Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defensive snaps played Sea v SF
Looking at the difference between who played on defense against the Seahawks and Forty-niners it is interesting to note that Fejedelem played 25% of the defensive snaps against the Seahawks and 0 against the Niners. It only took 13 snaps to amount to 25% against Seattle, but I wonder why he got zero against the Niners. I don't think it was an injury issue because he still played on all the ST (26 snaps). Webb also saw a major reduction in snaps from week one (86%) to week 2 (44%).

On the other hand neither Brandon Wilson nor Darius Phillips played a single snap in the opener, but they saw some limited action (10 snaps) against the Niners. That could just be the result of the defense having to play so many more snaps against SF (72) than they did against Seattle (51).

On the line Josh Tupou only played 10 snaps (20%) against Seattle, but 36 (50%) against SF. Glasgow also saw a significant increase from 22 snaps (43%) in the opener to 46 (64%) Sunday. And Billings increased from 19 (37%) against the Seahawks to 40 (56%) against SF.
Reply/Quote
Fejalam in pass coverage is rather stiff.
He simply doesn't have the range to be a effective
Safety . About all he's done is been in the right spot for
Fumble recovery RD vs the Colts
He's a good ST guy. That's about it
Next year this team needs a real big time playmaker
In the secondary at safety
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 01:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Looking at the difference between who played on defense against the Seahawks and Forty-niners it is interesting to note that Fejedelem played 25% of the defensive snaps against the Seahawks and 0 against the Niners.  It only took 13 snaps to amount to 25% against Seattle, but I wonder why he got zero against the Niners.  I don't think it was an injury issue because he still played on all the ST (26 snaps).  Webb also saw a major reduction in snaps from week one (86%) to week 2 (44%).

On the other hand neither Brandon Wilson nor Darius Phillips played a single snap in the opener, but they saw some limited action (10 snaps) against the Niners.  That could just be the result of the defense having to play so many more snaps against SF (72) than they did against Seattle (51).

On the line Josh Tupou only played 10 snaps (20%) against Seattle, but 36 (50%) against SF.  Glasgow also saw a significant increase from 22 snaps (43%) in the opener to 46 (64%) Sunday.  And Billings increased from 19 (37%) against the Seahawks to 40 (56%) against SF.
and they still couldn't stop the run...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 01:24 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Fejalam in pass coverage is rather stiff.
He simply doesn't have the range to be a effective
Safety . About all he's done is been in the right spot for
Fumble recovery RD vs the Colts
He's a good ST guy. That's about it
Next year this team needs a real big time playmaker
In the secondary at safety

Fej graded out VERY high as a safety by PFF last year. They had him as their #1 safety at the start of the year.

He's not great in the passing game though.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 01:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Looking at the difference between who played on defense against the Seahawks and Forty-niners it is interesting to note that Fejedelem played 25% of the defensive snaps against the Seahawks and 0 against the Niners.  It only took 13 snaps to amount to 25% against Seattle, but I wonder why he got zero against the Niners.  I don't think it was an injury issue because he still played on all the ST (26 snaps).  Webb also saw a major reduction in snaps from week one (86%) to week 2 (44%).

On the other hand neither Brandon Wilson nor Darius Phillips played a single snap in the opener, but they saw some limited action (10 snaps) against the Niners.  That could just be the result of the defense having to play so many more snaps against SF (72) than they did against Seattle (51).

On the line Josh Tupou only played 10 snaps (20%) against Seattle, but 36 (50%) against SF.  Glasgow also saw a significant increase from 22 snaps (43%) in the opener to 46 (64%) Sunday.  And Billings increased from 19 (37%) against the Seahawks to 40 (56%) against SF.

Fejedelem was dealing with an aggravation of his injured ankle.  Webb injured his arm (was in a cast after the game)

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I wonder how much of that was garbage time versus the first half though?
Reply/Quote

None of that explains just how badly the starters got blown out, blown up and tossed around like school girls.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote