Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Democrats Pass Another Bill Forcing People
To attend drag shows.

Oh wait. I’m being told no such thing exists?

So don’t fricking go if you don’t want to see a drag show. And how about shutting the f*** up about it. Because I’m sick of hearing about it. You would think there was a drag show on every street corner and attendance was mandatory with all the crying from the GOP.
Reply/Quote
I'm not a real theater buff, but I went to see a production of Cabaret today since my wife is playing in the orchestra for it.  There were men dressed as women, women dressed as men...all that stuff.  I sat there the whole time thinking about how many conservatives I was triggering by being there.  I could feel their butthurt butts being butthurt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm a conservative Republican. The government should not be even promoting anything offensive to me. You hear people say when they promote Christian values it is wrong so why all the uproar on something that offends me? I get it. The media and society agrees with the Dems and all others are wrong. God will handle this.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:16 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm a conservative Republican. The government should not be even promoting anything offensive to me.

That's a bit of a contradiction though, since only thin-skinned liberal snowflakes get offended.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:16 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm a conservative Republican. The government should not be even promoting anything offensive to me. You hear people say when they promote Christian values it is wrong so why all the uproar on something that offends me? I get it. The media and society agrees with the Dems and all others are wrong. God will handle this.

I read this like six times and have no clue what thought you are trying to convey.  
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:38 AM)samhain Wrote: I read this like six times and have no clue what thought you are trying to convey.  

I'm offended by Dems promoting gay lifestyles, abortion, etc. Where is my pursuit of happiness?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:52 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm offended by Dems promoting gay lifestyles, abortion, etc. Where is my pursuit of happiness?

Probably somewhere in the Middle East or Africa where one can find countries where homosexuality and abortion are illegal.
Reply/Quote
Republicans would have no problem with “drag” shows if they were performed by women wearing the exact same costumes singing the same songs and telling the same jokes. They seemingly have no issue with women performing wearing male attire. What is it about men in what is perceived to be women’s clothing that offends them so much? It is the same thing with transgendered people. All their pearl clutching is saved for trans women you never hear them talk about trans men.
It’s like somehow someone not conforming to conservatives ideal of masculinity reflects on their personal masculinity and therefore must be cancelled. If THEY don’t approve of something it cannot be allowed.

How does some being gay or having an abortion, neither of which is “promoted” by the government impede your path to happiness. If you don’t believe in abortion don’t have one. If you don’t believe in homosexuality don’t have a homosexual relationship. Just don’t make it your business to interfere with someone else’s life. It doesn’t affect you.

What DOES affect my life, happiness, and sense of safety, is the out of control gun culture heavily promoted by the previous administration and by many government officials. Can we please end that. More lives by far and away have been ruined by gun violence than by drag queens.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:52 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm offended by Dems promoting gay lifestyles, abortion, etc. Where is my pursuit of happiness?

I can’t ever remember that quote. How’s it go? I have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and I get to tell other people who offend me how to live their lives, I can restrict their liberties, and tell them how they should be pursuing happiness.

Something like that
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:16 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm a conservative Republican. The government should not be even promoting anything offensive to me. You hear people say when they promote Christian values it is wrong so why all the uproar on something that offends me? I get it. The media and society agrees with the Dems and all others are wrong. God will handle this.

Christian values like mocking a man who lost 3 bets and telling him to bet again ? 

Strange bible you have there. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote

I'm an anabaptist Christian, member of a peace church. I'm offended by our government being involved in military conflicts. I'm offended by the criminal justice system because it is God's job alone to judge man.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:38 AM)samhain Wrote: I read this like six times and have no clue what thought you are trying to convey.  

same here, and am an Independant 
I agree with a previous post; if its offensive to anyone just DONT GO! 
Not my cup of tea but if someone likes it why should we care?
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:45 PM)kalibengal Wrote: same here, and am an Independant 
I agree with a previous post; if its offensive to anyone just DONT GO! 
Not my cup of tea but if someone likes it why should we care?

I have always fallen into the "turn the channel if you don't like it" group.

The gop/right/conservatives want to "protect" children from their parents exposing them to "deviant" behavior.  (Unless your in Wyoming where you can marry your daughter off at any age...but that's a different argument since marriage is a good, christian, moral thing...I guess.)

Think of their hatred of drag queens to how the left talks about the Nazis and white nationalists on the right.

I do not remember the left trying to pass legislation to ban children from attending them though.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote

So you are attracted both to men and women and make a choice to go with women ? 

You are gay or you are not, this is not a choice and it doesn't need to be promoted or cancelled. 

It's just accepting people the way God made them. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote

I think we hear people (since Thomas Jefferson and the Establishment Clause) say our government promoting any specific religion is wrong. 

The corollary to that is that government allows people to pursue their individual interests/values/religions, so long as they do not materially harm others. We do not tolerate some views because they DO materially harm others--e.g., we can't sacrifice virgins in religious rituals or publicly support the Islamic State, or refuse to serve black people at lunch counters. 

It is neither the job of government, nor possible, to ban everything that is offensive to anyone. 

The real issue is whether we want to live in a liberal democracy. If we do then we tolerate the "offense" of differing viewpoints when we honor the right to freedom of speech and assembly. E.g., conservative Christians may publicly protest against gay rights, even to the point of celebrating the deaths of American soldiers, though gay citizens may find that offensive.

Over the last two decades, some confusion has arisen over the purpose of our form of government, some groups wanting it to represent not "the People," but their particular (often ANTI-democratic) ethinic/religious group. 
Reply/Quote

People choose to be offended, from what I'm told by my pals on the right.
Reply/Quote