Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennard On The Rise
Tied for 22nd best CB on PFF. Looks a bit like Leon Hall with his ability to tackle and looks fit for the slot as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 03:49 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Tied for 22nd best CB on PFF. Looks a bit like Leon Hall with his ability to tackle and looks fit for the slot as well.

This is what happens when you give a young CB a shot play.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good to see. He had bust written all over him until this year. Always seemed to have the physical potential to be a good CB.

Hopefully they waive Jones during the offseason. He's a PI magnet.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 03:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Good to see. He had bust written all over him until this year. Always seemed to have the physical potential to be a good CB.

Hopefully they waive Jones during the offseason. He's a PI magnet.

Adam Jones or Vontaze Burfict makes a nice play? Throw the flag to give the opposing team a first down! That will teach them for being misfits! Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He was heading towards bust status, but that was because he couldn't stay healthy. As he gets his opportunity to contribute he is showing he belongs.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 03:49 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Tied for 22nd best CB on PFF. Looks a bit like Leon Hall with his ability to tackle and looks fit for the slot as well.

Nice, just great to finally see the guy out there doing what lots of us expected him to do.

Loved the pick when it happened, he has just been injured all the time and needed snaps to become a good player.

Will Jax, Dennard and Shaw are great for the future of our Secondary.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice, just great to finally see the guy out there doing what lots of us expected him to do.

Loved the pick when it happened, he has just been injured all the time and needed snaps to become a good player.

Agreed. When we drafted Dennard it felt like a really talented guy fell to us. He had a great scouting profile at the time too.

Our coaches just don't seem to be good developing young players early on. Talented guys should be able to come in and atleast be rotation guys in Years 1 and 2.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 04:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. When we drafted Dennard it felt like a really talented guy fell to us. He had a great scouting profile at the time too.

Our coaches just don't seem to be good developing young players early on. Talented guys should be able to come in and atleast be rotation guys in Years 1 and 2.

True but you have to give Coyle a little give as this is only his second year working with these guys.

Plus it doesn't matter how good your coaches are if the player is always injured like Dennard has been.

Always liked Vance Joseph but he never got anything great out of Kirkpatrick. That was last year with Coyle.

Even if it seems Dre is back to his old meh self.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 04:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. When we drafted Dennard it felt like a really talented guy fell to us. He had a great scouting profile at the time too.

I'm not sure they aren't good at developing them..  Or the talent in front of them is holding down the spot...  With Hall Jones and newman they held down the spot pretty well keeping dre on the bench for a few years.

But everyones gotta play to improve imo.
Reply/Quote
He won't be terribly expensive to resign I think, and I've always felt he had the skillset that matches what the Bengals look for in a corner.

WJIII, Dennard, Shawe And Kirkpatrick. I feel like we have a pretty strong future secondary.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 06:18 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: He won't be terribly expensive to resign I think, and I've always felt he had the skillset that matches what the Bengals look for in a corner.

WJIII, Dennard, Shawe And Kirkpatrick. I feel like we have a pretty strong future secondary.

Dennard will be playing on his 5th year option next year and his salary will be $8,526,000. If he's starting or doing a good job in the slot that's not too bad a price.

Here's the link. https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/2018-fifth-year-option-decision-tracker

Reply/Quote
I need more than just a sample size to determine if he will help us in the future. At times, he looks great but then he will look like a rookie again. That said, I really like Jackson, I think he's a stud and will continue to get better.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 09:58 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I need more than just a sample size to determine if he will help us in the future. At times, he looks great but then he will look like a rookie again. That said, I really like Jackson, I think he's a stud and will continue to get better.

I agree. Sure he's had a few games where he hasn't given up any big plays or looked horrible but I'm not sold yet. 
Reply/Quote
He has been hurt most of the time and judged unfairly.

Looks like we have a young nice stable of CB's again

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice, just great to finally see the guy out there doing what lots of us expected him to do.

yup!
Reply/Quote
He blew up a couple of screens in the Green Bay game that were impressive. I always liked him and I think the guy can be a super star in this league.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Dennard looks a lot more confident out there this year. Really attacks the ball carrier in run support. I think getting consistent playing time and a feel for the slot has helped him.
Reply/Quote

This is right, Nate. The biggest thing holding Dennard back has been injury.  Everytime he was ready to get some snaps, an injury hit him. He wasn't injured much in college, but just kept getting hurt in the NFL.  He's playing just like I thought he could. 
Reply/Quote
I'm more impressed with the young corners than I am with PacMan/Dre....they always do SO much...swinging their arms...always talking. Dre got paid big money, and has played pretty average.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote

Honestly, he has earned that fifth year that we were all up in arms about offering.  His performance is so critical because had he not risen to the occasion, we would have likely been spending another very high pick on a CB next year.

So, we might address the offensive line...again.  Hopefully, we don't listen to Alexander and get a guy that is a football player, not an athlete.  
Reply/Quote