Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Democratic Squad Member pulls fire alarm
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/squad-dem-jamaal-bowman-offers-bizarre-response-pulling-fire-alarm-open-door

This is just sad. He should be treated just like anyone who entered the capital building on Jan.6. He is on tape, but lies and said he mistakes the fire alarm for a door.
According to Axios, Bowman told reporters that he thought the alarm would open the door. Rep. Mike Lawler (R-N.Y.) told Fox News that the situation was "absolutely outrageous" and "potentially criminal."

"That any member of Congress would think it's appropriate to pull a fire alarm to try and delay Congress from doing its business is shameful," Lawler said. "It's unbecoming. And he should strongly consider resigning from Congress if he did that."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2023, 06:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/squad-dem-jamaal-bowman-offers-bizarre-response-pulling-fire-alarm-open-door

This is just sad. He should be treated just like anyone who entered the capital building on Jan.6. He is on tape, but lies and said he mistakes the fire alarm for a door.
According to Axios, Bowman told reporters that he thought the alarm would open the door. Rep. Mike Lawler (R-N.Y.) told Fox News that the situation was "absolutely outrageous" and "potentially criminal."

"That any member of Congress would think it's appropriate to pull a fire alarm to try and delay Congress from doing its business is shameful," Lawler said. "It's unbecoming. And he should strongly consider resigning from Congress if he did that."

so charge him....no one is trying to come up with excuses for pulling the alarm like they do for Jan 6 defendants

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2023, 07:24 PM)pally Wrote: so charge him....no one is trying to come up with excuses for pulling the alarm like they do for Jan 6 defendants

I have never defended the Jan. 6th defendants. My issue is BLM burned down cities, looted and ruined black businesses, yet they never were prosecuted in liberal cities. 

Now we get to see if the capital police are biased political hacks or real police. Guy is on tape, he should resign and go to jail.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
LOL that was amusing! New way to stop a vote! As if there isn't already enough ways to stop a vote.
Reply/Quote
Oh there is a thread on this.

What a tool bag. Lol
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Turns out he was in the Cannon Office Building not the Capitol itself. If his intention was the delay the vote, it wouldn’t have. He said he thought that would open the emergency exit he was attempting to use

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 01:39 AM)pally Wrote: Turns out he was in the Cannon Office Building not the Capitol itself.  If his intention was the delay the vote, it wouldn’t have.  He said he thought that would open the emergency exit he was attempting to use

LOL still hilarious, I'm sure it was red and marked in big bold letters, Pull in case of fire. Not pull in case  you are late and need to vote.
Reply/Quote
He should be charged no differently than anyone else would.

And if he is one of the 'Squad' so to speak, I do believe he is being honest about it because not many could mistake a fire alarm for literally anything else.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2023, 07:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have never defended the Jan. 6th defendants. My issue is BLM burned down cities, looted and ruined black businesses, yet they never were prosecuted in liberal cities. 

Now we get to see if the capital police are biased political hacks or real police. Guy is on tape, he should resign and go to jail.

"never" doing an awful lot of heavy lifting there...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
https://x.com/repbowman/status/1708299648782262656?s=46&t=0fdWHkAtFeOeT5pnvxEBSA

He’s either INCREDIBLY stupid and shouldn’t be in a governing body or a criminal. One, the other, or both?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: "never" doing an awful lot of heavy lifting there...

No heavier than an 65” LCD Samsung-oh never mind.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2023, 07:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have never defended the Jan. 6th defendants. My issue is BLM burned down cities, looted and ruined black businesses, yet they never were prosecuted in liberal cities. 

If you were a more patriotic MAGA, you'd have been there trying to overthrow the government for the mighty Trump.  

Instead, you're here spamming a message board with articles anyone can read on any fringe conservative site with minor effort, with a special 7th grade spin added.  

Everyone fights in there own way.

Maybe you could post something a bit more representative of the moment:

Weak MAGA House Speaker Gets Bent By Geriatric President While Extremist House Caucus Has Collective Meltdown.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 10:26 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: https://x.com/repbowman/status/1708299648782262656?s=46&t=0fdWHkAtFeOeT5pnvxEBSA

He’s either INCREDIBLY stupid and shouldn’t be in a governing body or a criminal. One, the other, or both?

The man was a school principal (which raises further concerns, but I digress).  He's been in charge of numerous fire drills.  Even ignoring the fact that the red box is clearly labeled FIRE, his claim of ignorance is beyond inane.  It's an excuse a stupid person would make because they would buy it themselves.  He should be expelled from Congress in disgrace and this should not be a partisan issue.
Reply/Quote

What city did BLM burn down? Funny, I don't remember anything about a city being burned down. 

Maybe it was Tusla in 1921.
No. That was Black Wall Street. 

Stop making things up. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 12:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The man was a school principal (which raises further concerns, but I digress).  He's been in charge of numerous fire drills.  Even ignoring the fact that the red box is clearly labeled FIRE, his claim of ignorance is beyond inane.  It's an excuse a stupid person would make because they would buy it themselves.  He should be expelled from Congress in disgrace and this should not be a partisan issue.

If we expelled members of Congress for doing moronic things there would be no one left in Congress.

Wait, I'm on board. Let's do this.

In all seriousness, if they did vote to expel him for this then there would have to be votes on Boebert and some others. The GOP won't open that can of worms.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 02:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If we expelled members of Congress for doing moronic things there would be no one left in Congress.

Wait, I'm on board. Let's do this.

In all seriousness, if they did vote to expel him for this then there would have to be votes on Boebert and some others. The GOP won't open that can of worms.

You'll get no argument from me about how stupid Boebert and Greene are.  But this is next level BS.  I see literally no comparison to anything anyone else has done and this.  Dude needs to go.
Reply/Quote
He's an idiot. Definitely.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 02:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You'll get no argument from me about how stupid Boebert and Greene are.  But this is next level BS.  I see literally no comparison to anything anyone else has done and this.  Dude needs to go.

I don't know. I mean, this was stupid and he should face punishment, but I really don't see it as any worse than some of the other behaviors we have been seeing out of Congress, lately. We are talking about a misdemeanor offense which Boebert, if charged for her theater incident, could also be guilty of a similar level offense. I just think the GOP leadership will be very hesitant to start throwing stones in that glass house of theirs.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 03:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't know. I mean, this was stupid and he should face punishment, but I really don't see it as any worse than some of the other behaviors we have been seeing out of Congress, lately. We are talking about a misdemeanor offense which Boebert, if charged for her theater incident, could also be guilty of a similar level offense. I just think the GOP leadership will be very hesitant to start throwing stones in that glass house of theirs.

Dude, you are seriously trying to equate Boebert acting a fool at a public theatre to a congressperson literally pulling a fire alarm to delay a vote?  It's not even in the same ballpark, to quote Jules, it's not even the same effing sport.  I'm honestly shocked that you'd even try and equate the two.  

Also, on a football related note, we literally have the worst coached team in the NFL.  Pop warner level at best.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 03:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dude, you are seriously trying to equate Boebert acting a fool at a public theatre to a congressperson literally pulling a fire alarm to delay a vote?  It's not even in the same ballpark, to quote Jules, it's not even the same effing sport.  I'm honestly shocked that you'd even try and equate the two.  

I am saying that there is enough there to charge both with misdemeanor offenses of a similar severity given what we have seen. You are making assumptions about motives for Jamaal Bowman, but those are just assumptions. I think that if we are going to expel members of Congress for misdemeanor criminal offenses then it should apply evenly across the board and there will be many who would say the same thing in Congress, which is why this will not amount to anything. On its face, right now, with the available evidence, Bowman did nothing more severe than Boebert or any other member of Congress who has committed a misdemeanor offense.

Edit: Just for the sake of discussion, here are the things that have risen to the level of Congressional expulsion: felony bribery convictions, siding with the Confederate States of America, and trying to start a war between different tribes and Spain out west to try to let Great Britain obtain land. The bribery convictions were two people, one in 1980 and one in 2002, and the other non-Civil War one was in 1797.

Reply/Quote