Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Democratic delimma after the debate
(07-01-2024, 05:14 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So many arm chair doctors.

Is nobody going to talk about how Trump said 0 truths and answered just as many questions in a reasonable manner?

This is why nobody takes you seriously. You are just an angry person. He told a lot of truths. I noticed you didn't mention Bidens lies tho. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2024, 06:22 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: If this is the ticket, I'm not voting for POTUS this year, period.

Don't throw your vote away. You can write in a candidate. Hell, write in HarleyDog. 
Reply/Quote
Probably only about the SCOTUS decision, but Biden will speak at 7:45 tonight.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2024, 12:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Eh, I wouldn't call Trump's debate 'great', but he certainly had a much better night than Joe Biden.

(07-01-2024, 12:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Both candidates had a bad debate. Except Bidens was so bad, it overshadowed anything Trump did. 

(07-01-2024, 12:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Biden's performance was so bad he made sweaty Nixon look as charismatic as Ryan Reynolds.  Trump would have had to take a dump on the stage to top it.  That said, Trump didn't exactly shine either.  As for Biden stepping aside, I'm getting the sense that he's stubbornly going to stick it out.  Which makes you wonder who's really calling the shots right now, because it sure isn't Biden.

It's a testament to how bad Biden was that Trump's performance has essentially been forgotten. The fact that these two men are our "only options" (yes, you can technically vote third party, but that would be tantamount to just not voting) is truly depressing.

Biden won't step aside and I don't think he should either. There's no one in the Democratic party that is charismatic enough to make up for the devastating blow replacing your candidate after a bad debate would do to the perceived legitimacy of the DNC.

If they were going to replace Biden, they should have started that process a year and a half ago and allowed Biden to retire and walk off into the sunset with his handpicked replacement taking the reigns (and not Kamala).
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2024, 07:23 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Probably only about the SCOTUS decision, but Biden will speak at 7:45 tonight.

Nationally? Is everyone covering it?
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2024, 07:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nationally? Is everyone covering it?
I'm not certain. I'm at work and only seen it on Twitter.

Edit: I just went back and looked. It says he's addressing the nation, so expect full coverage.

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2024, 07:45 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: It says he's addressing the nation, so expect full coverage.

No doubt Biden will say to respect the decision of the highest court in the land.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2024, 07:23 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Probably only about the SCOTUS decision, but Biden will speak at 7:45 tonight.

Hopefully he is allowed some dignity and steps aside to allow Kamala to take up the mantle of POTUS.

It is the only humane play that shows the party still has a soul.
Reply/Quote
Let’s remember that Trump’s performance was normal Trump. It was exactly what you would expect from him, so those who like him will continue to like him, and those who don’t won’t.

And I can say I think Biden has dementia just as I can say I think someone is guilty of a crime before the trial. I am not an official whose opinion on someone’s mental health matters, just as I’m not a juror.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
All we hear from Democrats is Trump is a threat to Democracy. But then they go after the Supreme Court when decisions are made according to the constitution the left disagrees. AOC said she is going to impeach members of the SC, again thought the left was saving Democracy.

The left went after a political opponent using our DOJ. The SC is the law of the land, always will be.

Biden attacks the SC. Again, why does Biden feel it is OK to attack the Supreme Court, but Trump is a threat to democracy if he attacks a low-level stage judge in NY.

Everything Democrats accuse Trump and the GOP of doing or MAY DO IN THE FUTURE, they are doing it now.

The latest polling shows Biden is a bigger threat to Democracy than Trump. The Democrats actions in the past 8 years earned them a failing grade on protecting our Democracy.

If they dump Biden, one more time Democrats will hurt Democracy. I don't believe a major party has dumped a POTUS candidate after they won all of. the delegates in every state.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2024, 09:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Let’s remember that Trump’s performance was normal Trump.  It was exactly what you would expect from him, so those who like him will continue to like him, and those who don’t won’t.

And I can say I think Biden has dementia just as I can say I think someone is guilty of a crime before the trial. I am not an official whose opinion on someone’s mental health matters, just as I’m not a juror.

Was it vintage Trump on the debate stage last week? I say not close. Trump was calm and in control the entire debate. Biden was dazed and confused by Trump jabs; Trump did not need a power punch to knock Joe out.

Read through some of the threads, many on the left said Trump would be triggered and would not be able to ignore Biden's punches. I saw what I have seen for the last 12 months, a powerful leader who stayed away from the petty stuff. Biden attempted to discredit Trump with rehearsed lines. The problem for Biden was he was not sharp enough to deliver the lines correctly or at times his mind just wandered around, he looked dazed, confused and old.

People on the left want to discredit Trump's performance, but the reality is Trump was confident, quick on his feet and showed empathy. He showed empathy for gold star families who lost their lives in Afghanistan. The standard far left tactic of calling Trump a liar is not working. Joe Biden said at least 2 of. the biggest lies of the night, one on the death of the soldiers (what a disgrace to ignore their deaths to attempt to score political point. Another was he saved Medicare, when the fact is Medicare Advantage is being cut by Biden costing senior citizens a lot of money beginning in November 2024.

President Joe Biden wants to cut Medicare Advantage - Washington Examiner

President Joe Biden wants to cut Medicare Advantage

By
Ryan Ellis
Joe Biden might go down in history as our most irresponsible president when it comes to the long-term fiscal crisis faced by Medicare, Social Security, and other entitlements.

Whereas President Donald Trump simply passed on the issue entirely, Biden has chosen to lie about it actively, accusing Republicans of wanting to cut the programs on the slimmest of evidence. Meanwhile, Biden himself is proposing a Medicare cut inside the Medicare Advantage program, the form of Medicare that nearly half of seniors have enrolled in.

That’s not to say we don’t need to lower the cost growth of Medicare and the other entitlements — we obviously do if we’re going to avoid the programs going bankrupt in a few years. So say both CBO and the Medicare actuaries. But it takes some gall for Biden to make a State of the Union speech falsely accusing Republicans of wanting to cut (eliminate, actually) Medicare when the only one who has proposed to do so is Biden himself.

Medicare Advantage is not the place where we should be looking to save pennies on the dollar within Medicare. Rather, it should be the model toward which the rest of Medicare should be moving, with some additional reforms that will prevent program collapse or massive tax increases.

Medicare Advantage was created back in 2003 as an alternative way for seniors to get their Medicare benefits. Instead of enrolling in traditional Medicare with Part A (hospital insurance) and Part B (doctor’s office insurance), with the need to buy a “Medigap” policy to cover what Medicare doesn’t, seniors could get their benefits through Medicare Advantage instead. This option allowed a health insurer to offer a comprehensive package of benefits similar to what seniors can obtain in Part A, Part B, and Medigap combined. In addition, they could offer a prescription drug plan (Part D), something traditional Medicare enrollees could only get a la carte.

Health insurers were free to design plans in all sorts of innovative ways and to compete with each other for business from seniors. A retiree might prefer a plan with a really high monthly premium that covers everything. His neighbor might be more comfortable with a plan that has a lower premium and higher deductible, which exposes her to higher out-of-pocket costs throughout the year. Yet another senior might want to make sure she gets first-dollar hospital coverage but is OK with higher costs to go to the doctor. The point is enrollees can pick the plan annually that makes the most sense for them.

Younger seniors have taken to Medicare Advantage since it looks much more like the private sector health insurance they have just exited from in the working world. And what’s not to like? Besides the premiums that come out of a Social Security benefit, Medicare Advantage plan enrollees pay an average additional premium of $18 per month. There are out-of-pocket limits and coverage for things traditional Medicare doesn’t touch. And if a plan isn’t working, seniors can pick a new one every year.

Medicare Advantage should be the model upon which Medicare reform is built. For one thing, it’s on the verge of being Medicare for a majority of enrollees, so it’s a natural place to start.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2024, 07:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don't throw your vote away. You can write in a candidate. Hell, write in HarleyDog. 

Done!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2024, 07:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This is why nobody takes you seriously. You are just an angry person. He told a lot of truths. I noticed you didn't mention Bidens lies tho. 

Tell you what - I'll start posting in good faith when everyone else starts doing the same.

Until then, I'll keep fighting fire with fire.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2024, 10:47 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Tell you what - I'll start posting in good faith when everyone else starts doing the same.

Until then, I'll keep fighting fire with fire.

You really think everyone here is posting in bad faith?  I would agree that there are some who come here to tweak others, but they are certainly not the majority.  Not even close.

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2024, 11:33 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You really think everyone here is posting in bad faith?  I would agree that there are some who come here to tweak others, but they are certainly not the majority.  Not even close.

I started to post the same message. 
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2024, 11:58 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I started to post the same message. 

It's honestly sad how many people literally cannot hear a differing viewpoint without being upset by it or taking it personally.  Most of that "bad faith" perception comes from that IMO.

Reply/Quote
Biden says “No one is pushing me out.”

https://x.com/gabegutierrez/status/1808558625327362415?s=46&t=0fdWHkAtFeOeT5pnvxEBSA
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2024, 04:56 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Biden says “No one is pushing me out.”

https://x.com/gabegutierrez/status/1808558625327362415?s=46&t=0fdWHkAtFeOeT5pnvxEBSA

Ahhh yes. Good ole Jill is at him again. Looks like Hunter will be running the country for the next few months.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2024, 04:56 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Biden says “No one is pushing me out.”

(07-03-2024, 04:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ahhh yes. Good ole Jill is at him again. Looks like Hunter will be running the country for the next few months.

He won't be pushed out, he'll have a "change of heart."  Everything points to it, the "leaked" poll that shows him underwater everywhere.  His standing firm is just building plausible deniability that this was the plan all along and has been for years.  They even refused to have a primary so none of their candidates could damage each other.  This way they can slip in a "reluctant" candidate with a basically clean slate, at least nationally.  The Democratic party is playing the US electorate for fools in a manner far more sinister and cynical than anything the GOP has been accused of, maybe ever.

They hid that we had a dementia riddled POTUS for year and expect us to the believe he's been great right up to that debate?  Sleazy isn't even the word for it.

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2024, 07:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: They hid that we had a dementia riddled POTUS for year and expect us to the believe he's been great right up to that debate?  Sleazy isn't even the word for it.

Left, right, and center should ALL be livid about what the “They” in your post have done.
Haven’t seen much outrage on here, or at all, about it outside of one of those three.
Reply/Quote