Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennard On The Rise
(10-02-2017, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice, just great to finally see the guy out there doing what lots of us expected him to do.

Loved the pick when it happened, he has just been injured all the time and needed snaps to become a good player.

Will Jax, Dennard and Shaw are great for the future of our Secondary.

How dare you neglect to include the one true HOF player in this secondary, who is not only young, but cheap!  He got his first of what will likely be 8 INTs this season....

FEJ!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 08:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: How dare you neglect to include the one true HOF player in this secondary, who is not only young, but cheap!  He got his first of what will likely be 8 INTs this season....

FEJ!!!

I tell you what, that boy likes to hit!!!
Reply/Quote
Honestly I am really happy with our secondary going into the future. I think we have 5 capable corners even once Pacman is gone (Kirk, WJ3, Dennard, Shaw, Russell). Throw in that I'm confident in all of our safeties back there and they are relatively young. Combine the youth in the back end with the infusion of line guys in Willis, Smith, Lawson, Glasgow and I am actually really excited about the future. It is one thing to have talent, but the way the money is falling on defense at least we should be able to keep everyone together for at least a couple years. A really good defense so far this year could end up being a really special one going forward.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 08:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Honestly, he has earned that fifth year that we were all up in arms about offering.  His performance is so critical because had he not risen to the occasion, we would have likely been spending another very high pick on a CB next year.

So, we might address the offensive line...again.  Hopefully, we don't listen to Alexander and get a guy that is a football player, not an athlete.  

This has been the best part of this news. We desperately need some new tackles and possibly some interior as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 03:19 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: This is right, Nate. The biggest thing holding Dennard back has been injury.  Everytime he was ready to get some snaps, an injury hit him. He wasn't injured much in college, but just kept getting hurt in the NFL.  He's playing just like I thought he could. 

Indeed. in 2015, he was playing very well before getting hurt here and there; saw his pick live at the Buffalo game and he was a blanket, all game.

(10-03-2017, 04:50 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I'm more impressed with the young corners than I am with PacMan/Dre....they always do SO much...swinging their arms...always talking. Dre got paid big money, and has played pretty average.

Don't agree with the bolded. He had 3 lapses in the GB game, otherwise I have BARELY seen him be targeted, all year.

He too, is basically being a blanket. Could've had 2 picks now too.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 10:05 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't agree with the bolded. He had 3 lapses in the GB game, otherwise I have BARELY seen him be targeted, all year.

Your response was in reference to Dre Kirkpatrick's game this year, and that is an interesting point of view.  I am unsure exactly how many times he was targeted, but he allowed a perfect QB rating on the plays he was targeted.  It may not have been many, and they (PFF) neglect all the play where he shut down his guy.  I don't know.

He is a notorious slow starter, though, and really seems to hit his stride by midseason.  Here's to hoping that happens again.  
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 10:05 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed. in 2015, he was playing very well before getting hurt here and there; saw his pick live at the Buffalo game and he was a blanket, all game.

Don't agree with the bolded. He had 3 lapses in the GB game, otherwise I have BARELY seen him be targeted, all year.

He's ranked as Poor by PFF and as the 80th best CB:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/dre-kirkpatrick/7023
Reply/Quote
Dennard will become a good CB just in time for his huge increase in salary, just like Kirkpatrick (5th year option then FA).
Kinda frustrating when you think about that the Bengals are getting very few years of good production for a cheaper price, which I thought was the whole point of constantly drafting CBs...because they were cheaper than paying for proven CBs in FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 01:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dennard will become a good CB just in time for his huge increase in salary, just like Kirkpatrick (5th year option then FA).
Kinda frustrating when you think about that the Bengals are getting very few years of good production for a cheaper price, which I thought was the whole point of constantly drafting CBs...because they were cheaper than paying for proven CBs in FA.

This.

He's playing better this season but we could have really done with him showing this much earlier.  Yes he was injured but so was WJax last year and he already looks like he's ready to be a starter ongoing early in his 'rookie' year.

Not hating but equally not gonna do cartwheels for rd1 pick turning up to play for a couple of games in year 4.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 08:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Honestly, he has earned that fifth year that we were all up in arms about offering.  His performance is so critical because had he not risen to the occasion, we would have likely been spending another very high pick on a CB next year.

So, we might address the offensive line...again.  Hopefully, we don't listen to Alexander and get a guy that is a football player, not an athlete.  

That's great for next draft - however if he had consistently shown this before we might have had more options when we previously re-upped either Pacman or Dre.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 01:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's ranked as Poor by PFF and as the 80th best CB:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/dre-kirkpatrick/7023

Don't take them seriously, Pistons.

They aren't who they used to be.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals will probably draft another CB high in next year's draft. Dennard needs to play more. Kirk has his moments but needs to be more consistent.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
You mean to tell me that a CB can get better when he gets playing time rather than sitting on the bench?

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
the biggest thing I have been impressed with is his open field tackling....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 08:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: How dare you neglect to include the one true HOF player in this secondary, who is not only young, but cheap!  He got his first of what will likely be 8 INTs this season....

FEJ!!!

Hilarious

Sorry SHRacer, should of included the Fej lol
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 09:26 PM)corpjet Wrote: the biggest thing I have been impressed with is his open field tackling....

Same here, he is a very good tackler and that is what you need on a great Defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 01:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hilarious

Sorry SHRacer, should of included the Fej lol

You will be forgiven after you create ten separate threads praising his awesomeness....

Rock On
Reply/Quote

This all the way
Reply/Quote