Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demaryius Thomas
Just got release by the Texans. 31 years old and coming off a week 16 left Achilles blow out.

Said he came back from his last similar injury after 6 months.

I could see us signing this guy, if only because Coach Taylor has a short track record of bringing in guys that are familiar with what he wants to do here. Thomas has connections with Coach Callahan and Gary Kubiak who I believed was wanted here.

Obviously he'd miss the first half of the season, but it would give us a solid veteran presence and some depth at WR for the latter half of the season.

This isn't necessarily me saying I want the guy, but that it looks like a move I could see happening.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Although it might be a decent grab, I wouldn’t do it.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 11:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Although it might be a decent grab, I wouldn’t do it.

Only thing I can think of is coming off an injury he might would command a cheap contract. Maybe off a one year show I can get healthy and play the last half of a season deal and then try to score a final big contract for his career.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 11:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Although it might be a decent grab, I wouldn’t do it.

Good call Harley, he just got pinched on a vehicular assault case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/demaryius-thomas-arrested-charged-with-felony-vehicular-assault-after-car-accident/ar-BBUcQRk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 05:44 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Good call Harley, he just got pinched on a vehicular assault case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/demaryius-thomas-arrested-charged-with-felony-vehicular-assault-after-car-accident/ar-BBUcQRk

I picked up a bad scent. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 05:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Good call Harley, he just got pinched on a vehicular assault case.

Even the legal problems aside, he was having a terrible year prior to the injury.  Broncos released him in mid-season, which led to him getting picked up by the Texans.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 08:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Even the legal problems aside, he was having a terrible year prior to the injury.  Broncos released him in mid-season, which led to him getting picked up by the Texans.  

Yep, and then the injury.  It may be curtains for him now.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 11:35 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Just got release by the Texans. 31 years old and coming off a week 16 left Achilles blow out.

Said he came back from his last similar injury after 6 months.

I could see us signing this guy, if only because Coach Taylor has a short track record of bringing in guys that are familiar with what he wants to do here. Thomas has connections with Coach Callahan and Gary Kubiak who I believed was wanted here.

Obviously he'd miss the first half of the season, but it would give us a solid veteran presence and some depth at WR for the latter half of the season.

This isn't necessarily me saying I want the guy, but that it looks like a move I could see happening.

did he just get released to the vehicular assult chargers coming? possible suspension coming after injury recover puts it much further in the NOPE category.

Not down for playing someone for half a season rather get a guy that can play all season...  And we aren't moving ross     and boyd shouldn't lose any snaps.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 05:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Good call Harley, he just got pinched on a vehicular assault case.

Well in that case he's moved up to the top of Mikey's list. He'll sign cheap as dirt just to have a chance to play again.  Ninja

I'm in a mood today!

Reply/Quote
Demaryius Thomas would be worth taking a chance maybe eight years ago -- but not now.
Reply/Quote
If the team were one WR away from a Super Bowl berth, I'd be for it...But they aren't, so nah.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote