Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Democrat judge accused of shooting sleeping boyfriend after he dumped her
https://www.foxnews.com/us/pennsylvania-judge-charged-shooting-sleeping-ex-boyfriend-asking-what-did-you-do

Pennsylvania judge charged with shooting sleeping ex-boyfriend and asking 'what did you do?'
Judge Sonya McKnight was already accused of misconduct and shot another ex

Hmm... great choice by Democrats for justice Sarcasm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Can't see the content due to not having a subscription.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2024, 05:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Can't see the content due to not having a subscription.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/judge-charged-shooting-ex-boyfriend-head-tried-convincing-victim-shot-rcna139353

Quote:Pa. judge charged with shooting ex-boyfriend in the head; tried convincing victim he shot himself, police say

The victim, Michael McCoy, had attempted to end his relationship with Magisterial District Judge Sonya McKnight, according to a probable cause affidavit.

[Image: 240217-judge-sonya-mcknight-wm-203p-66806d.jpg]
Suspended District Judge Sonya McKnight leaves the Susquehanna Township Police Department on Thursday. The suspended magistrate judge shot her estranged boyfriend in the head as he slept last weekend, police said Thursday in filing attempted murder and aggravated assault charges against her.Sean Simmers / The Patriot-News via AP

Feb. 17, 2024, 5:28 PM EST

By Minyvonne Burke

A Pennsylvania judge who allegedly shot her ex-boyfriend in the head and then tried to convince him that he shot himself was charged with first-degree attempted murder and aggravated assault.

The shooting happened Feb. 10 at a home in Harrisburg after the victim, Michael McCoy, attempted to end his one-year relationship with Magisterial District Judge Sonya McKnight, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Susquehanna Township Police said McKnight called 911 to report that her boyfriend could not see and requested an ambulance come to the home. McKnight told the dispatcher that she did not know what happened because she was sleeping and woke up to him screaming, the affidavit states.

During an investigation, police say they learned that McCoy had tried numerous times to break up with McKnight. The affidavit states that at one point he took his key from McKnight but she used a spare to enter his home while he was at work.

On the evening of Feb. 9, McCoy told detectives that he came home from work and found McKnight sitting on his couch in pajamas. McCoy left the home to go to a local bar, the affidavit states.

Things were tense when McCoy returned home, according to the affidavit, and McKnight asked if they could talk but McCoy did not want to. McCoy told McKnight that he would enlist the help of her mother to get her out of his home.

“At this point Sonya McKnight responds, ‘Oh, You’re serious?’ Michael McCoy stated that it was like she finally understood that it was over,” the affidavit says.

McCoy then went to bed.

He told detectives that he was asleep for about an hour or two when he woke “up with massive head pain” and could not see.

“He begins screaming and he hears Sonya McKnight say, ‘Mike what did you do to yourself,’” the affidavit says.

Authorities said that McKnight allegedly tried to convince her ex-boyfriend that he had shot himself. McCoy repeatedly stated to police that he did not shoot himself, according to the document.

Detectives determined that McKnight’s interview with them “was found to be deceptive” and the gun used was registered to her, the affidavit alleges. A test conducted within an hour after the shooting also found gun residue on her hands, according to the affidavit.

McCoy, 54, suffered a single gunshot wound that entered near his right temple and exited near the left temple. Authorities said McCoy is now blind in his right eye, The Associated Press reported.

McKnight, 57, an elected judge in Dauphin County since 2016, was suspended without pay in mid-November by the Court of Judicial Discipline after she allegedly violated judicial probation from a previous misconduct case stemming from her alleged interference with the 2020 arrest of her son following a traffic stop, the AP reported. She was acquitted of criminal charges in that incident.

McKnight was also previously charged with shooting her estranged husband in 2019 after she allegedly invited him over to her home to help her move furniture, according to Pennlive.com. She was not charged in the case after it was ruled to be self-defense.

Minyvonne Burke
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
She tried to convince him that he shot himself? How does that sequence play out?

Her: I can't believe you shot yourself!

Him: I didn't shoot myself, you shot me.

Her: Yes, you did it. You broke my heart and forced me to squeeze the trigger...

Edit: On another note, I wonder how long before anyone that was convicted by her will be filing for mistrials??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
She's a gun owner AND she's got a mugshot AND she's got a sweatshirt on that declares that God is her refuge and fortress AND she's a black woman? She's got bi-partisan appeal a country this divided needs.
Reply/Quote
Don't see what political affiliation has to do with this. Or politics at all for that matter. This should be in Klostch.

There are wackadoo's everywhere regardless of gender, race or political affiliation.
Reply/Quote
I'm assuming given she is a judge that she has a law degree, which really says it all when it comes to her trying to convince her ex he shot himself.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2024, 06:19 PM)Stewy Wrote: Don't see what political affiliation has to do with this.  Or politics at all for that matter.  This should be in Klostch.

There are wackadoo's everywhere regardless of gender, race or political affiliation.

It doesn't, at all.  Luvnit, you really give your opponents ammunition (no pun intended) with these types of threads.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2024, 06:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm assuming given she is a judge that she has a law degree, which really says it all when it comes to her trying to convince her ex he shot himself.

I wonder how many billable hours she's going to charge him for.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2024, 07:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I wonder how many billable hours she's going to charge him for.

Hopefully enough to reimburse the State of PA for the cost of her incarceration, at least.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2024, 06:19 PM)Stewy Wrote: Don't see what political affiliation has to do with this.  Or politics at all for that matter.  This should be in Klostch.

She was elected (political). Sorry, your role model judge is a whacko
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2024, 08:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: She was elected (political). Sorry, your role model judge is a whacko

A few things, her being elected doesn't change the point.  Secondly, Stewy in no way held her up as a model judge in this thread, or any other (as an aside I think Stewy is one of our better posters, her doesn't post often, but when he does it's solid AF).  Don't be like the leftist mean girls here, be better.  Like I said, you're only giving them ammunition by doing so.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2024, 08:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A few things, her being elected doesn't change the point.  Secondly, Stewy in no way held her up as a model judge in this thread, or any other (as an aside I think Stewy is one of our better posters, her doesn't post often, but when he does it's solid AF).  Don't be like the leftist mean girls here, be better.  Like I said, you're only giving them ammunition by doing so.

Thanks for the kind words sir.   

Luvnit can't get over the fact that everyone that disagrees with him must be a far leftist, when in reality I'm a moderate Republican, and registered as such in Texas for 25 years.  He also doesn't like that I mock him for his political views, so I understand the hostility as I invite it.  I do enjoy the fact that I have him on ignore and never see his replies, unless someone quotes him.  Sort of a double win for me.

Back on topic - she's not my judge, as she is a dem and I am not.  I vote conservative, but not for Trump, ever.  And it's irrelevant, regardless, as I originally stated, since her crime has nothing to do with her political affiliation.  If she did the crime, she should do the time.  Period.
Reply/Quote
I did see a show where a guy was shot eight times while in the shower and the wife claimed suicide.

“Let’s try the left bicep. Nope still alive. How about the right forearm? Nope. I’ll gut shoot myself. Damn this hurts and it’s taking a lot of time. I’m gonna try both legs. Musta missed the femoral. That’s it. I’m putting three in my head.”

Did I mention it was a revolver so he had to reload?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 11:02 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I did see a show where a guy was shot eight times while in the shower and the wife claimed suicide.

“Let’s try the left bicep.  Nope still alive. How about the right forearm?  Nope. I’ll gut shoot myself. Damn this hurts and it’s taking a lot of time. I’m gonna try both legs. Musta missed the femoral. That’s it. I’m putting three in my head.”

Did that guy work for the Clintons?  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 01:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Did that guy work for the Clintons?  Ninja

[Image: 272069114.gif]

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 11:02 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I did see a show where a guy was shot eight times while in the shower and the wife claimed suicide.

“Let’s try the left bicep.  Nope still alive. How about the right forearm?  Nope. I’ll gut shoot myself. Damn this hurts and it’s taking a lot of time. I’m gonna try both legs. Musta missed the femoral. That’s it. I’m putting three in my head.”

Shooting one own self 8 times would be a much more impressive feat than killing a gopher with a stick.  Ninja

If he was using a .22 revolver, it might hold up to 10 rounds.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 01:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Shooting one own self 8 times would be a much more impressive feat than killing a gopher with a stick.  Ninja

If he was using a .22 revolver, it might hold up to 10 rounds.

No it was six. .38 I think.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote