Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Defiant Oath Keepers founder:18yrs in prison for seditious conspiracy
Oath Keeper founder and convicted traitor Steward Rhodes is sentenced to 18 years in federal prison for SEDITIOUS CONSPIRACY and for his role in the deadly attack that killed and maimed police officers at our Capitol on January 6th in an attempt to overthrow the US Constitution.  

https://www.reuters.com/legal/oath-keepers-founder-faces-sentencing-sedition-us-capitol-attack-2023-05-25/
Reply/Quote
Good. Rock On
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
I can't believe he got canceled by our justice system.
Reply/Quote
I never really looked into this guy, but I have to admit to my narrow mind the fact that a guy who shot out his own eye like he was Ralphie from a Christmas story on steroids graduated from Yale genuinely shocks me.  I know multiple people who have shot and/or shot off their own appendages and none of them made it out of high school.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 04:59 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I can't believe he got canceled by our justice system.

The leaders and those who were the brains behind the deadly January 6th failed Coup attempt to overthrow our democracy, need to be dragged out into the street and executed for the traitors they are.  18 years in the federal pen is a slap on the wrist for attacking our constitution.  Just imaging what would have happened to these traitors in another country.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 05:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I never really looked into this guy, but I have to admit to my narrow mind the fact that a guy who shot out his own eye like he was Ralphie from a Christmas story on steroids graduated from Yale genuinely shocks me.  I know multiple people who have shot and/or shot off their own appendages and none of them made it out of high school.

Book smarts don't equate to common sense.
Reply/Quote
18 years is all you get for attempting to overthrow the government? Gee, maybe Bush was right about the "kinder, gentler America"?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 08:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 18 years is all you get for attempting to overthrow the government? Gee, maybe Bush was right about the "kinder, gentler America"?

That's democracy for you. Autocrats like Putin or Xi would definitely have them sentenced to life in prison doing hard labor or to death. Maybe if they had come closer to succeeding.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Not long enough. I see we have some pro-death penalty liberals here, so that’s cool.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 08:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's democracy for you. Autocrats like Putin or Xi would definitely have them sentenced to life in prison doing hard labor or to death. Maybe if they had come closer to succeeding.
Putin, Kim Jong-Un, and Xi would have sent their families to hard labor prison camps for 18-yrs for not reporting them sooner.  The actual insurrectionists would have been slowly tortured, then had their brains blown out, with their bodies placed into the local dump for rats to feed upon. 

These guys are getting a slap on the wrist. 
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 09:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not long enough.  I see we have some pro-death penalty liberals here, so that’s cool.

I beg your pardon, sir.  Hard-working pro-union DEMOCRATS, not liberals and certainly never woke or whatever that means. 
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 08:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's democracy for you. Autocrats like Putin or Xi would definitely have them sentenced to life in prison doing hard labor or to death. Maybe if they had come closer to succeeding.
Putin would have had him "commit suicide" by having him shoved out a window

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 09:08 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Putin, Kim Jong-Un, and Xi would have sent their families to hard labor prison camps for 18-yrs for not reporting them sooner.  The actual insurrectionists would have been slowly tortured, then had their brains blown out, with their bodies placed into the local dump for rats to feed upon. 

These guys are getting a slap on the wrist. 

Marjorie and her crew will go to his cell to pose for photos after making sure he's being treated kindly.  There might even be a congressional conjugal visit in it for him depending on her mood.
Reply/Quote
the deadly January 6th failed Coup attempt to overthrow our democracy
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 09:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not long enough.  I see we have some pro-death penalty liberals here, so that’s cool.

18 years of prison food should kill this guy, anyways. 
Reply/Quote
Quite the sentence for such "taking a tour".  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2023, 09:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: Quite the sentence for such "taking a tour".  Ninja

I kept editing my post to workshop something like this, but I was tired and pissed off because of some things that had happened during the day so I just wasn't amused enough with my statements. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 10:38 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: the deadly January 6th failed Coup attempt to overthrow our democracy

Not sure this is over.

The guy who led the coup could be our next president. 

That's still the main threat--millions who believe the lie, or don't care, and just want an autocratic leader.

Until he is back in power, the party's job now is

to create "whistleblower" distractions, gum up investigations, harass the FBI, use control of Congress to protect him.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2023, 10:15 AM)Dill Wrote: Not sure this is over.

The guy who led the coup could be our next president. 

That's still the main threat--millions who believe the lie, or don't care, an just want an autocratic leader.

Until he is back in power, the party's job now is

to create "whistleblower" distractions, gum up investigations, harass the FBI, use control of Congress to protect him.

That's what is wacky about it.  I'm not the most educated on this board when it comes to history or the government, but it seems to me like this whole electoral college and "you can get fewer votes and still win" thing is defended as being a means for the minority to still have a say and maintain a democracy.  Well, that minority wants us to NOT have a democracy now, so....help?

Or is this just the way it goes?  I can't imagine the founding fathers wanted a system where 3 out of 10 Americans wanting authoritarianism would have to be so frighteningly enforceable.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2023, 12:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's what is wacky about it.  I'm not the most educated on this board when it comes to history or the government, but it seems to me like this whole electoral college and "you can get fewer votes and still win" thing is defended as being a means for the minority to still have a say and maintain a democracy.  Well, that minority wants us to NOT have a democracy now, so....help?

Or is this just the way it goes?  I can't imagine the founding fathers wanted a system where 3 out of 10 Americans wanting authoritarianism would have to be so frighteningly enforceable.

Our founding fathers made a deal to count black people as 3/5 of a person so they weren't always caring about much but about about doing whatever they could to keep the country "together".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote