Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Deion Sanders defends Burfict hit on Brown
(01-13-2016, 01:08 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Isn't "diagnosed with a brain injury" just another way of saying "he has a concussion"??

Kinda.

But which one sounds worse?  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:19 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Kinda.

.....was just gonna say, in a hyperbolic, drama queen, school girlish kinda way. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....was just gonna say, in a hyperbolic, drama queen, school girlish kinda way. Mellow

Agreed, but I think Jones sounds like a little kid on the playground right about now too... "he winked at me", "he was faking it"...
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:23 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Agreed, but I think Jones sounds like a little kid on the playground right about now too... "he winked at me", "he was faking it"...

That is certainly true.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:19 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Kinda.

Exactly. The smear campaign continues.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Burfict lowered his shoulder after the ball deflected off Brown's hands.  The hit was 100% intentional, but that doesn't necessarily mean Burfict targeted his head.  IMO the hit was in retaliation for the illegal hit on Gio.  But, hitting another player in the head is a penalty.  It really doesn't matter that Burfict hit Brown's head with his shoulder instead of helmet to helmet.  If Brown did catch the ball, Burfict would have been flagged for hitting a defenseless receiver.  Burfict could have held up and should have given the situation.  It was stupid.  On the other hand, the officiating was poor.  Shawn Williams defenseless receiver flag was BS because the receiver took three steps after catching the ball before Williams tackled him.  If that was a defenseless receiver penalty, then so was the hit on Gio.  Shazier lowered his head, couldn't see what he was hitting, led with the crown of his helmet, and delivered a helmet to helmet hit.  It was the exact opposite of the NFL's Heads UP program for kids.  I'm so glad Mike Carey is retired because I could always count on him making at least one horrible call per game.  (I'm still pissed off over the roughing the passer penalty he called on Justin Smith which allowed the Bucs to win that game.)  Dude's an idiot.  It wasn't an "unfortunate" hit, it was a penalty. The loss was due to a perfect shit storm of poor discipline, poor player execution, poor coaching, and poor officiating.  To quote one of the all time best rants,  "They are who we thought they were and we let 'em off the hook!"
Reply/Quote
It was 100% intentional. It was late hit to defenseless player. It was illegal.
It was not a intentional head hit. It was not meant to injure, but to be a hard hit only. 3 game suspension is BS, but it was big media ho hum, so big suspension.

This game was not robbed from us. It was the perfect sequence of crap luck. Starting QB gone, best ball handler runner out, fumble, foul at worst time, additional foul for touching ref, when it should have been called on Steelers coach.

Still, all this would not have mattered if we put up 14 points in the first half. We simply did not run, or pass the ball well until second half. The game was lost in the first half, not the end of the game.
Reply/Quote