Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open the Books: U.S. Department of Education wastes billions each year
If Fed money is being used to help pay for these kids to go to college, then the whole out of state rule should be removed, because fed money comes from every state.

But I'm sure there's plenty of places where money is well spent and many not so well spent, happens when all organizations get to big for their britches.

Why do we need City State Fed DOE's?

My biggest wish with education is there should be a straight across the board teaching at each level with supplemental classes for your area.

It's seems silly that 10th Grader Johnny moves from one major city to another city in a different state and he's ahead or behind for his classes. Heck in some cases just move across the city and same problem.

Personally I think the state and local level should be removed. Have it all mandated by the Fed and kept uniform for every grade level. Increase the hours and go to school on Saturdays lol. Follow up by figuring out a way to make College and 2 year trade schools free for all Seniors and keep that going. We've lost our way.

When it comes to Education, I'm pretty radical.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-11-2019, 08:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If Fed money is being used to help pay for these kids to go to college, then the whole out of state rule should be removed, because fed money comes from every state.

The difference between federal funding for college and state funding is that states provide money to public institutions to subsidize the cost of tuition for students from their state. So eliminating the state funding means all students would pay the out-of-state rates that are listed. Essentially, your taxes help pay for students in your state to attend state schools. Since students from other states don't pay taxes to your state, they don't benefit from that subsidizing factor.

Federal monies apply to all students, in or out of state, in the form of grants and/or loans to help them pay for the cost of attendance to the school they have matriculated to.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR