Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennard Tweaked Ankle
Per Richard Skinny. Tweaked ankle for Dennard and hasn't practiced today. Man I hope this guy can stay healthy this season.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Tweaked is better than broken or torn, but you never know with the reporting.... hope its something minor.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 02:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Tweaked is better than broken or torn, but you never know with the reporting.... hope its something minor.

Tweaked can also linger throughout a season. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
From Coley Harvey:

"Dennard (ankle) also was hurt Monday, but defensive coordinator Paul Guenther said he didn't anticipate his injury keeping him out of training camp for long."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17201549/cincinnati-bengals-first-rounder-william-jackson-iii-tears-pectoral-muscle
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 02:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Tweaked is better than broken or torn, but you never know with the reporting.... hope its something minor.

Wasn't Eifert's just a tweak for like 4 months? I trust the Bengals medical staff reporting about as much as I trust Rio's ability to host the Olympics successfully.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 05:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Wasn't Eifert's just a tweak for like 4 months? I trust the Bengals medical staff reporting about as much as I trust Rio's ability to host the Olympics successfully.

Eifert was first reported as a sprained ankle but it just didn't heal properly due to where the sprain was and apparently it's a common injury among the TE position
Reply/Quote
WJII might be getting put on IR....

Bengals site:

"The injury bug that the Bengals avoided so long at the beginning of last season has attacked them with a vengeance early in this training camp.

Citing multiple sources, ProFootballTalk.com reported Tuesday that first-round pick William Jackson suffered a torn pectoral muscle in Monday’s practice. Jackson, out of the University of Houston, had been lining up as the fifth or sixth cornerback but had been viewed as a potential big-time special teams contributor in his rookie season".

Jackson could very well be headed to season-ending injured reserve since a torn pectoral takes several months to heal.

It looks like wide receiver Jake Kumerow’s bid to win a spot on the roster has been temporarily derailed with a hamstring injury that may keep him out a few weeks.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 05:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Wasn't Eifert's just a tweak for like 4 months? I trust the Bengals medical staff reporting about as much as I trust Rio's ability to host the Olympics successfully.

Exactly, we have all seen tweaks and bruises turn into season and career ending injuries.
Reply/Quote
I don't believe a thing this coaching staff says about injuries. I'll wait until I see who is on the field.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 06:27 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: WJII might be getting put on IR....

Bengals site:

"The injury bug that the Bengals avoided so long at the beginning of last season has attacked them with a vengeance early in this training camp.

Citing multiple sources, ProFootballTalk.com reported Tuesday that first-round pick William Jackson suffered a torn pectoral muscle in Monday’s practice. Jackson, out of the University of Houston, had been lining up as the fifth or sixth cornerback but had been viewed as a potential big-time special teams contributor in his rookie season".

Jackson could very well be headed to season-ending injured reserve since a torn pectoral takes several months to heal.

It looks like wide receiver Jake Kumerow’s bid to win a spot on the roster has been temporarily derailed with a hamstring injury that may keep him out a few weeks.

The Bengals can place him on IR with intent to return if it takes 3 months to heal, he is back in November. We can designate 1 player I believe for this special waiver.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 11:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Bengals can place him on IR with intent to return if it takes 3 months to heal, he is back in November. We can designate 1 player I believe for this special waiver.

I am nowhere near an expert on all the injury designations that exist in the NFL.  Does Eifert stay on the PUP even after the season starts or does he go IR?
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 11:40 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I am nowhere near an expert on all the injury designations that exist in the NFL.  Does Eifert stay on the PUP even after the season starts or does he go IR?

If they choose to put him on the PUP to start the season, he cannot practice with the team for the first 6 weeks of the season, so that's unlikely to happen unless they're BSing really hard about Eifert's injury. (The Bengals wouldn't do that, right? Ninja ) After those 6 weeks, they then have 3 (I think) weeks to either activate him (and have him start using up a roster spot) or IR him.

But yeah, don't expect him to be PUP'd. Probably just carried on the roster and left inactive for the first two weeks or whatnot.

(Also if Eifert comes off the PUP in the preseason at any time to practice, he becomes automatically ineligible for the regular season PUP.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote