Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennard
(01-03-2020, 12:54 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Personally I'm not ready to give up on WJ3 yet. With him having shoulder surgery right after the season, he was obviously playing with one arm for who knows how long. The guy has shown he can be really good. He's too young to give up on.

When you have the talent to play at the level he has, you don't usually just lose it when you're still young. 

Has to be scheme or injury. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 12:29 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Wow, Dennard had a GREAT season as the slot corner. Saw this in a tweet. We definitely need to re-sign him.

Of the slot corners that played 50%+ of their snaps inside, Darqueze Dennard ranks FIRST in catches allowed (14), yards (134), passer rating (68.4), yards per snap (0.57), snaps per target (9.0) and snaps per reception (16.8).

That's every category PFF keeps data on. Every one.

Agreed! Think about if he would have played all season too how much better the D would have been. He was pissed at the beginning of the season when he was put on IR, sounded like he was ready to come back but maybe they held him cause he tried to shop himself around and there was no takers, IDK. Regardless hope he gets a nice contract. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 02:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: How does his age negate the fact he played with a broken hand?

The fact that’s he almost 30 and he’s never been any good. There’s a reason he’s been cut by 7 different teams...

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 06:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The fact that’s he almost 30 and he’s never been any good. There’s a reason he’s been cut by 7 different teams...

I will say, that while I've never been a fan of his, he dropped 3 picks earlier in the year (2 in the same game, maybe Jax or Arizona, according to his gamelog) that if he didn't have a broken hand, he would held onto and (if Arizona), would've DEFINITELY changed the landscape of the game.

Webb was signed to be a 4th CB, thrust into 3rd CB because Dennard went on PUP. If everyone stayed healthy and he returned next year to be a 5th CB (Dre/WJax starters, Dennard Slot, Phillips 4th CB), I'd be cool with that.

Also, not trying to defend him, but he slipped and fell on like 3 huge completions that if he didn't fall, would've either had a play on or stopped the play dead (Cooper Kupp's long TD).

I do agree that he should absolutely not be starting though and I'd rather see Rose and Brown be the 5th and 6th CBs next year.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 02:59 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I believe we quietly have a really good set of CBs on this team, especially if Phillips continues his ascent.  It would be nice to keep them intact, at least the top four (including Phillips).  It would also be nice if they could stay on the field with more regularity.

It would also be nice if three of them would utilize the Juggs machine this off-season.

While I tend to agree with you in terms of their TALENT, they largely played like crap this year....except Dennard.  Phillips shows promise coming in as a backup.  

To your point about the jugs gun, this is wise not only to work on their hands but TRACKING THE DAMN BALL.  They (especially WJIII) seem to be in perfect position only to watch the ball pass right in front of them like they don't even see it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 09:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I tend to agree with you in terms of their TALENT, they largely played like crap this year....except Dennard.  Phillips shows promise coming in as a backup.  

To your point about the jugs gun, this is wise not only to work on their hands but TRACKING THE DAMN BALL.  They (especially WJIII) seem to be in perfect position only to watch the ball pass right in front of them like they don't even see it. 

True, Bates and Phillips seem to be the only players in the Secondary that can track the ball well.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 11:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, Bates and Phillips seem to be the only players in the Secondary that can track the ball well.

Shawn Williams led the team with 5 picks last season. He like a lot of our players completely regressed this season though.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 07:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I will say, that while I've never been a fan of his, he dropped 3 picks earlier in the year (2 in the same game, maybe Jax or Arizona, according to his gamelog) that if he didn't have a broken hand, he would held onto and (if Arizona), would've DEFINITELY changed the landscape of the game.

Webb was signed to be a 4th CB, thrust into 3rd CB because Dennard went on PUP. If everyone stayed healthy and he returned next year to be a 5th CB (Dre/WJax starters, Dennard Slot, Phillips 4th CB), I'd be cool with that.

Also, not trying to defend him, but he slipped and fell on like 3 huge completions that if he didn't fall, would've either had a play on or stopped the play dead (Cooper Kupp's long TD).

I do agree that he should absolutely not be starting though and I'd rather see Rose and Brown be the 5th and 6th CBs next year.

Haha... Truck. You went with he slipped 3 times on big completions? We all slip every now and then, but 3 times?... For big gains each time?

The guy has a nice head of hair... I'll give him that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 11:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Shawn Williams led the team with 5 picks last season. He like a lot of our players completely regressed this season though.

Shawn will make QB's pay at times true, hopefully a new Secondary coach will get the best out of these guys.

(01-06-2020, 11:15 PM)jason Wrote: Haha... Truck. You went with he slipped 3 times on big completions? We all slip every now and then, but 3 times?... For big gains each time?

Yeah, Webb needs to keep his feet under him if anything and be a backup/reserve type player, he is not a starter.

Another reason I think Lou should go is him starting Webb so much this season as he is not starting material.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 11:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Shawn will make QB's pay at times true, hopefully a new Secondary coach will get the best out of these guys.

Yeah, Webb needs to keep his feet under him if anything and be a backup/reserve type player, he is not a starter.

Another reason I think Lou should go is him starting Webb so much this season as he is not starting material.

I think we were just down to Webb....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 11:33 PM)jason Wrote: I think we were just down to Webb....

You are correct, injuries were the main reason Webb was starting.
Reply/Quote
I hope to god we resign him but let’s be honest if he hits the market he’s gone.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 11:15 PM)jason Wrote: Haha... Truck. You went with he slipped 3 times on big completions? We all slip every now and then, but 3 times?... For big gains each time?

(01-06-2020, 11:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Shawn will make QB's pay at times true, hopefully a new Secondary coach will get the best out of these guys.

The Cooper Kupp completion would've still been a completion for a big gain, but had Webb not slipped, he would've tackled him immediately.

That one was blatant and a half.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote