Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennard VS Gilbert & Dre K VS Millner
in 2012 the Bengals drafted Dre K. A lot of us here have labeled him a bust out of frustration with his health and inability to get on the field. Finally healthy (poo poo poo). He shown flashes in game. Now in training camp he is really stepping up.

Dee Millner was drafted the next year by the jets out of desperation for Revis leaving. He's been quite a disappointment going as far as probably not making the roster this year for the Jets. Now he's injured out 6-8 weeks with a broken wrist. So they may keep him on IR or PUP. who knows.

Dennard and Gilbert were drafted in the same year last year. My hear was pounding watching that draft praying that Dennard fell to the Bengals. Watching Cleveland trade around and take Gilbert at 9.
Well reports are coming out of Cleveland the kid has horrible work ethic and is on the bottom of the depth chart. Running with the 3s.

We as fans have been quick to jump on our players and say they are busts. Also it goes to show you we do have a better scouting and coaching staff.

We could have had both these players instead we end up with Dre K and Dennard.

I'm pretty happy about that right now.
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 04:13 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: in 2012 the Bengals drafted Dre K. A lot of us here have labeled him a bust out of frustration with his health and inability to get on the field. Finally healthy (poo poo poo). He shown flashes in game. Now in training camp he is really stepping up.

Dee Millner was drafted the next year by the jets out of desperation for Revis leaving. He's been quite a disappointment going as far as probably not making the roster this year for the Jets. Now he's injured out 6-8 weeks with a broken wrist. So they may keep him on IR or PUP. who knows.

Dennard and Gilbert were drafted in the same year last year. My hear was pounding watching that draft praying that Dennard fell to the Bengals. Watching Cleveland trade around and take Gilbert at 9.
Well reports are coming out of Cleveland the kid has horrible work ethic and is on the bottom of the depth chart. Running with the 3s.

We as fans have been quick to jump on our players and say they are busts. Also it goes to show you we do have a better scouting and coaching staff.

Me too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Some people still hold it against Dre that he isn't Janoris Jenkins....who sucks.

He will have a splash play here or there but will routinely register as one of the worst CBs...
Reply/Quote
Wasn't Morris Claiborn in the same draft as Dre?  I remember Dallas trading up for him. 
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 05:23 PM)jason Wrote: Wasn't Morris Claiborn in the same draft as Dre?  I remember Dallas trading up for him. 

Oh yeah, that top 10 was funny.

The following players were traded up for:

Robert Griffin III
Trent Richardson (albeit a single pick)
Morris Claiborne
Justin Blackmon
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 05:53 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Oh yeah, that top 10 was funny.

Robert Griffin III
Morris Claiborne
Justin Blackmon

Building through the draft is a farce! Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 06:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Building through the draft is a farce! Ninja

Not being the Redskins, Browns or Jags is also a good place to start
Reply/Quote

Robert Griffin III
Morris Claiborne
Justin Blackmon

Really goes to show you how important the interview process is and being able to decide if a guy truly loves football. That seems to be the problem with all of those guys
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 06:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Really goes to show you how important the interview process is and being able to decide if a guy truly loves football. That seems to be the problem with all of those guys

True, and it's no coincidence about what organizations these guys went too, with the slight exception of Dallas. For sometime, all four of them plus Luck made up most peoples top 5.

Heck, let's just throw Matt Kalil in the fire while we're at it, although it's more of a just not very good problem for him.
Reply/Quote

Robert Griffin III
Morris Claiborne
Justin Blackmon

Blackmon looked the part, but was derailed by his pathetically poor life choices. RGIII pre knee was beastly. Hard to knock those two choices at the time, because both were producing at levels commensurate with the pick. Richardson and Claiborne, not so much...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Gotta make you smile after the 90s and early 00s (for anyone that lived through that and followed the team) because it seems like we're finally seeing the way we do things pay dividends. I still think we could do a lot of things different to even improve on how well we've been doing, but it's worked pretty well.

As far as Dre and Dennard go, I feel like Dre's not getting the publicity that he should because of how long it took him to even see the field, but he looked good last season and like he was only improving into above average, and then everything I've seen this offseason makes me believe that he could be among the better corners in the league this season (only top ten or so, but improving upon that into next season).

Dennard is just a playmaking Tasmanian Devil waiting to be unleashed and just wreak havoc throughout the secondary.

We have underrated corners but Marvin just needs to let go for once and give them both much-deserved PT.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 08:15 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Blackmon looked the part, but was derailed by his pathetically poor life choices. RGIII pre knee was beastly. Hard to knock those two choices at the time, because both were producing at levels commensurate with the pick.

But it's not a 1-2 year investment. You have to be sure the man is committed to the game more than anything.

RGIII couldn't survive in the league the way he played and hasn't developed into a pocket passer, major questions about his work ethic and if his ego is getting the best of him.

Blackmon clearly never learned from his first mistake originally at OSU.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 07:37 PM)Stormborn Wrote: True, and it's no coincidence about what organizations these guys went too, with the slight exception of Dallas. For sometime, all four of them plus Luck made up most peoples top 5.

Heck, let's just throw Matt Kalil in the fire while we're at it, although it's more of a just not very good problem for him.

It's a want it with Kalil as well. He just doesn't have that fire in him. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 11:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's a want it with Kalil as well. He just doesn't have that fire in him. 

His brother is kind of a goof, but he turned out good.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 11:36 PM)Stormborn Wrote: His brother is kind of a goof, but he turned out good.

He knows when to turn it on. Matt doesn't
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 04:13 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: in 2012 the Bengals drafted Dre K. A lot of us here have labeled him a bust out of frustration with his health and inability to get on the field. Finally healthy (poo poo poo). He shown flashes in game. Now in training camp he is really stepping up.

Dude if the Browns knew how to draft they wouldn't be in the basement of the AFC North every year.

(08-07-2015, 06:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Really goes to show you how important the interview process is and being able to decide if a guy truly loves football. That seems to be the problem with all of those guys

I thought RGIII's issues were injury related, I didn't hear about a work ethic issue.(Admitedly I don't read up on the Redskins...ever)

Reply/Quote
I NEVER wanted Gilbert. Thought he was the most overrated cornerback in the draft and was so glad when Cleveland took him.

Millner is a bit of a surprise, didn't expect him to play this poorly. Claiborne and Gilmore were both taken before Kirkpatrick. Wasn't too high on Claiborne, and Gilmore I actually really did like. Always was a fan of Kirkpatrick, just figured he was going to take time. Didn't expect it to be this long, but oh well.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 02:28 AM)Bryan Wrote: Dude if the Browns knew how to draft they wouldn't be in the basement of the AFC North every year.

I thought RGIII's issues were injury related, I didn't hear about a work ethic issue.(Admitedly I don't read up on the Redskins...ever)

RG3 is in it for RG3. 
He alienates teammates and throws coaches under the bus. 
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 03:55 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I NEVER wanted Gilbert. Thought he was the most underrated cornerback in the draft and was so glad when Cleveland took him.

Millner is a bit of a surprise, didn't expect him to play this poorly. Claiborne and Gilmore were both taken before Kirkpatrick. Wasn't too high on Claiborne, and Gilmore I actually really did like. Always was a fan of Kirkpatrick, just figured he was going to take time. Didn't expect it to be this long, but oh well.

Gilmore is the only name I would swap with Dre for at this point, but like you said he was gone. He's actually the only CB from that draft taken in the first two rounds to have a good career thus far, I fully expect Dre K to add his name to that list this season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Me too!!!  I think I may have been a little hard on Kirkpatrick at the beginning because of his injuries, but I am so glad we have him and Dennard.  I think they are both going to be really good corners and help this team for a while!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote