Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defining Moment
Last season we were 4-1 and feeling pretty good about the season, had some comebacks and the defense despite some troubles had stepped up in the clutch.

Then we scored a TD with a little over a minute to go taking the lead 21-20 over the Steelers and just needed one more stand to go 5-1. The Steelers again jerked the rug out from under the Bengals and took all the air outta that team winning the game 28-21. The Bengals never recovered !

The Bengals are 1-10 including playoffs vs. Pittsburgh in the last 5 seasons, the last win was at Pittsburgh Nov. 1st 2015 The Steelers have swept the Bengals 3 seasons in a row coming into MNF.

In the ML era the Bengals were 8-26 vs. the Steelers including playoffs. The Steelers swept us 9 out of 16 seasons, we swept them once - 09. We were 2-16 at home vs. Steelers

You could go on and on with how much the Steelers have owned this team over the last 16 seasons !

I hear people saying it's not really a rivalry now with players gone and out, New Dey, new coaches here and so on.

IT MATTERS If the Bengals take yet another loss to a very beatable Steelers team you can write finis on this season. I'm not trying to say we're about to kick off a Super Bowl run, however. I feel this season despite being 0-3 is still somewhat salvageable. 9-7 or 8-8 is still doable IMHO and perhaps with a little luck ? who knows what turn of events lies ahead in the AFC ?

We need to cast the Pittsburgh monkey off our backs and we need, in a bad way, to do it now. It's a defining moment in this New Dey era.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes - We have to be able to beat the Steelers Monday.

They have a bottom 5 rush offense, Bottom 5 pass and bottom 5 rush defense. Plus, they're 0-3.

Interestingly, 2 teams that have beat them have beat us.

We should win this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 10:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes - We have to be able to beat the Steelers Monday.

They have a bottom 5 rush offense, Bottom 5 pass and bottom 5 rush defense. Plus, they're 0-3.

Interestingly, 2 teams that have beat them have beat us.

We should win this game.

It's a winnable game

They spit the bit, again ?????
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 10:50 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's a winnable game

They spit the bit, again ?????

Two 0-3 teams. The big thing though is IF we win this, we should be able to beat the Cardinals.

2-3.

Then a game @ the Ravens so probably 2-4. But 2-4 is better than a 1-5 or 0-6 start which is a possibility if we lose this.
Reply/Quote
Damn right it matters. Any win against the stoolers is a great win, even if they suck or not. There are enough players on this team who feel the rivalry as strong as ever. They will teach these youngens the importance of winning these games.

Reply/Quote
Regardless of our record vs the Steelers in the Dalton era, we should win this. If we don't it will look like our veteran "win now" roster has nothing on a bunch of new guys in Steelers jerseys. No Ben no Bell no AB. Other teams have capitalized on this and if we don't it's going to look quite bad.

This is our golden chance to win in prime time vs the Steelers. We can't blow this.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 11:50 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damn right it matters. Any win against the stoolers is a great win, even if they suck or not. There are enough players on this team who feel the rivalry as strong as ever. They will teach these youngens the importance of winning these games.

Even the players who have been here almost a decade need to learn the importance of winning these games because they haven't done much to show it.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 12:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Even the players who have been here almost a decade need to learn the importance of winning these games because they haven't done much to show it.

As bad as I hate to agree, I must.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 11:50 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damn right it matters. Any win against the stoolers is a great win, even if they suck or not. There are enough players on this team who feel the rivalry as strong as ever. They will teach these youngens the importance of winning these games.

Yes it does !

(09-26-2019, 12:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Regardless of our record vs the Steelers in the Dalton era, we should win this. If we don't it will look like our veteran "win now" roster has nothing on a bunch of new guys in Steelers jerseys.  No Ben no Bell no AB.  Other teams have capitalized on this and if we don't it's going to look quite bad.

This is our golden chance to win in prime time vs the Steelers.  We can't blow this.

Yes it will

IMHO they have to win this game. They don't and all the wind is gonna come out of the sails on this season. Dead in the water with 12 games and a long season ahead !
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 01:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes it does !

Yes it will

IMHO they have to win this game. They don't and all the wind is gonna come out of the sails on this season. Dead in the water with 12 games and a long season ahead !

Yep. IF we tout a 'New Dey' then the same Steelers domination happens...I think the shelf-life for Taylor grows smaller. Not that he'll be fired after 1 year. But, the Steelers arguably have more key injuries than we do.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers are an 0-3 team that is starting a backup QB, forget the jerseys they are wearing for a minute and realize that if we lose to teams that are this bad and this desperate (is their starting RB even playing?) this season is likely to be a real stinker.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 02:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Steelers are an 0-3 team that is starting a backup QB, forget the jerseys they are wearing for a minute and realize that if we lose to teams that are this bad and this desperate (is their starting RB even playing?) this season is likely to be a real stinker.

And they have a bottom 5 running game. Agreed.

It's akin to playing the Dolphins if you take the jerseys out of it.
Reply/Quote
We were a couple stupid things away from winning in Seattle and Buffalo. If we play to our potential and put together a whole game, we should beat them solid. This is a huge game. Prime Time against our most hated team. Ben or no Ben, they still have that ugly ass logo on their helmets and I want us to destroy them in all aspects of the game and have it lead to a turning point in our season.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 04:06 PM)bengaloo Wrote: We were a couple stupid things away from winning in Seattle and Buffalo. If we play to our potential and put together a whole game, we should beat them solid. This is a huge game. Prime Time against our most hated team. Ben or no Ben, they still have that ugly ass logo on their helmets and I want us to destroy them in all aspects of the game and have it lead to a turning point in our season.

And it well could, give them some much needed confidence, give them something to build on.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 04:06 PM)bengaloo Wrote: We were a couple stupid things away from winning in Seattle and Buffalo. If we play to our potential and put together a whole game, we should beat them solid. This is a huge game. Prime Time against our most hated team. Ben or no Ben, they still have that ugly ass logo on their helmets and I want us to destroy them in all aspects of the game and have it lead to a turning point in our season.

Teams that lose can generally look at a few plays that decided the games. It's like chess, you could say IF I didn't make 2 mistakes, I would have won. But those mistakes happened.

You don't fail to get a single 1st down in the 1st half of a game because of bad luck.
Reply/Quote
So Monday is Super Bowl?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 11:45 PM)XsandOs Wrote: So Monday is Super Bowl?

For this season it is.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 10:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Last season we were 4-1 and feeling pretty good about the season, had some comebacks and the defense despite some troubles had stepped up in the clutch.

Then we scored a TD with a little over a minute to go taking the lead 21-20 over the Steelers and just needed one more stand to go 5-1. The Steelers again jerked the rug out from under the Bengals and took all the air outta that team winning the game 28-21. The Bengals never recovered !

The Bengals are 1-10 including playoffs vs. Pittsburgh in the last 5 seasons, the last win was at Pittsburgh Nov. 1st 2015 The Steelers have swept the Bengals 3 seasons in a row coming into MNF.

In the ML era the Bengals were 8-26 vs. the Steelers including playoffs. The Steelers swept us 9 out of 16 seasons, we swept them once - 09. We were 2-16 at home vs. Steelers

You could go on and on with how much the Steelers have owned this team over the last 16 seasons !

I hear people saying it's not really a rivalry now with players gone and out, New Dey, new coaches here and so on.

IT MATTERS If the Bengals take yet another loss to a very beatable Steelers team you can write finis on this season. I'm not trying to say we're about to kick off a Super Bowl run, however. I feel this season despite being 0-3 is still somewhat salvageable. 9-7 or 8-8 is still doable IMHO and perhaps with a little luck ? who knows what turn of events lies ahead in the AFC ?

We need to cast the Pittsburgh monkey off our backs and we need, in a bad way, to do it now. It's a defining moment in this New Dey era.

While I completely agree with this....I believe the steelers haven't lost at home on MFN since something like 1990 and the Bengals haven't won, on the road, on MNF, since 1991.  I agree that it is a huge game, not just for the season but their mindset going forward.  It will be a huge challenge if the officiating is as horrible as it has been against Cincy.  Also, sadly, should they pull it off they will get zero credit for it since they did it without Piggy.  
Reply/Quote
1998 The Bengals were 3-13

HOWEVER, they swept the Steelers and kept them out of the playoffs.

Successful season.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 08:07 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: For this season it is.

I get it. It will be the first of possibly 3 Super Bowls this year, then.

Rams, NE, Pitt.

Embarrassment of riches!
Reply/Quote