Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dehner: Projecting the roster
(08-21-2016, 06:24 AM)John Shaft Wrote: So for the record, you would then use Erickson as you're primary return man ?
I think for the record, Erickson and Adam Jones could easily replace Tate. Does anyone remember when Tate called for a fair catch on our own 1 yard line??
Get Rex to return.
Get Core to return.
Get Peerman to return.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 08:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Why?  Because he got a free INT that Margus Hunt could have intercepted?  I haven't seen much from him in coverage or tackling to bump Fej, who was making tackles all over the place and is a force on coverage units.

Agree with this 100%

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 10:32 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote:
Hunt barely makes the 52 this season
...I think. He's got two more pre-season games (in which) he will play 70% of the time across the two. Something (I'm hoping) is bound to happen. 

Erickson in, Rashaun Simonise in - Tate and Wright out.  Mellow

We get to keep 53, so consider him the last guy...
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 08:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I wonder what everyone inside is really feeling about Lafell.  Not much you can do with him since he's practiced, but I can't help but think his lack of work with Andy isn't leaving everyone feeling very confident in his abilities.  
Patriot fans, the ones I know that are true fans, that I know, all said in agreement that injuries are the main reason for his release.
He's coming in to be our #2, where the Pats had him #4? I'm not too high on him personally, mainly because I haven't seen anything from him in an actual game yet.
(jmo).

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 11:18 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: We get to keep 53, so consider him the last guy...
Okay. 53.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 04:32 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Hopkins makes over TJ Johnson.  Hopkins more versatile taking snaps at OT. Really like Tra Carson but he will be plucked from the PS before season ends.  Peerman is going nowhere.  ST Captain, made pro bowl and his character is well respected.  Wright didn't look comfortable against the Lions, but lets see how he looks next two games.  Tate makes the roster, trusted on ST.  If Hunt makes squad, he will not be back after this year unless injuries.

Agree with this as well. 

Hate to think we let Carson walk but Peerman has earned his stripes. 

But Carson seems the perfect back up. Carson is a physical runner like Jeremy Hill and believe Burkhead is more in the form of Gio. 

Seems like perfect back ups in case of injury to either starter. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 11:19 AM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Patriot fans, the ones I know that are true fans, that I know, all said in agreement that injuries are the main reason for his release.
He's coming in to be our #2, where the Pats had him #4? I'm not too high on him personally, mainly because I haven't seen anything from him in an actual game yet.
(jmo).

Agree and have never ever been a Tate fan. 

Yet actually believe this years circumstances offer him a niche this season. 

It pains me to say this as well. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We seem to be putting all of our 'Brandons' in one basket...wide receiverly speaking.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 04:32 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Hopkins makes over TJ Johnson.  Hopkins more versatile taking snaps at OT. Really like Tra Carson but he will be plucked from the PS before season ends.  Peerman is going nowhere.  ST Captain, made pro bowl and his character is well respected.  Wright didn't look comfortable against the Lions, but lets see how he looks next two games.  Tate makes the roster, trusted on ST.  If Hunt makes squad, he will not be back after this year unless injuries.

(08-21-2016, 11:23 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with this as well. 

Hate to think we let Carson walk but Peerman has earned his stripes. 

But Carson seems the perfect back up. Carson is a physical runner like Jeremy Hill and believe Burkhead is more in the form of Gio. 

Seems like perfect back ups in case of injury to either starter. 

Like the reasoning on Hopkins, but disagree because we have backups at all of the positions that Hopkins plays, while Johnson is the only backup center.

With that being said, I do believe we went into 2014 or 2015 with only one center on the roster...
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 11:32 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Like the reasoning on Hopkins, but disagree because we have backups at all of the positions that Hopkins plays, while Johnson is the only backup center.

This.

Johnson gets the edge just because he is the #2 center.
Reply/Quote