Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Definition of NFL Insanity
My father told me, from the time I was 9 and started playing baseball, never run your mouth because the majority of the time, the other team will use it against you and it comes back to bite you in the butt!!

Jim Brown also said the same thing about the current hip hop trash talking that the young punks do, and he also said that all the celebration stuff takes the focus off the team and on the individual.

I just don't get it. You got guys that continue to run their mouth and inevitably it's used by the other team to smack them in the mouth, but they keep doing it expecting different results. (NFL Insanity)

As much as I wanted to root for Jacksonville, against the Pats, like I did against Pittsburgh, it was hard and I wasn't upset that they lost because that loss punched Jalen Ramsey right in the mouth!!
Reply/Quote
I agree. I like humble and team-oriented. I don't like the way people on defense separate themselves whenever they make a decent (not spectacular) but decent play. Thanks Gastineau. I don't mind a spontaneous celebration after a TD, but these choreographed ones are awkward and hard to watch.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 02:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I agree.  I like humble and team-oriented.  I don't like the way people on defense separate themselves whenever they make a decent (not spectacular) but decent play.  Thanks Gastineau.  I don't mind a  spontaneous celebration after a TD, but these choreographed ones are awkward and hard to watch.

This ^^^^

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
[Image: dance.gif]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: GRONKSPIKE2.gif]
Reply/Quote
I watched a snippet of the Jalen Ramsey post Patriot game interview. Reporter asked him what was the exchange him and Brady had before the game. He responded, "I don't really remember. I said something, he said something, no biggie."

I guarantee you if they had won, he would have been on his hip-hop trash talking soap box!
Reply/Quote
[Image: were-going-to-win-sunday-i-guarantee-it-quote-1.jpg]

[Image: 1969-miami-pool-10-jan.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 07:22 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: were-going-to-win-sunday-i-guarantee-it-quote-1.jpg]

[Image: 1969-miami-pool-10-jan.jpg]

This.

The wisdom of guarantees is always dependent on the outcome, not vice versa.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 11:35 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: My father told me, from the time I was 9 and started playing baseball, never run your mouth because the majority of the time, the other team will use it against you and it comes back to bite you in the butt!!

Jim Brown also said the same thing about the current hip hop trash talking that the young punks do, and he also said that all the celebration stuff takes the focus off the team and on the individual.

I just don't get it.  You got guys that continue to run their mouth and inevitably it's used by the other team to smack them in the mouth, but they keep doing it expecting different results.  (NFL Insanity)

As much as I wanted to root for Jacksonville, against the Pats, like I did against Pittsburgh, it was hard and I wasn't upset that they lost because that loss punched Jalen Ramsey right in the mouth!!

I agree. I always hate when Steelers players run their mouths because you don't want to give the other team any additional ammo. That's one thing I admire about the Patriots. They act professional and don't run their mouths before the games guaranteeing wins.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 02:46 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I agree. I always hate when Steelers players run their mouths because you don't want to give the other team any additional ammo. That's one thing I admire about the Patriots. They act professional and don't run their mouths before the games guaranteeing wins.

That maybe true, but they drafted a known gangster thug in Aaron Hernandez. And he was never rehabilitated with the BB and the Patriots!!!
[Image: Aaron-Hernandez-courtesy-tmz-via-huffing...t.com_.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 02:46 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I agree. I always hate when Steelers players run their mouths because you don't want to give the other team any additional ammo. That's one thing I admire about the Patriots. They act professional and don't run their mouths before the games guaranteeing wins.

Coach discipline is paramount. I respect BB for this. He will set your cocky attitude on the bench. Trash talking is ridiculous BTW. Show it with your talent instead of your mouth! 

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 05:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Coach discipline is paramount. I respect BB for this. He will set your cocky attitude on the bench. Trash talking is ridiculous BTW. Show it with your talent instead of your mouth! 

Yeah, he may cheat but he does not allow players to act unprofessional.  Remember Wes Welker being benched for the opening series in a playoff game?  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81db93b3/article/patriots-bench-wr-welker-to-start-jets-game

Bill put his foot down there (pun inteneded).
Reply/Quote