Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Democrats who wanted Haley to beat Trump
Some in this forum asked why not support Haley over Trump? Well yesterday Haley lost the Nevada primary to "none of the above"? Trump was not on the primary ballot thanks to some weird rules, so Haley essentially lost to no one.

Haley was propped in New Hampshire due to weird rules where Democrats could vote for her, but still lost by 11 points. Next up is the Nevada caucus tomorrow where Haley is not on the ballot so 26 delegates for Trump. Then on to South Carolina in a couple of weeks where haley trails Trump by over 20 points in the polls? Her home state and it appears she will lose again by double digits.

Democrats have pulled all of the stops to stop Trump and they failed. In fact some would argue they made him stronger. An attempt to jail the GOP nominee in an election year is a very bad look, win or lose Democrats are destroying democracy. I said it a long time go, if a Democrat accuses a republican of doing something, they likely are the ones guilty. It is Democrats destroying our elections, our immigration laws and our economy.

So, it appears if Biden can make it to November, it will be Biden versus Trump. Those hoping a conviction hurts Trump are not learning their lesson. So keep up the strategy to persecute Trump and all of his supporters, it has worked so well so far. Sarcasm Sarcasm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If you belong to a political group who view attempting to hold a person accountable for their actions as "destroying democracy," you may want to re-evaluate your priorities.

Haley could have rescued the GOP. Now, it's looking like they have decided to dive head first into delusion and conspiracism.

We'll see how well madness has gripped the nation in November.
Reply/Quote
Of all the conspiracies that get tossed around, I'd be most likely to buy into the ones where liberals embraced the covid vaccine in hopes that conservative voters would knee-jerk avoid/demonize it in order to benefit their razor thin margins in swing states.  AND that Haley has like a 75% of beating Biden while Trump is a coin flip, so democrats made sure to go after Trump knowing that his base would rally around him as a persecuted martyr and insist that he be the candidate in 2024 and even in 2028 if he doesn't win in 2024.

If democrats are playing a strategic game it is working, because an 80+ year old democrat with an approval rating as low as Biden's going for what would end up being 16 years of democrat presidency during a 20 year span should have damn near a 0% chance of happening.  The reason Carter lost in 1980 was that the GOP moved on and rallied around Reagan.  Trump being the GOP nominee again might work, but it'd be like the GOP going back to Nixon or Ford when they needed to move on.

Just my 2 cents.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 04:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If you belong to a political group who view attempting to hold a person accountable for their actions as "destroying democracy," you may want to re-evaluate your priorities.

Haley could have rescued the GOP. Now, it's looking like they have decided to dive head first into delusion and conspiracism.

We'll see how well madness has gripped the nation in November.

I have never wavered, I believe anyone is innocent until proven guilty. Democrats like you obviously view anyone accused of anything is guilty. I have still not seen one court of law accuse Trump of insurrection. I have seen liberal judges act as judge and juror accuse Trump of insurrection.

Yes, trying to put your opposition in jail is 3rd world crap and will kill our democracy if it succeeds.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 05:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Of all the conspiracies that get tossed around, I'd be most likely to buy into the ones where liberals embraced the covid vaccine in hopes that conservative voters would knee-jerk avoid/demonize it in order to benefit their razor thin margins in swing states.  AND that Haley has like a 75% of beating Biden while Trump is a coin flip, so democrats made sure to go after Trump knowing that his base would rally around him as a persecuted martyr and insist that he be the candidate in 2024 and even in 2028 if he doesn't win in 2024.

If democrats are playing a strategic game it is working, because an 80+ year old democrat with an approval rating as low as Biden's going for what would end up being 16 years of democrat presidency during a 20 year span should have damn near a 0% chance of happening.  The reason Carter lost in 1980 was that the GOP moved on and rallied around Reagan.  Trump being the GOP nominee again might work, but it'd be like the GOP going back to Nixon or Ford when they needed to move on.

Just my 2 cents.

I guess I missed the consistent polling where Haley beats Biden. Please provide the average of polling showing your 75% claim. Or, did you make that up?

Time will yell, it is over, Trump is the nominee so we will see if the political persecution pays off for Democrats in November.

I have also stated, I vote for the GOP nominee, Haley is toast for the nomination. Can't lose against yourself in Nevada and recover from it.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 06:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess I missed the consistent polling where Haley beats Biden.

You have personally posted a buttload of polls in a thread in this very forum where Haley is up over Biden, the most recent of which shows her up by 9 points.

On 2/24 you personally posted polls showing Trump up 5 points on Biden in a head to head and Haley up 9 points over Biden head to head.  Seems to me if I want Biden to win I should try to convince the other side to rally around the guy with the smaller lead.

NBC Poll Feb.4, 2024 which is 9 months from the election.

Sunday, February 4
General Election: Trump vs. Biden
NBC News
Trump 47, Biden 42
Trump
+5

2024 Republican Presidential Nomination
NBC News
Trump 79, Haley 19, DeSantis , Ramaswamy
Trump
+60

General Election: Haley vs. Biden
NBC News
Haley 45, Biden 36
Haley
+9
Reply/Quote
MAGA votes alone can not win the general election

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 06:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have never wavered, I believe anyone is innocent until proven guilty. Democrats like you obviously view anyone accused of anything is guilty. I have still not seen one court of law accuse Trump of insurrection. I have seen liberal judges act as judge and juror accuse Trump of insurrection.

Yes, trying to put your opposition in jail is 3rd world crap and will kill our democracy if it succeeds.

You not wavering holds no reflection on the value of your beliefs. Innocent until proven guilty is a fine belief. One I hold as well. That's why Trump needs to be put through the legal process. There are viable suspicions that he broke several laws.

Your last statement holds no weight. Trying to put your opposition in jail is only "3rd world crap" if the charges against the person are unjust.

There's no evidence that any accusation against Trump is unjust. Him running for president (or previously being president) should not shield him from the law. If he broke the law, he must be held to account.

Ironically, not holding your leaders or would be leaders to account and applying the same laws to them as we do every other citizen in the country is actually what you would call "3rd world crap."
Reply/Quote