the first half?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 09:35 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I don't care what his first half stats were. I bet that was one of the best games of his career ( maybe not?). The dude ridiculously balled and I'm sorry you didn't see it. It's hard for me to comprehend first half stats when I see so many catches so many tds.

I'm telling the story of the game and you're reading the last page.

Whose gonna have a more accurate understanding of how the ending came about?

His final stat line was impressive. How he got there wasn't. It's not my problem you can't see the trees in the forest.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 09:35 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I don't care what his first half stats were. I bet that was one of the best games of his career ( maybe not?). The dude ridiculously balled and I'm sorry you didn't see it. It's hard for me to comprehend first half stats when I see so many catches so many tds.

Essentially an admission of being a troll
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:55 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: For most of the game I was caught up in the moment, and didn't really notice how we were defending.  Not to mention I had to step out for a while and caught the game on the radio.  Anyways, I know Steve Smith is good, especially after the catch, but was he really THAT good yesterday or did the Bengals not choose to double cover him and not give him a free release so that his after the catch running actually come into play.  

If they double covered him and he still had 186 yards and 2 TDs, then a (Reluctant) hats off to him.  Otherwise, if they played him man to man, they really ought to change this and figure out a way to double cover him all the time, considering he's pretty much the Ravens' only weapon, when they play next time at PBS.  Some safety coverage over the top, some gunner like coverage the way the Saints played Calvin Johnson last year or before, etc., would probably cause Flacco to hold onto the ball and take sacks or throw it to one of their less heralded receivers who don't have the same ability to run after the catch.  

Just a thought!

For the most part it was just bad tackling that concerned me in the Secondary. But SSS is probably the most
deceivingly strong little WR in the league. I think if we had a healthy George Iloka out there it would of helped
and like you said maybe double covered him from time to time if we need it.

Also, SSS got away with atleast one obvious OPI too. I think next time around he will not have near the stats
he had in this one. He is a damn fine player with a big damn heart, but as Dre gains experience and Iloka gets
healthy and the Secondary tackles better we should sweep these guys and do it more dominant next time.
Reply/Quote