Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Democrats Hate Just To Hate!
(01-10-2019, 09:34 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I know they cut him

He was a kid and he was sorry? Defending a man punching a woman is a bad look, dude. 

YOU DEFENDED RAY RICE KNOCKING OUT A WOMAN! YOU’RE THE BIGGEST HYPOCRITE ON THIS BOARD!!

I, however, am not defending Mixon’s actions, but he was a young man that made a mistake while provoked and was so ashamed and remorseful that he was brought to tears.

Provoked or not, it was still wrong, but it’s obviously not indicative of the person he is.
(01-10-2019, 04:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: YOU DEFENDED RAY RICE KNOCKING OUT A WOMAN! YOU’RE THE BIGGEST HYPOCRITE ON THIS BOARD!!

I, however, am not defending Mixon’s actions, but he was a young man that made a mistake while provoked and was so ashamed and remorseful that he was brought to tears.

Provoked or not, it was still wrong, but it’s obviously not indicative of the person he is.

When you put qualifiers in like this after saying "I am not doing x," it's a pretty good indicator that you are doing that thing. Just a helpful tip.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-10-2019, 06:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: When you put qualifiers in like this after saying "I am not doing x," it's a pretty good indicator that you are doing that thing. Just a helpful tip.

That might make sense if you ignore the rest of my post, which you clearly did.
(01-10-2019, 06:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That might make sense if you ignore the rest of my post, which you clearly did.

No, I did not. What you're doing is similar to when people go "I'm not a racist, but (racist commentary)." You're just trying to make yourself feel better about a shitty choice you made. It's cool, we all do it. We love to justify our actions so that we wrap ourselves in a cozy blanket of "I'm not doing something wrong" when the reality is different.

It's better if you own up to it and say "I am willing to give more benefit of the doubt to a player for a team I support when it comes to things like domestic violence." That is what you're doing, after all. Justify it however you like to make yourself feel better.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-10-2019, 04:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: YOU DEFENDED RAY RICE KNOCKING OUT A WOMAN! YOU’RE THE BIGGEST HYPOCRITE ON THIS BOARD!!

False, I was one of the first to call for him to be cut. You've repeated this lie about me many times and have been called out for it by others. 

Quote:I, however, am not defending Mixon’s actions, but he was a young man that made a mistake while provoked and was so ashamed and remorseful that he was brought to tears. 

They both hit a woman and knocked them out. You call one a "woman beater" and say the other isn't because he was "ashamed".

That's excusing his behavior. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
It's almost as if Ray Rice has been kneeling during the anthem around here...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Two things:

WTF are we talking about Mixon and Rice in PnR?

Pat was quick to condemn Rice after the video.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-10-2019, 08:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Two things:

I was being a dick and compared extreme partisanship to football fans who defend guys who hit women on their team but not on other teams. 

(01-10-2019, 08:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: False, I was one of the first to call for him to be cut. You've repeated this lie about me many times and have been called out for it by others. 

You need to clarify because I've never been called out by stating the facts about what you did.

FACT:  You were the first one to call for him to be cut AFTER THE SECOND VIDEO CAME OUT.

However, the REAL FACT:  After the first video was released, you defended him and the team not cutting him because you claimed that perhaps  there was another reason she was suddenly unconscious after they were fighting.  It would be a very large stretch to imagine that she fell or something and was just knocked out that way, but believing in Santa is more likely than to say claim you believe that he didn't knock her out after they were fighting and it's just a coincidence that she happened to fall or something and get knocked out.

Please try and argue that because that's exactly what happened!

Did you forget that there were two videos?

(01-10-2019, 08:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They both hit a woman and knocked them out. You call one a "woman beater" and say the other isn't because he was "ashamed".

That's excusing his behavior. 
Once again, I'm not excusing his behavior, and it's not ok, but he was ashamed and also provoked, which you left out because it doesn't fit your agenda.

He also didn't knock her out, which is typical of your empty rhetoric because you have nothing of any substance to defend the fact that you defended a woman beater.

Once again, not after the first video.  He only condemned him after the second video was released to try and cover his tracks.

If he wasn't trying to defend him after the first video, then why won't he answer my question about what else could possibly have happened to her that would have knocked her out?
(01-10-2019, 09:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He also didn't knock her out, 

Your boner with lying about me is noted. You can continue to say whatever you want, but it's nice to see people back me up, even some who I often disagree with.

I had to address this, though. You realize he broke her ***** jaw, cheekbone, and eye socket, right? I'm glad you're downplaying that brutality because "he didn't knock her out".

Please stay away from women. This conversation is over.

(01-10-2019, 10:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Your boner with lying about me is noted. You can continue to say whatever you want, but it's nice to see people back me up, even some who I often disagree with.

I had to address this, though. You realize he broke her ***** jaw, cheekbone, and eye socket, right? I'm glad you're downplaying that brutality because "he didn't knock her out".

Please stay away from women. This conversation is over.

I love that you can't even defend the fact that you're a liar.
So just to recap this epic thread.

Democrats hate just to hate and Republicans don't.

Ray Rice is a woman beater and Joe Mixon isn't.

And there is no personal bias in either one of those statements.

Theadend?

Maybe they’re both Democrats? Confused