Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deja Lewis
(12-06-2018, 12:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It feels like we're right back were we were around this time last year:

The fact that Marvin always seems to be the one deciding Marvin's fate - instead of the owner / front office - is a perfect example of why there's not an ounce of true accountability in the organization. 

Precisely. It's up to Marvin if he stays or not.

There's not...you didn't meet expectations and we don't want you back.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 01:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If Mike Brown hires you as head coach, getting fired is almost impossible. Shula had to lose 73% of his games to get the axe (Mike didn't like doing it), Coslet had to quit after a 5-25 run (Mike tried talking him out of it), LaBeau's contract had to expire after a 2 win season (Mike said he was conflicted) and Lewis, well...16 years and counting.

It won't matter who the new coach is. When you have an organization that lets the coach decide when he leaves...you're behind the 8 ball.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 01:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Precisely. It's up to Marvin if he stays or not.

I believe I heard on some NFL related TV show that Marvin makes $6 million per year now.

Why walk away from $6 million when he is only 60 years old & very used to fan outrage by now ?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 12:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It feels like we're right back were we were around this time last year:

Last year or did you travel back in time? hmmmmmm
Reply/Quote
I could understand if some people said Marvin had decided not to return.

And I could understand if some people said Marvin will take a couple of weeks to make the decision on if he stays or goes.

But I can't believe both at the same time. If he has already decided he will not return he will not take two weeks, and if he needs two weeks to decide then he has not made up his mind.

This rumor is total BS.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 02:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I could understand if some people said Marvin had decided not to return.

And I could understand if some people said Marvin will take a couple of weeks to make the decision on  if he stays or goes.

But I can't believe both at the same time.  If he has already decided he will not return he will not take two weeks, and if he needs two weeks to decide then he has not made up his mind.

This rumor is total BS.

It's likely wishful thinking by the media and fans.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 02:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I could understand if some people said Marvin had decided not to return.

And I could understand if some people said Marvin will take a couple of weeks to make the decision on  if he stays or goes.

But I can't believe both at the same time.  If he has already decided he will not return he will not take two weeks, and if he needs two weeks to decide then he has not made up his mind.

This rumor is total BS.

Could be total BS. Could have some truth. Or, as Rauch said, the 'source' could be Marvin. Who the hell knows?
Reply/Quote
IF Merv leaves, it'll just be Hue, so in the grand scheme of things, who gives a shit? We're hosed one way or the other. Mike Brown sucks ass....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
every year his mantra is
we have to tackle better
we have to do our jobs
we have to do a better job of
protecting Andy.
does he ever say " I have to coach better!"
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 02:52 PM)impactplaya Wrote: does he ever say " I have to coach better!"

I actually heard him say that recently.   99% sure I heard it.

I am 100% certain that he said that the responsibility for where they are "all falls on me".

He has owned it recently.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 02:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: IF Merv leaves, it'll just be Hue, so in the grand scheme of things, who gives a shit?  We're hosed one way or the other.  Mike Brown sucks ass....

“I’m happy to be kicked around. I’m still here. Go at it if you will.” - Mike Brown, 2016   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 02:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: “I’m happy to be kicked around. I’m still here. Go at it if you will.” - Mike Brown, 2016   Ninja

I would love to plant this Georgia Boot up his keister! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 02:56 PM)depthchart Wrote: I actually heard him say that recently.   99% sure I heard it.

I am 100% certain that he said that the responsibility for where they are "all falls on me".

He has owned it recently.

You're correct. he's actually said it a few times this year.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/11/11/18085540/marvin-lewis-admits-needs-to-coach-better-after-bengals-loss-to-saints
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

The fact that Marvin always seems to be the one deciding Marvin's fate - instead of the owner / front office - is a perfect example of why there's not an ounce of true accountability in the organization. 

This is sad stuff man, so we didn't learn anything from last offseason or this season?

Have some ballz Mikey or Katie or Troy and run the damn show. If you don't even have the say in firing the coach
that you pay i don't know what to say. If this is the case we have to just hope Marv does us a favor and steps down
on his own. Geez. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 01:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Precisely. It's up to Marvin if he stays or not.

[Image: dodgeball-nogoals.gif?w=650]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Now watch the Bengals go 9-7 and make the playoffs and Lewis gets another extension
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 03:39 PM)Trademark Wrote: Now watch the Bengals go 9-7 and make the playoffs and Lewis gets another extension

Does it matter?  Head coaches get fired all the time, yet we have a HC who has 0 playoff wins after 16 years and is looking at his 3rd losing season in a row and it's up to HIM whether he comes back or not.  It's wacky.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 03:39 PM)Trademark Wrote: Now watch the Bengals go 9-7 and make the playoffs and Lewis gets another extension

At this point, I wouldn't care if he actually won a playoff game. He needs to go.

Reply/Quote
Fans wanting Lewis to leave after this season do realize the front office brought Hue into the fold for this possible outcome. If Lewis leaves at the end of the season, Hue will be the next Head Coach.

At least if Lewis stays another year there is a chance, albeit a small one, that Mike Brown could retire since Brown will be approaching 85 by next year's season end.

Hue Jackson will not provide many hope, especially if Brown is still involved.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Just the idea they won't fire Marvin and it's pretty much up to him if he stays or goes; given everything that's happened with the team (core) fizzling out and yet another window shutting under Marvin, doesn't give much hope for future management of the team regardless of what happens. They haven't grown or rethought how they operate at all.

Hoping things will change when Katie takes over is useless. By now Daddy's little girls should have more pull and if she wanted Marvin gone you'd think it would have been done.

She may be just as bad as her father.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote