Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Deja Vu all over again? MTG files a motion to vacate the Speaker
(03-22-2024, 03:36 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Complete chaos is the point here.

Absolutely.

Not many as hard core maga as Marjorie. So I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump gave her the marching orders.

It sounded like we were getting closer to approving more aid to Ukraine. I see this as the Putin wing of the GOP trying to stop it.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because they heard that going to Texas earns them a free ride to a city where they will get free benefits, simply by claiming "asylum"...

You know who they are hearing that from? "Conservatives." The crisis is just perpetuated by the lies spread by these politicians.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 08:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You know who they are hearing that from? "Conservatives." The crisis is just perpetuated by the lies spread by these politicians.

Are the new migrants really hearing it from Politicians?  Or, is it more a case of "Hey man, I came through Texas and they sent me to NYC, and NYC is giving care to new arrivals"?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are the new migrants really hearing it from Politicians?  Or, is it more a case of "Hey man, I came through Texas and they sent me to NYC, and NYC is giving care to new arrivals"?

That's very christian of them if you ask me ... 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 08:50 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: That's very christian of them if you ask me ... 

Do you worship Jesus Christ, and accept him as your savior from sin?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are the new migrants really hearing it from Politicians?  Or, is it more a case of "Hey man, I came through Texas and they sent me to NYC, and NYC is giving care to new arrivals"?

But NYC isn't really giving them what they are being told by GOP politicians. They are hearing "open borders" and being told they will be given all these things by these politicians whose claims are on the media in Mexico and throughout Latin America. Their lies are perpetuating the problem.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 08:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: But NYC isn't really giving them what they are being told by GOP politicians. They are hearing "open borders" and being told they will be given all these things by these politicians whose claims are on the media in Mexico and throughout Latin America. Their lies are perpetuating the problem.

Are they really? Or is the party in charge just not allowing enforcement of the existing immigration laws?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 08:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are they really? Or is the party in charge just not allowing enforcement of the existing immigration laws?

Yes, that is really what is happening. Now explain how the Biden administration is not enforcing existing border laws.

Reply/Quote
[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2...03-773.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 08:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: But NYC isn't really giving them what they are being told by GOP politicians. They are hearing "open borders" and being told they will be given all these things by these politicians whose claims are on the media in Mexico and throughout Latin America. Their lies are perpetuating the problem.

You mean migrants/illegals are as easily duped by lying politicians and the for-profit "tell me what I wanna hear or imma turn it off" media, too?  Say it ain't so.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 10:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You mean migrants/illegals are as easily duped by lying politicians and the for-profit "tell me what I wanna hear or imma turn it off" media, too?  Say it ain't so.

They're more 'murican than we thought.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 11:49 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: They're more 'murican than we thought.

They're already assimilating...look, there is one going on a shooting spree we can ignore!
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 12:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: They're already assimilating...look, there is one going on a shooting spree we can ignore!

Tough to ignore the ACTUAL culprit, my friend. Ban those guns!
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 12:45 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Tough to ignore the ACTUAL culprit, my friend. Ban those guns!

Easy there, Saint Ronnie...you may become a republican messiah and win 2 landslide elections with a cwaaaaaazyyyy plan like that!
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 07:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Sounds like a bunch of "not their best" thugs from a shithole country 

Baaaaad Hombres

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 08:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are they really? Or is the party in charge just not allowing enforcement of the existing immigration laws?

That's the biggest part of it.

The next step is Dems want those future blue voters to over run TX. 
Give them the TX Electoral College votes and you'll never see another R as POTUS again.

At least Abbot is smart enough to send them right on thru to already heavily entrenched Blue States and now those states are getting all riled up over it
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 08:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yes, that is really what is happening. Now explain how the Biden administration is not enforcing existing border laws.

Didn't he run on Immigration Reform?
3 years later still didn't do jack. But now he's let it become a Political tool.

In case people haven't figured it out, Biden is big time Pro-what ever it takes to win. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, California is broke, AZ and NM the "blue voters" are all retirement folks, so the immigrants don't want to deal with a hostile population of younger folks, and that is why they accept Texas offer to be sent up to Yankeeville.

They don't accept anything.  Their shoved in buses like cattle and shipped out of Texas against their will.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 01:50 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That's the biggest part of it.

The next step is Dems want those future blue voters to over run TX. 
Give them the TX Electoral College votes and you'll never see another R as POTUS again.

At least Abbot is smart enough to send them right on thru to already heavily entrenched Blue States and now those states are getting all riled up over it

Please don't praise Abbot - he's a fuking disgrace.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 02:09 AM)Stewy Wrote: Please don't praise Abbot - he's a fuking disgrace.

He's a politician and if he's soo bad why did he win a 3rd term?
Reply/Quote