Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dehner's roster predictions
(07-26-2018, 06:19 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Erikson has never been good at PR and was not impressive at KR last year. If he can't be replaced that's bad.

This X10.  When your return man leads your team in fumbles you have a problem.   Never understood the love affair with Erickson.   The only time we got anything decent from the return game was when Jones was back.   Time to move on from Erickson jn my book. 
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 05:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree with most but I'd bet Tate makes it over Erickson.

This, plus, I really have liked Ke'varie Russell and I would be in favor of letting Lafell go if someone like Malone or Core really shines in camp.  Ross is the guy that should be putting Lafell on the bench, but if he isn't even as good as the backups Core and Malone, save the money for Geno and Carlos. 

I may be in the minority here, but Lafell isn't suddenly going to get faster and generate separation, something he couldn't do with AJ Green opposite him and single-covered.  Nice guy, solid pro, but not worthy of a starting job any longer.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For me I would cut LaFell and Erickson for Core and Tate. I might even give Ross a shout on Punt and Kick returns but only when he has the WR locked down.
I would also only keep 3 RB's and keep Ja’Von Rolland-Jones
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 12:00 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Tate has to make the 53 roster to stay as a Bengal IMO.

Every team had a chance to draft him and passed, and teams that needed WRs have a bunch of their own choices in training camp to work with. Tate would have to blow up in some preseason games to get any team interested.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 05:33 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: You want an undrafted rookie to beat out our 3rd rd LB that had some 1St rd grades.   Hope your joking. 

I mean I see your point.  But the only thing anyone has said about Jefferson is he's fast.   Nor did any of the draft people I read say anything that made me want the guy in the first place.   Burfict was considered a 1st round lock the season before his draft season and ran a 5:00 flat at the combine.  But he's smart and physical.

I here good things about Worely's instincts.   I couldn't care less where they are drafted.  I just want a good football player.  If that turns out to be Jefferson, cool.  But my suspicions is he makes the team because of where he's drafted, and his "upside" more than how he actually shows.

So I don't think you will be disappointed, and I hope I eat crow.  Rather be wrong and have a third round pick with a first round grade that pans out.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 03:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr makes his projections for the 53 man roster:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/07/26/cincinnati-bengals-walkthru-projecting-53-man-roster/837988002/

I think Erickson only makes the roster if no one else steps as a returner in preseason.
I really hope we don't see them cut Russell in favor of Harris, as I've liked everything I've seen from Russell. I also don't have much faith in Harris, who struggles with tight coverage while playing in the Missouri Valley conference in college, whereas Russell was pretty solid in coverage against much better competition before breaking his fibula.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Man our receiving core is inexperienced and unknown.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Also, same could be said about our linebackers without Tez. Preston Brown should be decent but other than that? Yikes.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 02:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Erickson only makes the roster if no one else steps as a returner in preseason.
I really hope we don't see them cut Russell in favor of Harris, as I've liked everything I've seen from Russell. I also don't have much faith in Harris, who struggles with tight coverage while playing in the Missouri Valley conference in college, whereas Russell was pretty solid in coverage against much better competition before breaking his fibula.

Definately want Kei Russell to make the team. Phillips has been making more plays this Offseason then Harris anyways.
Reply/Quote
Just read a quote from Merv, " LaFell is feeling the heat".....
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 04:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just read a quote from Merv, " LaFell is feeling the heat".....

Alright, about time. Have been saying some of these other guys have to step up before we cut him or trade him.

Maybe that trade with Da Bills might still be in the cards. Cool
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright, about time. Have been saying some of these other guys have to step up before we cut him or trade him.

Maybe that trade with Da Bills might still be in the cards. Cool

Right Potential and Dreams are Great but if Lafell is still out playing them then he stays.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 02:51 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Man our receiving core is inexperienced and unknown.

They all are until they get some game time and experience.. 

Then they become known or Cease to exist in the NFL lol
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 02:19 PM)3wt Wrote: I mean I see your point.  But the only thing anyone has said about Jefferson is he's fast.   Nor did any of the draft people I read say anything that made me want the guy in the first place.   Burfict was considered a 1st round lock the season before his draft season and ran a 5:00 flat at the combine.  But he's smart and physical.

I here good things about Worely's instincts.   I couldn't care less where they are drafted.  I just want a good football player.  If that turns out to be Jefferson, cool.  But my suspicions is he makes the team because of where he's drafted, and his "upside" more than how he actually shows.

So I don't think you will be disappointed, and I hope I eat crow.  Rather be wrong and have a third round pick with a first round grade that pans out.

Well unless hes hurt or does something extremely dumb... Jefferson will be on the roster come September....  Now Worley might too...  Evans will still be here most likely... Vigil or Rey or another could be on the outs.    Already lost 1 LB to IR for the year. (Brandon Bell)
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 04:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just read a quote from Merv, " LaFell is feeling the heat".....

Good to hear.

I defend LaFell against claims that he sucks, but at the same time I would like to see one or two of the younger guys play well enough to move ahead of him.  Brandon is not as bad as some claim, but an upgrade would still be nice.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 05:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Right Potential and Dreams are Great but if Lafell is still out playing them then he stays.

Agreed, just heard Ross beat Dre deep again today, sounds like he is making the most of his chances right now.

Ross is putting on the heat. Same with Boyd in the Slot.

Malone should be the next to impress, that should really put Lafell's job in jeopardy.

(07-27-2018, 05:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: They all are until they get some game time and experience.. 

Then they become known or Cease to exist in the NFL lol

Exactly, you don't gain experience til you get on the dang field...
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 05:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Good to hear.

I defend LaFell against claims that he sucks, but at the same time I would like to see one or two of the younger guys play well enough to move ahead of him.  Brandon is not as bad as some claim, but an upgrade would still be nice.

Most definately.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 02:53 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Also, same could be said about our linebackers without Tez. Preston Brown should be decent but other than that? Yikes.

I hope Brown gets a long term contact and the Bengals draft a couple backers next year fairly early.  Right now, at least on paper, the backers appear the weaker position group, or similar to the concerns of the O-Line.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 05:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well unless hes hurt or does something extremely dumb... Jefferson will be on the roster come September....  Now Worley might too...  Evans will still be here most likely... Vigil or Rey or another could be on the outs.    Already lost 1 LB to IR for the year. (Brandon Bell)

Damn I liked Bell too.
Reply/Quote
K Russell makes the team at CB or gets traded first, he won't be cut.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote