Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democrat calls for internment camps for Muslim extremists who are American citizens
https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/07/20/chattanooga-wesley-clark-calls-internment-camps-disloyal-americans/

Well I guess Democrats going to what they do best. Stomping on American citiZens rights. Where the heck was the msnbc reporter to call him out on this..... He just went along with him.

Progressive agenda..... And the reporter acted like there was nothing to say.

Quote: Retired general and former Democratic presidential candidate Wesley Clark on Friday called for World War II-style internment camps to be revived for “disloyal Americans.” In an interview with MSNBC’s Thomas Roberts in the wake of the mass shooting in Chatanooga, Tennessee, Clark said that during World War II, “if someone supported Nazi Germany at the expense of the United States, we didn’t say that was freedom of speech, we put him in a camp, they were prisoners of war.”

He called for a revival of internment camps to help combat Muslim extremism, saying, “If these people are radicalized and they don’t support the United States and they are disloyal to the United States as a matter of principle, fine. It’s their right and it’s our right and obligation to segregate them from the normal community for the duration of the conflict.”
Yes. Clearly, he demonstrates the mainstream of liberal thought in America. Rolleyes
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(07-20-2015, 04:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/07/20/chattanooga-wesley-clark-calls-internment-camps-disloyal-americans/

Well I guess Democrats going to what they do best.   Stomping on American citiZens rights.    Where the heck was the msnbc reporter to call him out on this..... He just went along with him.    

Progressive agenda.....  And the reporter acted like there was nothing to say.  

This guys sounds like he has just recently realized he's old and now qualifies to say anything.  No matter how stupid it is.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Hard to tell exactly what Clarke was proposing. He mentions people who swears their allegiance to Isis and expresses disloyalty to the United States, but I don't know exactly what he means by being "disloyal".

Sounds like a dangerous road to head down. But he is not saying lock up every Muslin in the United States like we did with thousands of Japanese Americans during WWII.
(07-20-2015, 04:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hard to tell exactly what Clarke was proposing.  He mentions people who swears their allegiance to Isis and expresses disloyalty to the United States, but I don't know exactly what he means by being "disloyal".

Sounds like a dangerous road to head down.  But he is not saying lock up every Muslin in the United States like we did with thousands of Japanese Americans during WWII.

The fact he is even suggesting we round up any American citizen based on whether they think they are radical is scary.
(07-20-2015, 04:49 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yes. Clearly, he demonstrates the mainstream of liberal thought in America.  Rolleyes

That's not a liberal thought. That's all progressive. The non response from reporter was the most disturbing. Where is he to call that out?
(07-20-2015, 04:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That's not a liberal thought.   That's all progressive.   The non response from reporter was the most disturbing.    Where is he to call that out?

Oh. Sorry.

I meant to say that, clearly he demonstrates the mainstream of progressive thought in America.  [Image: rolleyes.gif]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(07-20-2015, 05:14 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Oh. Sorry.

I meant to say that, clearly he demonstrates the mainstream of progressive thought in America.  [Image: rolleyes.gif]

He actually does, and that's what's scary.   We need more classic liberals to step up.

Who do you think set up the FEMA camps for "prolonged detention"
In case there was question how progressives feel about detaining people and rounding them up wilson and FdR style .... But hey don't mind the man behind the curtain.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/24/chicago-police-detain-americans-black-site
Yeah, that dude is insane. He's definitely not representative of the average thought of his party, unlike the OP suggests.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
“If these people are radicalized and they don’t support the United States and they are disloyal to the United States as a matter of principle, fine. It’s their right and it’s our right and obligation to segregate them from the normal community for the duration of the conflict.”

I think it stops being there right when you start rounding them up for it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]