Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Democrat congressman criminally charged in Capitol Hill fire alarm incident
Well maybe justice will be served. Keep in mind, his stunt was done as members were getting ready to vote on a government shutdown. Why was he trying to delay the vote and shut down the government?
Jamaal Bowman criminally charged in Capitol Hill fire alarm incident
Rep. Jamaal Bowman has been criminally charged in the Capitol Hill fire alarm incident
Rep. Jamaal Bowman, D-N.Y., has been charged after he pulled a fire alarm in a House of Representatives building amid a government shutdown threat on Sept. 30.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jamaal-bowman-criminally-charged-capitol-hill-fire-alarm-incident

Bowman was charged with false fire alarm on Wednesday afternoon. His arraignment is scheduled for Thursday morning.

An arrest warrant filed by U.S. Capitol Police Supervisory Special Agent Joseph McAtee states that they were notified at 12:05 p.m. that a fire alarm had been pulled inside the Cannon House Office Building on the second floor.
When Bowman was interviewed by Capitol Police agents, he told them that he responded "yes" when asked if he knew anything about the fire alarm. The Democratic representative said he was in a rush because votes were being called, adding that the door is usually open.

PROGRESSIVE 'SQUAD' DEMOCRAT ACCUSED OF PULLING FIRE ALARM AMID TENSE SHUTDOWN TALKS
Bowman, according to the arrest warrant, the agents that he saw the nearby doors with a sign reading "emergency exit only push to open," so he pushed on the door and pulled the lever next to it, which must have been the alarm."

"[Bowman] advised that usually when votes are called, all doors are open, and that door is usually open (the second floor door leading to Independence Ave). The defendant further stated that this door was a usual door he uses. The defendant advised that he then went to a Dem (Democratic) meeting and a vote at the Capitol, then the House Sergeant at Arms contacted him," the warrant states.

Bowman told the agent that he didn’t intend to cause a fire alarm and didn’t intend to disrupt or obstruct a Congressional proceeding, then stating that he needed to get a lawyer and wouldn't make any further statements.

NEW YORK DEM'S CAPITOL HILL FIRE ALARM INCIDENT REFERRED TO FEDS FOR CHARGES SIMILAR TO JAN. 6 RIOTERS

The agent wrote in the arrest warrant that there's a sign next to the door reading "Emergency Exit Only," adding that the fire alarm had lettering which read, "FIRE. Push in Pull Down." Security camera footage reviewed by Capitol Police allegedly revealed that Bowman attempted to open both door's before pulling the fire alarm, then walked away.
Fox News Digital has reached out to Bowman's congressional office. At the time of the incident, Bowman's chief of staff wrote on X that "Congressman Bowman did not realize he would trigger a building alarm as he was rushing to make an urgent vote. The Congressman regrets any confusion."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Good
Reply/Quote
Lemme try to act like a cult member.

WeApOnIzEd JuStIcE sYsTeM pOlItIcAl AsSaSsInAtIoN

Nah I can't do it. We need to be okay with any politician being held accountable for their actions. Affiliation with a party shouldn't grant them a pass from anyone.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I spoke too soon. Unlike the Jan. 6 protesters who pulled fire alarms and were indicted by the DOJ, the Democrat gets special treatment and only local misdemeanor for him. Ninja

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 12:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I spoke too soon. Unlike the Jan. 6 protesters who pulled fire alarms and were indicted by the DOJ, the Democrat gets special treatment and only local misdemeanor for him. Ninja

A number of the Jan 6th defendants were charged with misdemeanors. Those aren’t the high profile cases that make the news. In the District of Columbia falsely pulling a fire alarm is a misdemeanor so he received no special favors in charging.

The Congressman is pleading guilty and will pay the maximum fine of $1000 and provide a written apology to the capitol police. He will also likely face some sort of discipline from the House Ethics Committee.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sounds like the appropriate charges were filed based on the provable information.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Glad they are charging the insurrectionist.   Our Republic was in grave danger.     Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 09:40 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Lemme try to act like a cult member.

WeApOnIzEd JuStIcE sYsTeM pOlItIcAl AsSaSsInAtIoN

Nah I can't do it. We need to be okay with any politician being held accountable for their actions. Affiliation with a party shouldn't grant them a pass from anyone.

Nah, all the people I know (some left, some right) believe the riot was bs and those who participated should be charged.  The difference is they are able to see the obvious bs propaganda narrative and see things for what they really are.

Insurrection.  (not aimed at you specifically)   lmao!  Not even remotely close.  Insurrections don't involve the insurrectionists being unarmed, let in by police and wandering around "mostly peacefully".

When you see someone say "cult member" (on either side) or insurrection/insurrectionist you can be sure the bias has taken strong root.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 08:35 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Nah, all the people I know (some left, some right) believe the riot was bs and those who participated should be charged.  The difference is they are able to see the obvious bs propaganda narrative and see things for what they really are.

Insurrection.  (not aimed at you specifically)   lmao!  Not even remotely close.  Insurrections don't involve the insurrectionists being unarmed, let in by police and wandering around "mostly peacefully".

When you see someone say "cult member" (on either side) or insurrection/insurrectionist you can be sure the bias has taken strong root.

"let in by police and wandering around"  Mellow

[Image: 106822651-1610409078172-wind-475x323.jpg]

[Image: 13dc-attack1-video-Sixteen-By-Nine3000.jpg]

[Image: capitol-mob-750-93182f68-8966-40eb-86f4-...20-prv.jpg]

[Image: DC-riot-12.jpg]

[Image: download.jpg]

[Image: gettyimages-1230477257-custom-bfadc1ba9a...00-c50.jpg]

[Image: Getty-Images-1230733886-1024x683.jpg]

[Image: im-462296.jpg]

[Image: images.jpg]

[Image: january6-1626193174.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-2023-10-26-082300.jpg]

'k.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Just my 2 cents, if anyone wants to downplay the J6 thing you're better off going the "both sides" route and talking about the BLM riots etc rather than trying to wave away the copious amounts of visual evidence that things weren't exactly peaceful and routine.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 09:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: "let in by police and wandering around"  Mellow

[Image: 106822651-1610409078172-wind-475x323.jpg]

[Image: 13dc-attack1-video-Sixteen-By-Nine3000.jpg]

[Image: capitol-mob-750-93182f68-8966-40eb-86f4-...20-prv.jpg]

[Image: DC-riot-12.jpg]

[Image: download.jpg]

[Image: gettyimages-1230477257-custom-bfadc1ba9a...00-c50.jpg]

[Image: Getty-Images-1230733886-1024x683.jpg]

[Image: im-462296.jpg]

[Image: images.jpg]

[Image: january6-1626193174.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-2023-10-26-082300.jpg]

'k.

Yup.  There is video.  None of those pics look like an insurrection to me.  Looks like a relatively minor 3 hour riot.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 09:44 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Yup.  There is video.  None of those pics look like an insurrection to me.  Looks like a relatively minor 3 hour riot.

What is your operational definition of an insurrection, though?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 09:44 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Yup.  There is video.  None of those pics look like an insurrection to me.  Looks like a relatively minor 3 hour riot.

You're getting closer.

Why were they rioting?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 09:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: You're getting closer.

Why were they rioting?

It was a riot on a government building done at a time to superficially impede the government from performing specific duties that were knowingly scheduled to occur at that time.  If I were anyone involved in this thing who isn't Trump I'd be pretty worried I had put myself in a situation that could be considered an insurrection, that's for sure.
Reply/Quote

Peaceful Protest.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 10:00 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It was a riot on a government building done at a time to superficially impede the government from performing specific duties that were knowingly scheduled to occur at that time.  If I were anyone involved in this thing who isn't Trump I'd be pretty worried I had put myself in a situation that could be considered an insurrection, that's for sure.

They are blinded by the neon god they made.
Reply/Quote
This "holding politicians accountable for their actions" thing feels good.

We should do it more often.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 10:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: They are blinded by the neon god they made.

Why spread false info? When was Trump indicted for anything that occurred on Jan. 6?

Jan.6 was a group of idiots who decided to riot inside a capital building. I heard Trump's entire speech? Did you? He said go peacefully, not once did he say go over throw the government.

Did you also have disdain for BLM protests that were 100X worse? I did not see the burn down a police station, throw Molotov cocktails at police, police cars and buildings? We can all throw up pics of bad acts, Jan.6 was not acceptable, but it was not Trump's fault, if it was he would have been charged. He was not in spite of the cries from liberals to go after him.

Liberals cry wolf with Trump so much they end up losing the narrative. Trump picks up support because it is obvious there is a 2 tier justice system, one for Donald Trump and one for Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton and other Democrats.

I feel sorry for you for having TDS (Trump derangement Syndrome), but it will be OK, win or lose Trump will not be in politics forever.

Trump is not a guy I would have over dinner, but he is a great leader and was a great conservative President. Joe Biden makes him look better every day.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 11:17 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why spread false info? When was Trump indicted for anything that occurred on Jan. 6?

Jan.6 was a group of idiots who decided to riot inside a capital building. I heard Trump's entire speech? Did you? He said go peacefully, not once did he say go over throw the government.

Did you also have disdain for BLM protests that were 100X worse? I did not see the burn down a police station, throw Molotov cocktails at police, police cars and buildings? We can all throw up pics of bad acts, Jan.6 was not acceptable, but it was not Trump's fault, if it was he would have been charged. He was not in spite of the cries from liberals to go after him.

Liberals cry wolf with Trump so much they end up losing the narrative. Trump picks up support because it is obvious there is a 2 tier justice system, one for Donald Trump and one for Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton and other Democrats.

I feel sorry for you for having TDS (Trump derangement Syndrome), but it will be OK, win or lose Trump will not be in politics forever.

Trump is not a guy I would have over dinner, but he is a great leader and was a great conservative President. Joe Biden makes him look better every day.

Imagine believing any of that.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 08:35 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Nah, all the people I know (some left, some right) believe the riot was bs and those who participated should be charged.  The difference is they are able to see the obvious bs propaganda narrative and see things for what they really are.

Your anecdotes don't equate reality. For every person you know, I've seen a hundred online saying that the rioters were patriots and should be hailed as heroes, not vilified by the government and media. The only thing you said that was remotely true was the propaganda bias, but it ain't what you think it is.

You still claim they were unarmed - but weren't pipe bombs found nearby? And didn't a bunch of the rioters have zip ties and ill intent (by their own admission)? You don't need to have tanks to stage a coup - just a decisive lack of morals and the resolution to go through with it. The rioters had one of those 2 things; we seen how quickly they turned tail when one of them got to go meet Ronald Reagan.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling every conservative a cult member. But you know exactly the kind of folks I'm referring to when I say it and if it offends you, I'd suggest taking a good hard look at yourself and the kind of people you're getting lumped in with.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote