Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennard?
Lions are supposedly making CB Justin Coleman the highest paid nickel corner in the league. Dennard is a similar player some rank him as a better Corner He's going to expect money close to or better than Coleman.

Edit..details on numbers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I also read that he wants to play on the outside and not as a slot corner. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Reply/Quote
If they don’t resign him the rest of there own free agents shouldn’t cost that much. Makes even more sense to use some cash to spend on a good young linebacker.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:13 PM)lone bengal Wrote: If they don’t resign him the rest of there own free agents shouldn’t cost that much. Makes even more sense to use some cash to spend on a good young linebacker.

We're going to have to pay a good young CB with that money

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:17 PM)pally Wrote: We're going to have to pay a good young CB with that money

There aren’t any worth paying, it’s a bad CB free agent class and Dennard will probably get way overpaid.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:09 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I also read that he wants to play on the outside and not as a slot corner. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Someone posted the PFF rating drop when moving to the outside.  Even if u don't put stock into the numbers, Dennard should be thriving with his physical style and he isn't.  I don't think anyone is giving him close to 12M.  If they do, Cincy would be better served spending that money on OL or LB and playing more safety looks plus groom a mid round pick.  You can even sign a vet once the dust settles.  I get that slot corner is a "starter", but that's too much for Dennard.
Reply/Quote
Word on twitter they likely can't afford Dennard after dropping 21M on Hart.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Word on twitter they likely can't afford Dennard after dropping 21M on Hart.

Ridiculous. Their are no good free agent cb’s and we have too many needs in the draft to draft another first round CB. I pray to god William Jackson dosent get hurt were one injury away from having Kirkpatrick, Darius Phillips and either some rookie or bum FA at corner. Even if we fix the linebackers it won’t mater because they’ll probably just pick on our corners now. Plus we probably won’t addeess RT because we have Bobby Hart this could be a disaster.
Reply/Quote
This must be one of the first episodes of Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone.

Someone help me escape...
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Finally some news on him. He will be visiting Kansas City. I have a feeling that his actual price tag will be much lower than he had anticipated going into free agency.

Reply/Quote
Hobson said the Webb signing doesn’t preclude him coming back. I wonder if Webb was the back up plan if he doesn’t come back, but if he does he is a solid depth guy.
Reply/Quote
Josh Shaw? It shocked me to learn that he had played for the Bucs last year. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:58 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Ridiculous. Their are no good free agent cb’s and we have too many needs  in the draft to draft another first round CB. I pray to god William Jackson dosent get hurt were one injury away from having Kirkpatrick, Darius Phillips and either some rookie or bum FA at corner. Even if we fix the linebackers it won’t mater because they’ll probably just pick on our corners now. Plus we probably won’t addeess RT because we have Bobby Hart this could be a disaster.

To paraphrase Big Maybell and Jerry Lee--

"Whole lotta guessin' goin' on."
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Dennard finally made an appearance in free agency. He is set to visit with the Chiefs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:00 PM)pally Wrote: Lions are supposedly making CB Justin Coleman the highest paid nickel corner in the league.  Dennard is a similar player some rank him as a better Corner  He's going to expect money close to or better than Coleman.

Edit..details on numbers

Maybe they have signed a slot corner already. I would consider replacing Dre and giving Dennard the other corner position.  draft another corner for insurance. No way Dre is worth 10 million/ year.
Reply/Quote
I think Dennard is gonna be the odd man out. I'd rather pay Jackson if they can't keep both. They're gonna have to lock up Boyd before he hits the open market too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Bengals could draft Greedy Williams which would cause angst among many fans. But I am preparing myself for something like Williams or Murray at 11 this upcoming draft.

I don't think Dennard was ever comfortable playing slot and does not have a lot of experience at outside because hands-of-stone- Kirk is there. I think Dennard is gone.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 08:46 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals could draft Greedy Williams which would cause angst among many fans.  But I am preparing myself for something like Williams or Murray at 11 this upcoming draft.  

I don't think Dennard was ever comfortable playing slot and does not have a lot of experience at outside because hands-of-stone- Kirk is there.  I think Dennard is gone.

TBH I'm not sure where that angst comes from. I've definitely seen it around here too, but I don't really get it. They could certainly upgrade at the position for sure.

I guess maybe it's because Marvin never let them play for a year after taking a CB? He's gone now...
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 08:46 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals could draft Greedy Williams which would cause angst among many fans.  But I am preparing myself for something like Williams or Murray at 11 this upcoming draft.  

I don't think Dennard was ever comfortable playing slot and does not have a lot of experience at outside because hands-of-stone- Kirk is there.  I think Dennard is gone.

You call Kirkpatrick hands of stone but Dennard has 3 ints in 5 years.
Reply/Quote