Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Democratic Senator Menendez charged with bribery
Democratic Senator Menendez and his wife to be charged with bribery.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democratic-sen-bob-menendez-facing-indictment-bribery-charges

Another bad week for Democrats.

Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez facing indictment on bribery charges

New Jersey Democratic Senator Bob Menendez and his wife are under investigation for their allegedly corrupt relationship with New Jersey businessmen
Chris Pandolfo By Chris Pandolfo Fox News
Published September 22, 2023 9:41am EDT | Updated September 22, 2023 9:55am EDT
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 11:29 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Democratic Senator Menendez and his wife to be charged with bribery.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democratic-sen-bob-menendez-facing-indictment-bribery-charges

I think it was an excellent week for the Democrats. The Biden crime family’s biggest liability got off with a slap on the wrist this week. 
Reply/Quote
I saw this just a few minutes ago. Your thread title should have an "(again)" in it. At this point the guy should be expelled from Congress, trial or no. His last case ended in a hung jury mistrial, so it's not like he was acquitted. Dude is more crooked than his contemporaries, which is saying something.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 11:29 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Democratic Senator Menendez and his wife to be charged with bribery.

Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez facing indictment on bribery charges

New Jersey Democratic Senator Bob Menendez and his wife are under investigation for their allegedly corrupt relationship with New Jersey businessmen
Chris Pandolfo By Chris Pandolfo Fox News
Published September 22, 2023 9:41am EDT | Updated September 22, 2023 9:55am EDT

From what I've read he should step down or be removed.  Though he has not had his trial on this yet.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 01:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: From what I've read he should step down or be removed.  Though he has not had his trial on this yet.

I always say innocent until proven guilty. He will get his day in court (again).

The good news for Democratic cnotrolled senate is if Schumer convinces him to step down, NJ Democratic governor Murphy will name another Democrat to serve the rest of term.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 01:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I always say innocent until proven guilty. He will get his day in court (again).

The good news for Democratic cnotrolled senate is if Schumer convinces him to step down, NJ Democratic governor Murphy will name another Democrat to serve the rest of term.

I'm just glad this in the DOJ being weaponized.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
If he's a crook then put him in jail. and double his sentence because he had public responsabilities.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Wow. We need to defund and shut down the US government to stop this political prosecution.

See how stupid that sounds?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 01:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm just glad this in the DOJ being weaponized.  Ninja

Well, do you find it strange the FBI raided his house in June of 2022? But allowed him to run the foreign relations committee for 15 months prior to charging him?

Why now?

It appears to me the Biden DOJ decided to roll on Menendez to give the appearance they are not weaponized. The senator was compromised and my guess Biden was made aware in June of 2022 of the raid.

The Biden administration is great at. trying to fool everyone with magic. Just so happens next week starts the impeachment inquiry of Joe Biden. Don't believe me look it up, every time Biden is in the crosshairs they have indicted Trump (4 times) and now they are indicting a Democratic senator who was not a Biden policy lover, challenged him constantly.

Reply/Quote
Cool. Lock him up and bar him from any sort of public office. Wife and kids, too.

They've proven they only serve themselves and not the American people.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 10:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well, do you find it strange the FBI raided his house in June of 2022? But allowed him to run the foreign relations committee for 15 months prior to charging him?

Why now?

It appears to me the Biden DOJ decided to roll on Menendez to give the appearance they are not weaponized. The senator was compromised and my guess Biden was made aware in June of 2022 of the raid.

The Biden administration is great at. trying to fool everyone with magic. Just so happens next week starts the impeachment inquiry of Joe Biden. Don't believe me look it up, every time Biden is in the crosshairs they have indicted Trump (4 times) and now they are indicting a Democratic senator who was not a Biden policy lover, challenged him constantly.

Certainly not because investigations take actual time.  Ninja 

I guess you don't get the joke.

Life isn't a television show where they wrap it all up in a day or two played out in sixty minutes.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 08:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: Certainly not because investigations take actual time.  Ninja 

I guess you don't get the joke.

Life isn't a television show where they wrap it all up in a day or two played out in sixty minutes.

I am glad to see you feel investigations take time and realize the house committees have only been investigating Hunter Biden's business deals since January 2023. Their investigations are in the early stages, inquiry has not even started yet.

As for DOJ, I don't trust them and neither does 65% of the country.

In my humble opinion, they are either covering for Joe Biden or they are getting ready to use leverage on him to not run in 2024. In the end, it is the DOJ that has all the power to choose who and how they want to persecute a politician under the guise of prosecution. 

Joe had a very bad week on the world stage, I just can't see Joe Biden as  the 2024 nominee, I am sure the DOJ has a lot of what the committees have on Joe Biden, maybe more so I can see them telling a stubborn Joe Biden to step down or else.

Reply/Quote
First Trump, now Menendez. When will the weaponization of the DOJ against our every man politicians end?
Reply/Quote
Friendly reminder that on his way out, donald trump pardoned Dr. Salomon Melgen, “the Democratic donor and friend of Menendez who was convicted of defrauding elderly patients on Medicare and stood trial with Menendez in 2017, when the longtime friends faced corruption charges.
That ended in a mistrial, but Melgen was convicted in a separate federal case of 67 crimes that included health care fraud, submitting false claims and falsifying records in patients' files.

Prosecutors alleged Melgen stole $73 million from Medicare over several years by persuading elderly patients to undergo unnecessary eye treatments. Melgen was sentenced to 17 years in prison.”

Trump pardoned him after Menendez asked him to.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 09:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wow. We need to defund and shut down the US government to stop this political prosecution.

See how stupid that sounds?

Stupid? This is what WEAPONIZED government REALLY looks like.
Fake news says Menendez had gold bars and a Mercedes too.
Sheeple will believe whatever they say,

Gaetz withdrew thousands of dollars from his bank account last week too,
but the right wing press is totally silent about that. 

FBI has clearly sided with the GOP now.
But there'll be a reckoning when Dems get the House back. 
Reply/Quote
Some people's attempts to obfuscate from the actual topic of the thread aside, Menendez has adamantly refused to resign.

https://apnews.com/article/senator-bob-menendez-indictment-bribery-f0bce07879c45fb8783f1e61f6d867a3

Setting aside that the Feds only indict if they are sure they can win, this isn't Menendez's first radio. He's already got one mistrial for a Junior Soprano style hung jury on eerily similar charges. Menendez should be expelled from the Senate. The Senate is not a criminal court, there is no need to let that process play out, likely with another hung jury. Put your money were your mouth is an expel him. I say that in full awareness that the governor of NJ will appoint another Dem to the position.
Reply/Quote
Democrats and the weaponized DOJ love to play pick out the object under the moving ball. Garland had a rough day getting hammered on the hill, then 2 days later, Menendez who was raided in June 2022 (Trump was raided and then charged within months), but only now they decide the timing is right to charge him. The DOJ and Joe Biden's goal is simple, take heat away from Joe Biden's bribery accusation,

Menendez is just the latest hide the ball action to cover for Biden. Look at Menendez, this is real bribery. Sarcasm

Reply/Quote
this is what a poll should look like when a politician is indicted for corruption, fraud, conspiracy.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 12:56 PM)pally Wrote: this is what a poll should look like when a politician is indicted for corruption, fraud, conspiracy.

Something something both parties something something.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 12:56 PM)pally Wrote: this is what a poll should look like when a politician is indicted for corruption, fraud, conspiracy.

Upsetting he's still polling at 10%, but I suppose every political party has its share of complete fools.

Some more than others.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote