Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deflated, down and out?
1) why draft a WR #9 overall if you are not going to play him? Yes he fumbled, but in plenty of time to recover. if the cheifs went away from kar em hunt they don't beat the patriots. Let your players play

2) this game proved the bengals know the OL is trash, 1 & 2 step drops. No protection, no trust in OL. Qb play is suffering and he can't hold onto the ball and let plays develop. 3rd and 5 and you call a 3 yd slant. Garbage coachin.

3) 2:50 left in the 4th , 2 time outs left, and you don't call a time out. You let the clock run down and you get the ball back win 1:56, and 2 time it's. It could have been 2:35 with the the 2 minute warning and 1 time out... or basically 2 time outs......Even I know this#iplaymadden. In the end Probably didn't matter with the terrible play calling, but coaching all around is atrocious.

Great group of players with terrible coaching. I don't know how Marvin, zampese, and Alexander can sleep at night thinking they earned a paycheck. I left the stadium feeling deflated, let down and disgusted. With that said, I'm sure the players feel worse. Coaching sucks, and something has gotta give. Unfortunately, like many fans, I still have 6 games to go to. It would be more palletable if I could see what guenther had to offer. Shit at least I know hunk he could be better at the fundamentals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
London here we come.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:41 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: London here we come.

Lol, the NFL is too smart for that. Even the brits wouldn't have any interest in this team right now, and they want to grow the international fan base.
Reply/Quote
What does it matter who plays WR? Dalton can't throw a long ball. He can't throw intermediate and he can't throw corner routes. It's a timing out route, slant, or checkdown. The offense is literally high percentage throws or nothing. Hell hes terrible at throwing a wr screen. His Wr have to usually make circus catches. Dalton wouldn't be in the NFL if not for AJ Green. But teams have figured him out and Zampese isn't creative enough like Hue and Jay to get this offense moving. I'd be shocked if this team won another game with Andy as the QB.
Reply/Quote
They're million dollar players.. It's pretty obvious that money is well spent by someone else and NOT me..
But wait, I'm not a real fan because I don't buy Bengals gear and have no Bengals equipped man cave. Dammit! 
I better run out and get me some of that Bengals Bud Light!  That'll get em winning..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Dalton is garbage. Even my wife was screaming at the tv. Dalton cant even throw a ***** screen pass.. fml
Reply/Quote
They're million dollar players.. It's pretty obvious that money is well spent by someone else and NOT me..
But wait, I'm not a real fan because I don't buy Bengals gear and have no Bengals equipped man cave. Dammit! 
I better run out and get me some of that Bengals Bud Light!  That'll get em winning..

Marvin: We just have to play better. 
Fans: We just have to get rid of Marvin 
Mikey: I'm still a gazillionaire!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:51 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dalton is garbage. Even my wife was screaming at the tv. Dalton cant even throw a ***** screen pass.. fml

Your qb is only as good as the protection. Did dalton miss wide open passes, yea. But when there is no trust in the OL to do their job, you can never really settle into a groove. Especially when a team is coached not to lose, rather than to try and go out and win.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:51 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dalton is garbage. Even my wife was screaming at the tv. Dalton cant even throw a ***** screen pass.. fml

It's not just the bengals....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-nfl-offensive-line-crisis-20170913-story.html

The marquee games Sunday were Packers-Seahawks and Cowboys-Giants. In both, an inept offensive line prevented any attempt to commit football. Russell Wilson ran for his life behind Seattle's overwhelmed blockers, and Eli Manning chucked desperate, short passes behind a blue-and-gray sieve.

Atrocious offensive line play, in many ways, harms the viewing experience more than terrible quarterback play. A cruddy quarterback behind an adequate line will make bad decisions and poor throws and fail to score points, but those mistakes occur within the flow of an otherwise pleasant game. An adequate quarterback behind a horrible line doesn't even have the chance to initiate what fans would recognize as football. He's just engulfed by chaos.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:43 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: What does it matter who plays WR?  Dalton can't throw a long ball.  He can't throw intermediate and he can't throw corner routes. It's a timing out route, slant, or checkdown.  The offense is literally high percentage throws or nothing.  Hell hes terrible at throwing a wr screen.  His Wr have to usually make circus catches.  Dalton wouldn't be in the NFL if not for AJ Green.  But teams have figured him out and Zampese isn't creative enough like Hue and Jay to get this offense moving.  I'd be shocked if this team won another game with Andy as the QB.
I hate to use these words because their subjective, but Dalton is not an alpha male imo. He doesn't have the testosterone it takes to be a premier QB. What annoys the crap out of me is how slow his drop back is. The oline men feet are always moving faster than his.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:42 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Lol, the NFL is too smart for that. Even the brits wouldn't have any interest in this team right now, and they want to grow the international fan base.

The NFL doesn't care what team they send over there outside out having the least amount of impact on the overall fan base is the NFL at large. Thus, small market team (CHECK, CIN & JAX ) with weak ownership ( CHECK, CIN)

Might not be this year, might not be next, but we WILL be the team heading to London. Mark my words.
Reply/Quote
Ross seems to still be getting aquainted with the offense. Ross was healthy for 1 week during camp to run through the playbook before he was injured and held out until this week. I doubt he was even supposed to dress today but Boyd hurt himself during warmups. I figure he will gradually get more snaps each week as they work him into thr offense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:16 AM)Synric Wrote: Ross seems to still be getting aquainted with the offense. Ross was healthy for 1 week during camp to run through the playbook before he was injured and held out until this week. I doubt he was even supposed to dress today but Boyd hurt himself during warmups. I figure he will gradually get more snaps each week as they work him into thr offense.

Ross fumbled away a good drive.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:30 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Ross fumbled away a good drive.

True, but so did Kareem hunt... luckily his HC knew his best chance of winning was playing his best players.

Now maybe ross is hurt, and if so don't suit him up.

And he shouldn't fumble, ever. But he could have made a difference tonight maybe... the world will never know
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:33 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: True,  but so did Kareem hunt... luckily his HC knew his best chance of winning was playing his best players.

Now maybe ross is hurt, and if so don't suit him up.

And he shouldn't fumble, ever.  But he could have made a difference tonight maybe... the world will never know

Marv ball Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: Ross fumbled away a good drive.

That maybe true however, How do you break in your new rookie, who only played half a game in training camp? I know, lets get him to run a reverse right at Jadveon Clowney, YEAH that a get em. Ross got hurt on the exact same play in pre season against the Colts. Who in the world is calling plays for the Bengals, Ross is a WR not a RB, break him in with a few quick passes, not run him into the teeth of last years #1 defense. Oh yeah and benching him the rest of the game was brilliant Sarcasm . Marvin Lewis is gonna destroy his career in the first 2 or 3 games.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:38 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: 1) why draft a WR #9 overall if you are not going to play him? Yes he fumbled, but in plenty of time to recover. if the cheifs went away from kar em hunt they don't beat the patriots.  Let your players play

2) this game proved the bengals know the OL is trash, 1 & 2 step drops. No protection, no trust in OL. Qb play is suffering and he can't hold onto the ball and let plays develop. 3rd and 5 and you call a 3 yd slant. Garbage coachin.

3) 2:50 left in the 4th , 2 time outs left, and you don't call a time out. You let the clock run down and you get the ball back win 1:56, and 2 time it's. It could have been 2:35 with the the 2 minute warning and 1 time out... or basically 2 time outs......Even I know this#iplaymadden. In the end Probably didn't matter with the terrible play calling, but coaching all around is atrocious.

Great group of players with terrible coaching. I don't know how Marvin, zampese, and Alexander can sleep at night thinking they earned a paycheck. I left the stadium feeling deflated, let down and disgusted.  With that said, I'm sure the players feel worse.  Coaching sucks, and something has gotta give. Unfortunately, like many fans, I still have 6 games to go to.  It would be more palletable if I could see what guenther had to offer. Shit at least I know hunk he could be better at the fundamentals.

1.  the problem with #1 is he should have never been drafted when we had more pressing needs.........and I say that sadly as John Ross is a great guy......

2.  Can we not try any mis direction type plays knowing our line is garbage?

3.  Clock Management has been MLs downfall from day one
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Thought Ross should have been thrown back in the mix soon after fumble as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:43 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: What does it matter who plays WR?  Dalton can't throw a long ball.  He can't throw intermediate and he can't throw corner routes. It's a timing out route, slant, or checkdown.  The offense is literally high percentage throws or nothing.  Hell hes terrible at throwing a wr screen.  His Wr have to usually make circus catches.  Dalton wouldn't be in the NFL if not for AJ Green.  But teams have figured him out and Zampese isn't creative enough like Hue and Jay to get this offense moving.  I'd be shocked if this team won another game with Andy as the QB.

Dalton played well without AJ last year, actually. 

The offensive line is the issue, as well as Zampese lacking any sort of creativity or diversity in his play calling.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:06 AM)Fresno B Wrote: I hate to use these words because their subjective, but Dalton is not an alpha male imo. He doesn't have the testosterone it takes to be a premier QB. Whatj annoys the crap out of me is how slow his drop back is. The oline men feet are always moving faster than his.

The shit you guys come up with... 
Reply/Quote