Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defensive strategy vs the KC Chiefs
(01-28-2023, 12:05 PM)Mer Wrote: If they find some success running off tackle, we may see more of Cam Sample like we did against Baltimore. Great move by Lou.

Good point
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 12:10 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I think Hilton is X factor on getting Mahomes to show his cards early on health of ankle...however we all know Chiefs will be expecting that so who else can be an effective blitzer that we can disguise and keep them guessing? My 1st thought was Dax or even CBT. 

I like all those ideas. I was thinking more of dropping Sam and Trey into the flats and sending ADG and Hilton off the edges.  Or putting Oassi and Trey on the wide side and pining their ears back going after Mahomes.   Lou will have something.  We will need to be aware of McKinnon sneaking out into the flats for a screen and check-downs.  Reid is going to use McKinnon more to block for Mahomes. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 05:20 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: IMO the whole key to the Bengals defense is to tackle good. I'm tired of seeing runners or receivers get extra yardage due to poor tackling. I'm pleased most of the time.

Sometimes it appears as though they forget to tackle as they try to punch the ball out.
Reply/Quote