Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defensive Scheme going forward...
(11-12-2018, 04:27 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He runs a 4-3 with a ton of 3-4 principals. Came from Pittsburgh where they ran a bunch of zone blitz. The Sam Backer position is very similar to a 3-4 outside LB in his scheme as well. 

Nice! Thanks for clarifying. I like the sound of that although we probably dont have the roster to run a lot of the stuff he did back then. Any blitz sounds good though lol. I honestly hope he does well either way. Marvin was a great DC in his time, and I'd like to see him get this team back on track this season. We can still win some games if our D would play better.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 03:57 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Football was much better back then for sure.

Agree 100% smash mouth old school football. Could actually hit guys back then including the quarterback. I remember they glorified hits were guys got their heads taken off by safeties like John Lynch and Bryan Dawkins. That Tampa defense was nasty, had fullbacks like Mike Alstott running the ball.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 04:36 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agree 100% smash mouth old school football. Could actually hit guys back then including the quarterback. I remember they glorified hits were guys got their heads taken off by safeties like John Lynch and Bryan Dawkins. That Tampa defense was nasty, had fullbacks like Mike Alstott running the ball.

Those were the days, big time. I really miss that brand of football and those type of players!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 04:36 PM)lone bengal Wrote: ... had fullbacks like Mike "You're in good hands with"  Alstott running the ball.

FIXED!   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is what I would do.  I'd get aggressive in man, run a shit ton of stunts up front, and blitz more.  Sure, you're gonna get burnt some, but damn.....is it really any different than watching offenses march up and down the field at will?  If talent is the issue, then you gotta get creative and aggressive.

This is what I have been saying all season! What difference does it make if the offense strikes on 1 play or 8?? I just haven't gotten the rational of letting WRs run free, open enough anyone could be the QB and complete it.
Reply/Quote
I think you could get the players all pumped up and tell them to just go play whatever they want and they'd get better results than Austin's anti-defense system. It looked like we got out of the way more than anything under him. He's an OC's dream. I think Marv is going to fix this. He seems very confident that the defense can and will get back on track.
Reply/Quote