Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennard VS Gilbert & Dre K VS Millner
Looking forward to a coming out party for both of them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It gets old hearing fans whine and hold it against players when they are young and haven't had the opportunity to learn from playing experience or haven't had the health to prove their worth. The cycle will always repeat itself though some fans will continue to to judge way too quickly.
Reply/Quote
Yea, it's the natural progression.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 04:13 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: in 2012 the Bengals drafted Dre K. A lot of us here have labeled him a bust out of frustration with his health and inability to get on the field. Finally healthy (poo poo poo). He shown flashes in game. Now in training camp he is really stepping up.

Dee Millner was drafted the next year by the jets out of desperation for Revis leaving. He's been quite a disappointment going as far as probably not making the roster this year for the Jets. Now he's injured out 6-8 weeks with a broken wrist. So they may keep him on IR or PUP. who knows.

Dennard and Gilbert were drafted in the same year last year. My hear was pounding watching that draft praying that Dennard fell to the Bengals. Watching Cleveland trade around and take Gilbert at 9.
Well reports are coming out of Cleveland the kid has horrible work ethic and is on the bottom of the depth chart. Running with the 3s.

We as fans have been quick to jump on our players and say they are busts. Also it goes to show you we do have a better scouting and coaching staff.

We could have had both these players instead we end up with Dre K and Dennard.

I'm pretty happy about that right now.

That is something to think about. I think our guys might end up being the best if they play up to their potential.

Kirkpatrick has had problems with the double moves and staying healthy but if this changes he has show he can
be a fine ballhawk. Dennard was the most ready Corner in that Draft and i think he could be a Revis type.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is something to think about. I think our guys might end up being the best if they play up to their potential.

Kirkpatrick has had problems with the double moves and staying healthy but if this changes he has show he can
be a fine ballhawk. Dennard was the most ready Corner in that Draft and i think he could be a Revis type.

Geno returning to form, MJ back, Dunlap, Hardison, etc., will have our pass rush pressuring the quarterbacks enough so that they won't have enough time for double moves (I realize that they're sometimes quick, but he'll develop to be able to contain himself, and I'd rather him be over-aggressive than under).

Dennard is an absolute stud and I hope we get him on the field because he can be left on an island, just like Revis, and can shut-down an opposing team's receiver.

I really hope we see them on the defense full-time because we didn't draft them early to play special teams and a few defensive packages.
Reply/Quote