Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denmark to fund African contraception.....
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/07/14/denmark-contraception-africa-migration/

To ease migration. Isn't this just the first step to sterilization when this doesn't stop migrants?

Quote:Denmark Will Fund Contraception Aid for Africa to ‘Limit Migration Pressure on Europe’

by Virginia Hale14 Jul 2017201
Africa
Antonio Parinello/Reuters

Ulla Tørnæs, the Danish minister for Development Cooperation, said that 225 million women in the world’s poorest countries lack access to contraception at a family planning summit in London this week.

Stating that unwanted pregnancies have “enormous human costs in developing countries”, the minister highlighted maternal mortality rates and how young women have to forego education in order to raise children.

“But it also has large social costs,” she added, noting that “the steps that many of these countries are taking to develop are being hampered by high population growth.”

Referring to Africa, Tørnæs asserted that curtailing the continent’s runaway population growth by increasing access to contraception is “an important priority for the [Danish] government in both foreign and security policies.

“Part of the solution to reducing migratory pressures on Europe is to reduce the very high population growth in many African countries,” said the minister, stressing that, “If the population growth in Africa continues as now, the African population will double from 1.2 billion people to 2.5 billion people by 2050.”

Tørnæs was referring to world demographics projections made by the United Nations (UN) Population Division using its “medium fertility variant”, which assumes that total fertility rates converge toward fewer than two babies per woman by the end of the century.

According to a 2011 study authored by former UN Population Division director Joseph Chamie, Africa’s population could grow extremely rapidly if fertility rates remain unchanged, potentially reaching 15 billion by 2100 — around 15 times Africa’s current population.

Chamie, currently with the New York-based Center for Migration Studies, said that “For many African countries, especially for the least developed, rapidly growing populations will pose serious challenges for their overall development, including future economic growth.”.
(07-14-2017, 01:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/07/14/denmark-contraception-africa-migration/

To ease migration.   Isn't this just the first step to sterilization when this doesn't stop migrants?  

If this is anything like the contraception aid the US provides it is more about stopping disease.  It has been going on for years.  Although many on the right try to stop it because they do not want to fund abortions anywhere.

I suppose some it may be for stopping forced impregnation by rape also.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-14-2017, 01:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: If this is anything like the contraception aid the US provides it is more about stopping disease.  It has been going on for years.  Although many on the right try to stop it because they do not want to fund abortions anywhere.

I suppose some it may be for stopping forced impregnation by rape also.

It says it's to stop numbers of births. This is a scary situation
(07-14-2017, 01:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It says it's to stop numbers of births.  This is a scary situation

I know that's what the article says.

But it is not be forced on anyone.  

Again disease is a bigger problem than overpopulation right now so making contraceptives easier to get/use is a good first step.
(07-14-2017, 01:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: I know that's what the article says.

Again disease is a bigger problem than overpopulation right now so making contraceptives easier to get/use is a good first step.

Contraception isn't forced here but children are told over and over as they go through school that this is he way to go. So no it's not forced but it's strongly suggested and coached into girls from a very young age .
(07-14-2017, 01:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Contraception isn't forced here but children are told over and over as they go through school that this is he way to go.    So no it's not forced but it's strongly suggested and coached into girls from a very young age .

I don't know about your area but here it is simply taught as something the students should know is an option if they choose to have sex.  I am all for that.

Abstinence is the best way to avoid disease and unwanted pregnancy.  But ignorance to the other options is not a good thing.
There's a huge leap between forced sterilization and providing basic birth control.

I don't really understand why someone would complain about populations from developing nations migrating to certain developed nations and then complain when those developed nations decide to spend money to simultaneously help aid those countries while easing immigration.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-14-2017, 02:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There's a huge leap between forced sterilization and providing basic birth control.

I don't really understand why someone would complain about populations from developing nations migrating to certain developed nations and then complain when those developed nations decide to spend money to simultaneously help aid those countries while easing immigration.

I read the line in the posted article:

Quote:Part of the solution to reducing migratory pressures on Europe...

More as giving the residents these options will reduce the number of births (not by force, but by choice) and therefore help their home countries better deal with resources and other things rather than as a plan to limit the number of residents born in other countries and therefore limit the chances and numbers of them that will leave for Europe.
(07-14-2017, 02:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There's a huge leap between forced sterilization and providing basic birth control.

Not really a huge leap considering that's where Margaret Sanger intended it to go when she couldn't get forced sterilizations to be normalized.

I am the last person that want third worlders in the west but going there to "help" them by decreasing their numbers is just wrong.
(07-14-2017, 03:36 PM)StLucieBenga Wrote: I am the last person that want third worlders in the west but going there to "help" them by decreasing their numbers is just wrong.

Decreasing their numbers? If you didn't have access to birth control, but still wanted to have sex, were you really interested in having more children or is that a by product of the desire to have sex? I think what your doing in this case is trying to make it so people who don't necessarily want the additional children won't have them, that in turn will ease pressure on European countries as the African countries will be better suited to handle their own population.

There is nothing nefarious about keeping population sustainable through voluntarily preventing pregnancy. Helping people prevent pregnancies they don't necessarily want is actually the humane thing to do for both parents and children. This isn't abortions, this is preventative contraceptive.
(07-14-2017, 04:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: Decreasing their numbers? If you didn't have access to birth control, but still wanted to have sex, were you really interested in having more children or is that a by product of the desire to have sex? I think what your doing in this case is trying to make it so people who don't necessarily want the additional children won't have them, that in turn will ease pressure on European countries as the African countries will be better suited to handle their own population.

There is nothing nefarious about keeping population sustainable through voluntarily preventing pregnancy. Helping people prevent pregnancies they don't necessarily want is actually the humane thing to do for both parents and children. This isn't abortions, this is preventative contraceptive.

Until you go back and see this is exactly what the negative eugenics people did when forced sterilizations were rejected by the public.

This by itself is minor but it never ends.
(07-14-2017, 04:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Until you go back and see this is exactly what the negative eugenics people did when forced sterilizations were rejected by the public.  

This by itself is minor but it never ends.

Not really. You could make that argument about anything, that "this is how is starts!". That however is a kind of fear mongering attitude that can't be logically discussed because it is based in the anticipation of the worst case possible always being the outcome.
(07-14-2017, 04:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not really. You could make that argument about anything, that "this is how is starts!". That however is a kind of fear mongering attitude that can't be logically discussed because it is based in the anticipation of the worst case possible always being the outcome.

This is directly connected to how eugenics supporters have believed throughout history. I do not see that far off considering the influence of the eugenics movement today.

I could see your point if this was plucked out of the air.
I can easily see why Europeans would want to supply Africans with contraception. Think about it, Africa. Most of Africa is either a Dessert, where food doesn't grow, or a Jungle where man is not at the top of the food chain, not to mention the lack of medicine in most parts. Those folks have evolved to know that in order to have a few children make it to adulthood, they must produce many of them.

Now, with the evolution of charity, technology, and development, not as many African children are dying before reaching adulthood. Yet, they are still reproducing at a rapid rate. I see this more as the Europeans trying to tell them "relax, your population is not in danger of extinction".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-14-2017, 01:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/07/14/denmark-contraception-africa-migration/

To ease migration.   Isn't this just the first step to sterilization when this doesn't stop migrants?  

This is better than telling men with HIV/AIDS that having sex with virgin girls cures the disease I would think which leads to men raping young girls and women because of ignorance.
(07-14-2017, 01:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Contraception isn't forced here but children are told over and over as they go through school that this is he way to go. So no it's not forced but it's strongly suggested and coached into girls from a very young age .

What will you teach your daughters?
(07-14-2017, 01:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: I know that's what the article says.

I'm not sure you do.
The article only talks about overpopulation and the burden migration places on Europe.

Disease is not the bigger problem over overpopulation just because you said so.

So do you agree with controlling the African birth rate?
(07-15-2017, 12:11 AM)Vlad Wrote: I'm not sure you do.
The article only talks about overpopulation and the burden migration places on Europe.

Disease is not the bigger problem over overpopulation just because you said so.

So do you agree with controlling the African birth rate?

I agree with providing everyone with the knowledge of/ability to get contraceptives.

It helps reduce disease and unwanted pregnancies.

Pretty straight forward unless someone is trying to make a political issue of it.
(07-14-2017, 11:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What will you teach your daughters?

That targeting a continent of third worlders for population control is not the job of Americans or any other country outside of that continent.
(07-15-2017, 09:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: I agree with providing everyone with the knowledge of/ability to get contraceptives.

It helps reduce disease and unwanted pregnancies.

Pretty straight forward unless someone is trying to make a political issue of it.

They are not educating. This is blatant population control.