Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Democrats set votes to protect same-sex marriage and contraception
(07-21-2022, 06:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: See, this is where the pro-life side really goes off the rails IMO.  I can fully understand being opposed to abortion.  No matter how some people try and sanitize it, you are literally killing a developing human being.  But when you start lumping in contraception with this argument you lose me completely.  Being against contraception and abortion is like being against firefighters and arsonists.

if you're anti-abortion you also have to be anti-contraception or you're not really pro-life. both things are ways to interfere with the natural process of human reproduction. both prevent human life from taking place, which is directly against God and nature.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 06:34 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: if you're anti-abortion you also have to be anti-contraception or you're not really pro-life. both things are ways to interfere with the natural process of human reproduction. both prevent human life from taking place, which is directly against God and nature.

And that's where your argument goes off the rails completely.  I don't care what your religion thinks about this anymore than I care about a Jewish, Muslim or Mormon person's religion does.  We reside in a secular nation and under no circumstances should anyone's religion be used as an argument for, or against any law or course of action.  Also, your argument would extend to male masturbation or pulling out prior to ejaculation and I'm willing to bet heavy money you've done both in your lifetime.  Not that it would change the point at all if you haven't. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 06:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: And that's where your argument goes off the rails completely.  I don't care what your religion thinks about this anymore than I care about a Jewish, Muslim or Mormon person's religion does.  We reside in a secular nation and under no circumstances should anyone's religion be used as an argument for, or against any law or course of action.  Also, your argument would extend to male masturbation or pulling out prior to ejaculation and I'm willing to bet heavy money you've done both in your lifetime.  Not that it would change the point at all if you haven't. 

you do realize america is mostly Christians right? how can you say our arguments don't count? the supreme court is allowing more religion back into what used to be so called secular things. being secular doesn't give anything authority and thank God the supreme court seems to finally be realizing that and returning to the right side of things. this is a Christian nation and to say we should have our voices heard loud and clear.
Reply/Quote
i wanna say this to and not trying to russle any tailfeathers, by it gets tiring to keep hearing people tell you your religion doesn't matter in deciding laws and stuff, especially when things go against everything we think is moral and righteous. people would like to not have lots of laws so they could do what they want, but we have them because know in our hearts what is right and wrong and that can't happen from a secular idea of things.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 06:56 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: you do realize america is mostly Christians right?

I'm starting to think you're an alter for someone who's trying to make conservatives look bad, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for a bit more.  If The US was 100% Christian it wouldn't change my position on this subject, nor that of the Framers who were vehemently opposed to even a whiff of religion in government.

Quote:how can you say our arguments don't count?

Are you saying a Christian person is incapable of making a point that isn't derived from their religion?  Again, the Framers would like a word with you.

Quote:the supreme court is allowing more religion back into what used to be so called secular things.

No, they really aren't, although I am intrigued that you're repeating a left wing talking point.  Preventing a coach from being fired or reprimanded for praying before or after a game in the middle of the field is simply ruling that he has a right to do so under the secular 1st Amendment.  

Quote:being secular doesn't give anything authority

Jesus specifically stated to "render unto Caesar".  So now you're in direct opposition to Jesus Christ.  That doesn't sound very Christian to me.

Quote:and thank God the supreme court seems to finally be realizing that and returning to the right side of things. this is a Christian nation and to say we should have our voices heard loud and clear.

Except they aren't and you haven't offered any proof that they are.  You have offered proof that you, 1. don't understand the US Constitution or the men who drafted it, and 2. that you don't seem to understand the religion you profess to follow.  
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 07:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm starting to think you're an alter for someone who's trying to make conservatives look bad, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for a bit more.  If The US was 100% Christian it wouldn't change my position on this subject, nor that of the Framers who were vehemently opposed to even a whiff of religion in government.

Are you saying a Christian person is incapable of making a point that isn't derived from their religion?  Again, the Framers would like a word with you.

No, they really aren't, although I am intrigued that you're repeating a left wing talking point.  Preventing a coach from being fired or reprimanded for praying before or after a game in the middle of the field is simply ruling that he has a right to do so under the secular 1st Amendment.  

Jesus specifically stated to "render unto Caesar".  So now you're in direct opposition to Jesus Christ.  That doesn't sound very Christian to me.

Except they aren't and you haven't offered any proof that they are.  You have offered proof that you, 1. don't understand the US Constitution or the men who drafted it, and 2. that you don't seem to understand the religion you profess to follow.  

by render to ceasar, Jesus was saying to pay the tax, but to focus on God's image in us all, and not the image ceasar on the coin. its more important to please God than man.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 07:27 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: by render to ceasar, Jesus was saying to pay the tax, but to focus on God's image in us all, and not the image ceasar on the coin. its more important to please God than man.

I.e. obey secular authority.  Kind of checkmated yourself here.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 07:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm starting to think you're an alter for someone who's trying to make conservatives look bad, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for a bit more.  If The US was 100% Christian it wouldn't change my position on this subject, nor that of the Framers who were vehemently opposed to even a whiff of religion in government.

I literally said this last month.  It's 100% someone from this board.  Dude made an all white All Time NBA Team.  It's sad, really.  

This forum has turned into reddit.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 07:47 PM)basballguy Wrote: I literally said this last month.  It's 100% someone from this board.  Dude made an all white All Time NBA Team.  It's sad, really.  

This forum has turned into reddit.  

it was a list of favorite players, why would it matter what color they are. some people had all african american players. nothing wrong with that either. it's whoever your favorites are. i can't believe the reaction people have if you don't fall in line and agree with what they think you should think. your right about it being like reddit cause that's exactly how it is there.. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 05:56 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: things like abortion and contraceptin aren't health care. those are things people just decide they want to do. expect an emergency abortion to save a life. the states should decide if they want to allow it or not. no reason for federal govt to get involved.

Spoken like someone who doesn't have a uterus, can't get pregnant, and doesn't have monthly menstrual cycles.  For 100s of thousands of women, birth control is used for reasons other than preventing pregnancy.  Pregnancy can KILL a woman.  If prevention of dying isn't healthcare I don't know what is.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 08:32 PM)pally Wrote: Spoken like someone who doesn't have a uterus, can't get pregnant, and doesn't have monthly menstrual cycles.  For 100s of thousands of women, birth control is used for reasons other than preventing pregnancy.  Pregnancy can KILL a woman.  If prevention of dying isn't healthcare I don't know what is.  

i just think states should decide it, gyess we just agree to disagree.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 08:42 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i just think states should decide it, gyess we just agree to disagree.

Contraception is none of the government's business...at any level.  It is governmental overreach

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 07:55 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: it was a list of favorite players, why would it matter what color they are. some people had all african american players. nothing wrong with that either. it's whoever your favorites are.

Dude I'm not even a fan of basketball but I imagine in order to have an all white team you have to dig pretty deep into the bench on some bad teams to get it.
Reply/Quote
I guess my question is why did it take them this long for politicians to actually try to do their job instead of relying on courts to do their job for them?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 08:06 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I guess my question is why did it take them this long for politicians to actually try to do their job instead of relying on courts to do their job for them?

Historically low approval numbers; means the voting population is gonna be looking for alternatives.
Reply/Quote
Figures we elect a Catholic and suddenly their anti birth control bias is a political topic, eh?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 05:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Figures we elect a Catholic and suddenly their anti birth control bias is a political topic, eh?

Except the Catholic in the White House isn’t anti birth control

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 04:20 AM)pally Wrote: Except the Catholic in the White House isn’t anti birth control

I know that.  Just amusing seeing the modern GOP take the worst of his dogma. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 04:20 AM)pally Wrote: Except the Catholic in the White House isn’t anti birth control

He may very well be in his personal life, but a good politician can do things for the general populace that they may not agree with due to their personal beliefs.
Reply/Quote

(07-23-2022, 07:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I know that.  Just amusing seeing the modern GOP take the worst of his dogma. 

(07-23-2022, 02:41 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: He may very well be in his personal life, but a good politician can do things for the general populace that they may not agree with due to their personal beliefs.

When my wife and I taught pre-marriage classes there was a bit on telling them that the rhythm method was the only acceptable form of birth control.  We had to sit through a long lecture by someone withing the diocese to learn all about it.

When we reached that point in the classes with the couple we told them what it was and then told them that it was entirely up to them to decide which birth control method they would use if they chose to use it.  We explained that it was not OUR place to tell them what they HAD to do.

I feel the same way with the rest of the country too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote