Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denmark to fund African contraception.....
(07-14-2017, 03:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not really a huge leap considering that's where Margaret Sanger intended it to go when she couldn't get forced sterilizations to be normalized.  

I am the last person that want third worlders in the west but going there to "help" them by decreasing their numbers is just wrong.

The fact that you have to invoke the outdated beliefs of a single individual 100 years ago in order to make a really bad point tells us that it's a HUGE leap. 

Giving people a means to control their population growth isn't wrong. It's use is still a personal choice, and if people get the means to prevent pregnancies that they cannot afford, then they can make the choice to use it or not use it. It's no different than giving away free condoms in college. No one is trying to force sterilization on college kids. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-15-2017, 05:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The fact that you have to invoke the outdated beliefs of a single individual 100 years ago in order to make a really bad point tells us that it's a HUGE leap. 

Giving people a means to control their population growth isn't wrong. It's use is still a personal choice, and if people get the means to prevent pregnancies that they cannot afford, then they can make the choice to use it or not use it. It's no different than giving away free condoms in college. No one is trying to force sterilization on college kids. 

The eugenics movement is alive and well today.

And Denmark is sending money to keep the population down to limit immigration. Wouldn't it just be easier to close your borders from these countries until they got themselves under control. At the very least you wouldn't be trying to control populations of a sovereign country. And the reality is the thieves running those governments anyway will likely steal any money or items anyway .
(07-15-2017, 05:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The eugenics movement is alive and well today.

And Denmark is sending money to keep the population down to limit immigration.    Wouldn't it just be easier to close your borders from these countries until they got themselves under control.    At the very least you wouldn't be trying to control populations of a sovereign country.   And the reality is the thieves running those governments anyway will likely steal any money or items anyway .

Then I'm sure next time you will be able to cite somebody from at least the last 50 years or so when you try to make the connection between condoms and forced sterilization. 

(07-15-2017, 05:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Then I'm sure next time you will be able to cite somebody from at least the last 50 years or so when you try to make the connection between condoms and forced sterilization. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.mic.com/articles/amp/113022/the-dark-history-of-birth-control-that-you-haven-t-heard

Connection between the pill and sterilization and who it's targeting.

They abused people of color and the poor then marketed to white women as a liberation tool in the hippie 60's. Now it's being used on women of color again.
(07-15-2017, 06:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.mic.com/articles/amp/113022/the-dark-history-of-birth-control-that-you-haven-t-heard

They abused people of color and the poor then marketed to white women as a liberation tool in the hippie 60's.   Now it's being used on women of color again.

So decades ago the pill was tested on women of color before being released to mainstream white consumers, leaving many of those it was tested on infertile, therefore any attempts to fund new safer means of birth control 50-70 years later is clearly forced sterilization.

(07-15-2017, 03:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That targeting a continent of third worlders for population control is not the job of Americans or any other country outside of that continent.

1. You avoided the question.

2. This story doesn't involve Americans so no need drag them into this.

3. I have no idea why a self professed libertarian cares what the government of Denmark does which has zero affect upon your liberties.

4. If you aren't concerned about "population control" (also referred to as family planning by normal people not intent on causing discord) don't discuss abortion or contraception or unwanted pregnancies because that's not your "job."

5. Are you going to educate your daughters about sex? Will you educate your daughters about contraception?
(07-15-2017, 06:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.mic.com/articles/amp/113022/the-dark-history-of-birth-control-that-you-haven-t-heard

They abused people of color and the poor then marketed to white women as a liberation tool in the hippie 60's. Now it's being used on women of color again.

Well, birth control pills aren't sterilization. Birth control pills are medications available by prescription. They "target" patients, regardless of color, interested in family planning who chose that method of contraception in consultation with their doctor if there are no contraindications.

The eugenics angle is pretty feeble fear mongering. Besides, you're the one who always claims only the residents of said location should have a say in any issue. You don't live in Denmark so this isn't any of your business. Right?
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/08/mike-pence-condoms-are-too-modern/

Quote:Mike Pence claims condoms are too modern, and too liberal.

Donald Trump’s running mate is a dangerous Christian extremist who wants creationism taught in public schools and believes the government should pay for gay conversion therapy.

In addition, in 2015, as Governor of Indiana, Pence allowed an HIV outbreak to spread, choosing prayer over a clean needle exchange.

But perhaps one of the most idiotic claims made by Pence is that condoms are too “modern,” too “liberal,” and offer a poor defense against sexually transmitted infections and diseases.

Pence’s bizarre and unsubstantiated claims concerning condoms came in 2002, in response to then-Secretary of State Colin Powell saying in an MTV forum that sexually active young people should protect themselves with condoms.

At the time Powell said:

Quote:I think it’s important for young people, especially, to protect themselves from the possibility of acquiring any sexually transmitted disease, but especially to protect themselves from HIV/AIDS, which is a plague that is upon the face of the earth.

In an interview with CNN, while advocating for abstinence only sex education, Pence said Powell’s call for condom use could mislead millions of young people and put their lives at risk.

Pence told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that it was “a sad day” because Powell had suggested condoms over abstinence:

Quote:Well, Wolf, I think it was — given the enormous stature that Colin Powell rightly has, not only in America but in the world community — it was a sad day. I don’t think any administration has had a worse day since boxers and briefs on MTV. And the truth is that Colin Powell had an opportunity here to reaffirm this president’s commitment to abstinence as the best choice for our young people, and he chose not to do that in the first instance, but — and so I think it’s very sad.

The other part is that, frankly, condoms are a very, very poor protection against sexually transmitted diseases, and in that sense, Wolf, this was — the secretary of state may be inadvertently misleading millions of young people and endangering lives.

Pence then went on to suggest that condoms are “too modern,” and too “liberal,” for him:

Quote:The problem is it was too modern of an answer, Wolf. It was — it truly was a modern, liberal answer to a problem that parents like me are facing all over America, and frankly, all over the world.

Of course Pence is wrong. His claim that condoms are a “very poor protection against sexually transmitted diseases” is easy to debunk. The CDC reports:

Quote:when used consistently and correctly, condoms are highly effective in preventing the sexual transmission of HIV infection and reduce the risk of other STDs.

As for condoms being “too modern,” reports indicate many ancient cultures used some form of condoms, and a famous cave painting in Dordogne, France, shows a man practicing safe sex circa 11,000 B.C.

In more contemporary times, rubber replaced animal intestines in condoms around the mid 1800s, and latex replaced rubber in the 1920s.

Needless to say, there is nothing modern about condoms. 

Bottom line: Pence is an ignorant and dangerous religious extremist. By disseminating false and misleading information about condoms, Pence demonstrates that he is willing to endanger the health and welfare of young people in order to promote his demented, right-wing, conservative Christian, puritanical agenda.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-15-2017, 11:35 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: 1. You avoided the question.

2. This story doesn't involve Americans so no need drag them into this.

3. I have no idea why a self professed libertarian cares what the government of Denmark does which has zero affect upon your liberties.

4. If you aren't concerned about "population control" (also referred to as family planning by normal people not intent on causing discord) don't discuss abortion or contraception or unwanted pregnancies because that's not your "job."

5. Are you going to educate your daughters about sex? Will you educate your daughters about contraception?

1. No I didn't . I stayed on topic with my answer. Did you want me to go off topic?

2. No it does not involve America. But you asked me about my daughters who are Americans.

3. So you are upset that I care about human rights outside of our border?

4 I am concerned when nations try and control the populations of other sovereign nations. That could be an act of war.

5. We will educate on these matters when age appropriate.
(07-15-2017, 11:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/08/mike-pence-condoms-are-too-modern/

Что ты несешь?
(07-16-2017, 12:29 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. No I didn't . I stayed on topic with my answer. Did you want me to go off topic?

My question directly related to your topic. Thus answering my question relating to contraception wouldn't have gotten you off the topic of contraception.

Quote:2. No it does not involve America. But you asked me about my daughters who are Americans.

But, you refused to answer my question about your daughters' education about contraception. So why discuss your daughters' nationality? Your daughters' nationality actually doesn't have anything to do with the topic of contraception whereas whether you will teach your daughters about contraception actually does deal with the topic of contraception.

Quote:3. So you are upset that I care about human rights outside of our border?

Someone voluntarily accepting or refusing free contraception provided by a third party isn't a human rights violation despite your misguided attempt to conflate this argument into one.

Quote:4 I am concerned when nations try and control the populations of other sovereign nations. That could be an act of war.

LOL

Providing free contraception an individual can voluntarily take or refuse of their own free will as part of family planning in accordance with modern medicine standards is not an "act of war," but rather a public health works similar to vaccination programs.

Quote:5. We will educate on these matters when age appropriate.

Oh, I see eugenics is alive and well since you will practice population control within your own family . . . to apply your logic to yourself.
(07-16-2017, 12:31 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Что ты несешь?

Literally have no idea what this says? Is it Russian?
(07-16-2017, 01:31 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Literally have no idea what this says? Is it Russian?

Да
(07-16-2017, 02:12 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Да

Thanks for clarifying this!  Good Post Sarcasm
(07-16-2017, 02:49 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Thanks for clarifying this!  Good Post Sarcasm

Sorry but I couldn't resist lol

He's saying Christians ruined the world and we are all doomed. 

Just copy and paste into google followed by "in English" to see what was typed.

I figured this was a good thread to mention that the VP of the US doesn't even want contraceptives in America.  He doesn't believe they help stop diseases and that the use of them is a modern, liberal thing.

And he is wrong on both counts.

Better than starting it's own thread.

It's not "bashing Christians" it's saying that the ones who think they know better for everyone always seem to be the ones in charge.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-16-2017, 03:28 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Sorry but I couldn't resist lol
Cracking up inside...wooh that was a doozy!
(07-16-2017, 09:25 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: He's saying Christians ruined the world and we are all doomed. 

Just copy and paste into google followed by "in English" to see what was typed.

Yeah I'm too lazy for that at the moment, plus I've gotta get ready for work.